CHAPTER 13: ACATALEPSY

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Acatalepsy (n.) - The belief of impossibility of comprehending the universe; the belief that human knowledge can never have true certainty.

(IRENE)

Sehun went to the hospital, saying this was the problem between him and Se-Kyung. He didn’t want me to join. However, I am well informed that all of this centered from me.

Sehun’s been out for some time now and he should be at home any time soon.

Not so long after I thought of that, I heard a doorbell and immediately went to open it. The unexpected guest came in.

“Father,” I gasped. His eyes had rage as always. They were different from Sehun’s which I am now used to.

“I told you to divorce him!!!” he shouted with all his might.

He grabbed my collars with a very strong grip while dragging me to the living room from the door front, “Why don’t you just do what I told you to??! Now, you’re making Se-Kyung a bad woman.”

He dashed me away and kept on screaming, “You’ve never act my likeness!”

I fell on the table causing some of the items to fall from it. The pain made me moan. This is not going to happen, again. I couldn’t stand this, anymore.

“What’s your likeness, anyway?” for the first time in my life, I talked back, “You were so inconsistent, violent and you never act as a proper father anyway!!!”

The fire met the oxygen. I just made him angrier but this is what I could do. I couldn’t just let him control my life the way he wants.

“Are you talking me back?” he hissed, “Did you just speak up against me? You want to know my likeness?”

I could say he’s so furious, “I WANT YOU TO DIVORCE HIM!!!”

His hand moved together with his words. He slapped across my cheek.

I could taste the blood on my lips.

 

(SEHUN)

After the chaos at the hospital, I went back straight home.

I could see the door to my house was opened. She can always be this clumsy. My worries for her were always right. From the yard of the house, I could hear some noises from the living room.

I rushed in and witness the most traumatizing scene in my life.

“I WANT YOU TO DIVORCE HIM,” Mr. Kim shouted at her while slapping across his face with all his strength.

“What in the world is happening?” I walked to them step by step.

With everything I’ve witnessed made me speechless, Irene got up from her knees. Both of them stayed silent for a few seconds.

My system has become malfunctioned while boiling the anger. The scene was too much for me to handle. The amount of anger inside me is enough for it to force out the words I should not say to the man named a father.

“Get out,” I said with a very calm voice. I needed no more explanation. Whatever Irene had done, she never deserved to be treated this way. I ground my teeth, “I told you to get the hell out of my house!”

My voice became louder.

Mr. Kim was lost for any of the explanation and he did what he was told. He left the house.

Since he didn’t explain, I have to listen about it from her. She was on her feet. Her lips were bleeding and her hair was a mess.

I felt as if my heart was stabbed with a needle several times. The shock, sadness, and rage drained me and traveled my whole body.

“What did I just see?” I kept myself as calm as possible.

Her tears started to fall, probably, from the pain and shock. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her slowly, “Why is he doing this to you?”

I wouldn’t dare to hurt one strand of her hair, yet, he was making her bleed. What on the earth did she do? What’s her mistake?

She controlled her tears fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter