CHAPTER 7: SEREIN

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Serein (n.)       - The fine, light rain that falls from the clear sky at sunset or in early hours of the night.

(JONGIN)

Morning came and I was still in Yoona’s room sitting on the coach of her living-room. She seemed to wake up. I could hear some of the noises coming out of her bedroom. She walked out of her room with messy hair and a bloated face. She sure did drink a lot.

“What???” she shouted when she saw me. I must have shocked her, “Why are you here? How did you get into my house?”

I couldn’t care about her questions, “What is this?” I asked giving her the paper I found last night, “Why is this on your table?”

She seemed to be surprised that I had the paper but she kept calm, “This is my privacy.”

“Since when did you have leukemia?” I asked her calmly, “Have you seen the doctor?”

I was still sitting on the couch and she was standing, “Have you been waiting the whole night to ask this?”

She laughed as if I joked, “I’m serious.”

“Your face is scary,” she told me. There was no sincerity in her voice and she kept avoiding my questions,

“Oh Yoona.”

I called her word by word.

Her face went calm when she sense the seriousness of the mood.

“I won’t die,” she assured with a smile, “I’m still in the early stage and I’ve already applied for a bone marrow donor. Everything is fine.”

She walked to me and sat beside me. I was filled with anger and frustration, I couldn’t smile back to her.

“Why didn’t you tell your family?” I asked, “Why are you doing this to yourself?”

“I was about to tell,” she admitted, “but then, Sehun announced his marriage so suddenly and I didn’t want to ruin the mood.”

I put the paper on the table in the room and scratched my head out of frustration. What kind of logic theory did she use?

“I’m okay,” she reached her hands to my hand, “The doctor says I have a very high rate of survival and we are powerful enough to get a bone marrow. I already am started to get some treatments.”

I was confused for the whole night, “You have to tell your family.”

She nodded, “I will.”

“And you shouldn’t drink more alcohol,” I was firm about that.

“I won’t.”

Why is this happening to her out of all people? She was the most hard-working person and was that the sign that she needed more rest? If my body reacts in accordance to my emotions, I would have cried then.

However, some feelings should be left ignored, right?

 

 

(SEHUN)

Both of us were home-date-person. We loved staying at home, reading, watching films, playing games and etc.

I thought she is always capable and perfect.

However, she showed some human side of her when she watches baseball, “No many how many times I watch, I just cannot understand. Why is homerun good? He was technically passing the line.”

I explained how it is played but she never fully understood. I tried this to Yoona and she understood it quite fast though, “You’re really bad at this.”

I patted her head lightly, “Do you want to try other channels?”

She shook her head, “I’m watching this until I fully can understand.” She looked so determined.

I found out a new side of her and that’s also charming and cute.

Her phone rang and the ringtone was ‘LeeHi’s Breath’. One of my favorites.

She seemed to be confused with the number she saw, “It’s Jongin.”

Why would Jongin call her? On our honeymoon-phrase?

She picked it up, “Hello?”

She seemed to be shocked with what she heard, “Okay, I’ll make sure you get it.”

After hanging up, she looked at me with a very worried face, “He demanded me to call my uncle for an appointment with him.”

What? What does the hotel have to do with the hospital?

Did something happen at our hotel? “What happened?”

“He said Yoona-unnie is not feeling well and they need to meet my uncle”

Oh crap. This must be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter