CHAPTER 3: LACUNA

To Protect My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lacuna (n.)      - A blank space, a missing part.

(SEHUN)

“The only son of Hanuel Group has been stabbed at school in result of long term bully,” the reporter said, “According to the sources, he was bullied by Student G. for a certain time but later on the year, he reported to the school, resulting a semester suspension which caused the bully to be angry and stab the victim.”

The news spread all across the nation. Now, everyone knows who my parents are. I had been hospitalized for a few weeks. Thank god, the stab didn’t hurt the important organs.

I got no contact from Irene. I understand. The time was not a good time to contact a sick friend when he lied to you about his whole being.

On top of that, it was an important period. Matriculation exam is so close and everyone has to study hard to get into good colleges.

“Man, I’m so sorry,” Jongin came into the room with a very apologetic look, “I didn’t know he’d react this way.”

“It’s okay,” I smiled at him, “It was not like you stabbed me. You did what you think is good for me.”

Seeing him in uniform made me miss the school, the student life and more importantly, her. The thought of her never left me. Her smile, her looks, her hair and all about her remained painted in my heart and head.

“Irene has quit the school.”

What?

“What?” I spoke out my mind. With the sudden news, I felt a of thunder in broad daylight.

“What do you mean she quit?”

“Why?”

“How?”

I added more and more questions in disbelief of what Jongin claimed, “She quit the school; her father says she’s going abroad for further studies.”

For the whole year we’ve talked, no abroad study was mentioned. She talked about how she wanted to be a social worker to help people while studying languages in Korea.

“But…”

“Sehun-ah, I tried my best to contact her… but she really doesn’t live in Mr. Bae’s place anymore. I think she didn’t tell you because she was mad that you lied to her”

That’s possible.

However…

How could she just…

“Where did she go?”

Jongin didn’t know about the exact place. He shook his head.

I couldn’t even confess her. In addition, she got to know the truth through the news. In the end, none of my plans worked. What could possibly go worse?

Liking someone is unpredictable and crazy. I yearn for her. How is it possible that I lived through the incident while I couldn’t feel any of my heart’s presence?

 “We can still find her,” Jongin cheered me, “Your parents own a damn airline under their big group! You can go wherever you want!”

He’s right. I just couldn’t just let it end with a sad ending.

 

“You’re not even employed. You did not get into adequate college. You even get yourself into trouble which is a criminal case,” Mr. Bae said with a very cold voice.

That was the only option. She was not friended with anyone. No one had her contact information including me. I was standing in Mr. Bae’s office. Jongin’s waiting for me outside the building.

And then he continued, “Why should I let you ruin my daughter’s career? She has a bright future ahead of her. Just because you have a rich father?”

He was stating the fact though.

“You can just tell her that I am looking for her. If she ever wants to contact me, please,” I was desperate, “I’m more than happy to go wherever she is.”

He stared at me coldly and curved his lips for a smirk like what I said would never happen.

I left the building. My face indicated things did not go well to Jongin, “At least you tried.”

“I shouldn’t have lied to her,” I sighed, “she was very precious.”

Then, I knew that you need to be powerful enough to protect and keep the person I love beside me. The idea of love has given me a desire for success.

One day, I’ll find her and tell her to stay by my side.

 

 

That was how my first love supposedly ended without any beginning.

I didn’t know what went wrong. All I noticed was the size of the outcome from a lie I kept.

Years passed. It was 5 years in exact.

I started to take over some part of the business from my father. I, then, manage the private hotel, Hotel Himmel, which was close to the airport which is directly branched from Hanuel Group.

Jongin, as promised, became my personal assistant. He was a terrible driver and I had to drive him to the hotel.

“What kind of personal assistant ride the car dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter