CHAPTER 11: TWITTERPATED

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twitterpated (adj.)      - Infatuated or obsessed

(IRENE)

I pressed the passcode to walk into the place I called home. The place is a mess, it’s not the same as the time I left. I could see some of the instant noodle cups piled up on the living room table.

I’ve done nothing and nothing wrong. I’m stronger with him and I shouldn’t be making stupid imagination about our future. He needs me. I need him.

He will protect me and I will protect him.

I walked straight to Sehun’s room with full determination. I opened the door quietly and the first thing I noticed was a very strong odor of liquor.

There were a lot of alcohol bottles in different sizes; some of them are half empty but most of them were completely emptied.

Then, I saw him sleeping on his bed. Suho was right about not shaving but he’s wrong about him being hideous. He always looked fine.

There was no much light except some sun rays penetrating among the curtains.

I sat beside the lying Sehun. As soon as I sat, I regret myself leaving this man behind.

“Sehun-ah,” I tried to wake him up.

He was a light sleeper but alcohol made him unable to wake up easily. Moreover, he had some fever.

I hoped he’d be happy to see me, “Hun-ah…”

I tried again. This time, he started to make small moves.

His eyelids started to move as they were slowly opened. However, both the speed and width increased when he saw me.

He immediately sat up on his bed, “Rin-ah.”

That was the saddest voice I’ve ever heard from him. His hands reached my arm and hands to check if I was real, “Rin-ah…”

He couldn’t stop calling my name, “Rin… I’m so sorry.”

A drop of tear slipped down from his eyes, “I’m so sorry."

I could feel his fears and sadness through his actions.

He calmed himself down, “I really didn’t know she’d do that to me….” His voice was shuttering, “it really wasn’t….”

His whole body was shaking in fear of me leaving him. This man… indeed needs me.

I caressed his face, “I know. I know you and I know her.”

I tried to calm him down.

I knew to what extent she’d go, “I know it’s not your fault.”

“Then, why?” he held me tighter, “Why did you leave me without any words, again? I can’t live without you, do you know?”

His voice didn’t stop shaking, “You’re so cruel to repeat that. I thought I couldn’t meet you again.”

He said as his tears shed down more rapidly.

He looked at me with the saddest pair of eyes. I’ve never expected this kind of pain mixed pleasure in life. I’m making this work, no matter how hard this is.

“I didn’t know how to react,” I told him with a smile to comfort him, “I couldn’t think rationally and I was angry at both you and that woman. I felt like giving up.”

I lowered my head as I couldn’t face him, anymore.

“Of course, you should be angry,” he said while holding my hands tighter, “That’s normal. You should get mad at me, hit me and demand explanation.”

His thought was simple, unlike mine.

“If I hit you…” I breathed heavily, “If I get mad at you…” I paused while absorbing the energy to speak, “What if you don’t have an explanation?”

I paused again, “What if you left me?”

He was frozen for my unexpected answer, “What if you left me because I am annoying?”

He shook his head to deny my doubt, “No.”

His reply was substantial.

“No… No, No. No. No,” he whispered, “Irene-ah… I would never leave you. Can’t you see?”

His hugged me to prove his words. His firm ensurance and gentle embrace might be the answer to all my d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter