Ride #4

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say, something bad is bound to happen when all the good things occurred all at once. My internship has been smooth-sailing ever since that day, when the almighty Mr Oh Sehun yelled at me in front of everyone. I did my tasks properly and no one came to find any faults in me, including Lucy. Though working under Baekhyun still makes me uncomfortable at times, at least he didn’t give me any special treatment. However, sometimes when we are alone, he would smile at me, you know the boyfriend kind of smile and not the colleagues kind of smile, which is really bothersome. Can he just not smile to me? I wish I could say that I am not affected by his smile because I am. I really hate myself for that.

By the time, back to the topic on my internship, what I am trying to say is that things are too good to be true! Maybe Lucy finally sees the potential in me and lets me off the hook because I have made improvements, but still. I have a bad omen.

Here I am at the pantry getting a cup of drink when I spotted Sehun’s secretary looking really flustered and anxious next to Lucy, who has frustration written all over his face. Did something bad happen? Why do they both look like some catastrophe happened?

“I am not sure why but he is not picking up his phone!”

“Maybe you should go to his place and check on him.”

“B-But I have many things to prepare for the meeting with Mr Takahashi later on. That meeting determines if we can clinch the deal with our Japanese client, so it is super important and I can’t screw up.”

“Hmm…”

My eyes enlarged when I made eye contact with the tigress Lucy. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, I was just getting a drink and I happened to stay a little longer than I should. Is Lucy going to call for me?

“Kang Hera!”

Damn it. I knew Lucy isn’t going to let me off easily. I knew she is going to call for me! Why didn’t I leave the pantry immediately getting my drink? Why was I such a busybody? I mean, whatever that happened is not of my concern! I am just an intern! Hesitantly, I made my way to Sehun’s secretary and Lucy, masking my fear with a smile.

“Yeah Lucy?” I asked, hoping that she isn’t going to scold me for being such a busybody.

Lucy scribbled some words on Secretary Do’s diary and tore out the paper from the diary and shoved it into my hands. I received it with confusion because I had no idea why Lucy gave me an address.

“Go to Mr Oh’s place and check on him. He has a really important meeting later on and he should be in the office but he isn’t and none of us can get a hold of him.”

“HUH?” I exclaimed. Why me?

Lucy glared at me with her bulging eyes, “What? You seem really free hanging out at the pantry anyway!” See, I knew Lucy would always have something to pick on me. She is always against me, and it really got me wondered if I am the problematic one because I don’t see her picking on other interns as often. She can’t possibly know something about me and Oh Sehun or Byun Baekhyun right?

“What are you waiting for?”

“But I-”

“But what? Or how about you take over my job and I will go?”

There is no way I can reject Lucy’s request. She kept intimidating me with her fierce expression. Furthermore, Secretary Do was looking at me with hopes twinkling in his eyes.

“What do I have to do?”

“Check on him and get him to the office as soon as possible,” Lucy commanded and she seems a little more pleased that I had no more complaints. Well, what can I say? I AM JUST AN INTERN. Interns have no say most of the times.

Secretary Do heaved a sign of relief when I agreed to check on Oh Sehun on his behalf. I shouldn’t feel I am being forced right? I am doing a good deed and my parents always tell me that I should always lend a helping hand in times of need. Sigh, but going to Oh Sehun’s place? I haven’t seen him much around recently and I am sure he isn’t expecting my arrival. What if he flared up at me for intruding his place?

“Thank you Hera,” Secretary Do then wrote down a string of numbers on the piece of paper in my hands, “If you need anything, just give me a call.”

 

Oh Sehun’s place is insane. I couldn’t close my jaws the moment his housekeeper led me into the castle. Okay, maybe that’s too dramatic but Oh Sehun has a private pool! Holy , how rich is that man to be able to live in such luxurious bungalow with private pool and garden? I can only dream of living in such places. Oh Sehun is the epitome of Crazy Rich Asian. Never in my life would I be able to live the rich people, unless I strike a lottery or I marry a rich husband.

The smile on my face fell immediately recalling Sehun sleeping over at my shabby adobe. He must be judging my room, which is probably the size of his bathroom, when we had one night stand. Well, my mini apartment, which is a gift from my parents and my older brother, may not be an impressive place but I am stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter