CHAPTER 2: NUBIVAGANT

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nubivagant (adj.)          - Wandering in the clouds; moving through the air.

 

(SEHUN)

“Why did you try to kill yourself when I met you?” I asked her boldly. That has been crossing my mind for some time.

“You’re keeping yourself from others but you can befriend with anyone you want,” I added to raise my question, “You’re good at studying unlike me. You’re rich. You have many admirers although you turned them down.”

I lost my count to the time I was there with her on that rooftop. Never had I asked about that. I just did not want her to think about that. But that time, I asked that.

She didn’t reply. She kept starring the blue sky, “Everyone has their own problem. I thought mine was big… big enough to kill myself,” she kept on starring the sky, “until I met you.”

After her sentence, she moved her eyes from the sky to my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat. Was she flirting with me? OMG.

I didn’t ask what her problem was because I believed she wanted to keep that by herself. Cut that off, I just didn’t want to ruin the mood.

We didn’t stop looking at each other. That was the time I started to wonder whether that was just friendship or something more.

On top of that, she smiled at me.

She freaking smiled at me. The curve on her lips occurs once in a blue moon. But when she did that, no moon nor sun can compete her for the beauty.

I mean, I knew she was so beautiful but was she this beautiful?

“Let’s go back, it is time for PE class,” she cut my thoughts.

 

Those top 3 students got ‘privilege’ not to participate much in PE. Yes, what a good country we live in.

But that includes ‘her’. Bae Irene. She used to sit on that audience seats beside the field, reading books which I’ll never understand. Her long black hair swayed with the wind as she turned the pages of the book.

I could not keep on staring at her as everyone is watching. I have no idea why she doesn’t want people to know about us. Maybe she was embarrassed by me.

“They don’t beat you nowadays,” suddenly someone approached to me. He locked his arm on my neck. I knew who he was. The almighty Kim Jongin.

I glared at him, “Back off, you freak!”

 “I wonder why our master Sehun is being all blue and black,” he said, “Your sister would kill me and those guys if she knew about this. And if I were you, I’d use all my authorities to lock them up in prison.”

He kept chewing his gum.

“My sister adores you. Plus, I have no authority,” I said, “You better not start about that thing.”

He let go of my neck and chuckled, “Just because you want to run away from it, it doesn’t mean you can get rid of that entirely from your life. You have to admit that. YOU. ARE. FREAKING. RICH.”

He was right though.

He looked at me.

He knew that I agreed with what he said. Then he sighed and added, “I wish I were you.”

I wish I was Kim Jongin; free from all the attention.

“I can see you are trying hard to become what you wanted to be,” I replied, “With your marks, you can get into any Business School you want.”

He smirked sarcastically, “By the way, I reported those bullies to School Chaplin,” he said proudly with a wink.

I never cared about those losers anyway.

“I told you,” Jongin continued, “Your personal assistant post is for me. Keep t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter