CHAPTER 5: ALATE

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ALATE (adj.): Having wings, lifted in high

(SEHUN)

Sunday reached faster than it seemed. The hotel organized the event to launch a new branch opening of Haneul Group. Their business is only growing.

Jongin was beside me, starring at Yoong-noona. I’m afraid he’s going single if he’s doing this for his entire life, “Irene said she’ll be late; traffic jam.”

And therefore, Jongin and I looked like the dates for each other. I saw my sister, who was the star of the party, talking to some important guests with my parents.

I looked across the room. Everyone was dressed up so fancily and elegantly. They seemed to wear their best from their closest since it was such a big event.

Among them, I noticed her. Bae Se-Kyung was standing with her father. They looked so happy.

“She’s really loved,” Jongin whispered, “her father dotes on her so much. He provides her with anything she wants since she survived the accident when she was young.”

We should take the gossiping class. We kept on staring at her which made her notice us. We found ourselves in a weird position as she walked towards us, “Sehun and Jongin, long time no see.”

She greeted us, clicking her champagne glass with ours.

No see so good, lady. She was so annoying during school.

“Sehun, you’ve become much more handsome,” she praised me, “Why don’t you reply my call for the meeting I sent you via Mrs. Noh?”

The match-maker.

“So, you’re the A-list bride she mentioned.”

Sorry, lady. I’m marrying your cousin.

“We’ll be that one power-couple,” she added. That’s disgusting but let’s just endure it. We are business partners. We are business partners.

I laughed it off as a joke, “Oh, please. I already have a girl I’m going to marry.”

Her face suddenly turned gray, “Who? May I know?”

I smiled at her, “Wait for the surprise.”

As soon as my sentence ended, the ball room’s door was opened and the girl whom I waited for a long time arrived.

She was wearing a swing lace dress which was navy blue in color. Neither of unnecessary skin was exposed but neither of her beauty was covered. Her elegant steps towards me were my favorite part of the night.

She smiled at me as soon as she found me among the people. Her smile stunned me and my heart. I was sad it took 5 years but I was incredibly happy she happened to me.

“Here comes my fiancé,” I told Se-Kyung, proudly. I was not more proud in that moment than any of other moments in my life.

In one look, you can say she’s the most graceful among every other female guest.

 

Se-Kyung's face looked so shocked by this news.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Irene said. She stood in front of us full of grace, “Did I missed anything?”

I shook my head like a fool and walked towards her to be by her side. I was pulled like a magnet.

“Se-Kyung-ah…” she greeted, “it’s been a while since we last met.”

Se-Kyung did not reply. I knew she was angrier than shock; her expressions showed. She must be embarrassed after saying all the 'power-couple-thing'. She left the place with any of responses.

I couldn’t care about it because I was busy appreciating how beautiful Irene was.

“You look so beautiful,” I told her while staring at her to appreciate her effortless charm and beauty, “as always.”

She blushed from my compliment and lowered her head to smile.

“So,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter