CHAPTER 14: CICATRICE

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cicatrice (n.) - The scar of a healed wound.

(IRENE)

“Just trust oppa,” he called himself Oppa despite the fact that he’s the same age as me, “I’m good at this.”

Starting from some point, he insisted that he’d cook, “You don’t have to do this”

That’s how he started to ruin the dish. I could see he was doing a lot of clumsy moves but he wouldn’t let me help him.

“Are you sure you can handle this?”

He took a sip of his own dish, “I can handle this but I don’t think you cannot handle this.”

He looked at me with a very cautious pair of eyes. His look indicates disappointment at his own dish, “Let’s just order some chicken.”

I burst out laughing, “You’re so silly.”

His look was so apologetic, both to me and to the chicken that died for that dish.

“I’ll take that as a compliment for my sense of humor,” he laughed with me, “I’m sure I don’t have any talent in cooking.”

He started to tidy up the kitchen he messed up,

“You’re gonna break the plates at this rate,” I warned him.

“You’re so discriminative against men,” he narrowed his eyes, “Men can cook.”

I laughed again at his childish side, “You don’t include in those men.”

“Yes,” he admitted with a pout, “You do it.”

He let me do the dishes while giving me another peck on my cheek. His affections became so natural and often. I loved every single one of it.

He, sometimes, can be childish although he’s all grown man. I wondered if his employees knew about this side of him.

The fear of getting beaten during the night and being ignored in day time has far gone. The feeling of love, affection and every positive thing has replaced them completely.

 

“Sehun, I need to talk to you and your family,” I’ve finally made up my mind to tell them everything.
Sehun gave me the love I need for strength. At times, steps towards love bring hope and Sehun taught me that I’m born to love and be loved, no matter what hardship comes.

Sehun did what he needs to do; he called his parents over the hospital.

“I think you need to move from this hospital,” I told them without any introduction. Sehun knew why I’ve said that but his family was shocked, “I’ve decided to sue them.”

Sehun’s parents were always supportive of their kids, which was strange to me.

Yoona clapped her hands once, “Yes, sue them with a false declaration.”

Their family always have been there for each other and it was so embarrassing to confess about your miserable life. They’re going to pity me.

“They actually have the bone marrow already,” I sighed, “and they’re using it to threaten me to leave Sehun.”

That was the most humiliating moment in my life. I told everything about me with all the heavy heart. I couldn’t continue to lie to them.

After every detail of the story, they’ve decided to do everything; filing a criminal case, leaving the hospital, and all.

 

(SEHUN)

“You’re so brave,” I complimented her, “We have your back.”

We walked ourselves out of the hospital and decided to sit on the bench in front of the hospital. The weather was sunny and the clouds were clear. There were children playing around and some patients were having their daily exercise.

She just nodded, “I feel so guilty,” she confessed, “I walked into your life with a free pass and still nothing good is happening to your family since.”

I flicked her forehead lightly, “Why are you blaming yourself?”

But she wasn’t wrong, some part of guilt also existed inside me.

Only if I didn’t act recklessly five years ago… Only if I kept my feelings by myself…

Maybe she wouldn’t have to experience those horrible experiences.

 

 

How could he do this to her? To his own daughter?

The nightmares she’s been having in this countless night, the cries she had during her sleep were due to her own father.

The fact that her blood type is AB while her father’s blood type was O never left my mind but it became vivid lately. Was she adopted?

But her mother died in a car accident after discharging from hospital.

The more I doubt the more complex things became.

“They’re so brave to challenge Haneul,” Jongin said. I was having a drink with Jongin and Suho later j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter