Ride #11

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know what’s going on?”

I shrugged at Wendy’s question, as she occupied the seat next to me in the meeting room. Judging by the whispering in the room, everyone is as puzzled by the impromptu meeting. It was a last minute notice and what is more surprising is that literally everyone was called to attend the meeting, including the interns. It must be something huge because interns don’t usually attend any meeting.

“It must be a huge announcement,” Seulgi whispered and I nodded, as we wait for the rest to walk in to the meeting room and settle down. Wendy waved to Haechan, Jaehyun, and Doyoung the moment she spotted them so that the boys can locate where we are sitting.

The boys walked towards the empty row behind us and settled down quickly because they were a minute late. Just then, I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around to see who called me.

“Hera, are you dating Mr Oh?” Haechan asked, and suddenly the other two boys diverted their attention to me because they are just like any other busybody in the office.

“What the no?” I frowned and shot Haechan an irritated look. I have been hearing his name all day long and it is really getting on my nerves.

Haechan didn’t seem really convince but I didn’t bother to clarify any further because not like anyone is going to believe that I am innocent anyway. They asked, I denied, and they gave me doubtful looks like, if you don’t believe me then why are you asking me? I am innocent! Sure, maybe Mr Oh and I may have more personal interaction outside work but why is it their business to care? They need to stop breathing down my neck.

Thankfully, Sehun walked in, with Secretary Do walking behind him, before the other boys can shoot me another question. I can’t take my eyes off Secretary Do as I got reminded of his words. Can you believe someone, who is innocent looking like him, asked me to give Sehun a at the freaking club? Maybe Secretary Do has some bedroom kink behind closed doors, which I don’t want to know about.

“First of all, thank you for attending the meeting despite the short notice. We have managed to secure the deal with our biggest client from Japan.” Right after Sehun finished his sentence, everyone started cheering and clapping. It must be the contract that Sehun talked about last week. Although I have faith in his capability, I am still relieved and glad that he wasn’t affected by the hungover and screwed things up.

“So to reward everyone for your hard work for the past one year, this year’s company trip would be a 4D3N trip to Okinawa that is happening next week, with accommodation, flights, and basic expenses covered by company.”

The cheer got even louder this time while Seulgi, Wendy and I gasped and flagged our arms in excitement at the thought of traveling overseas for vacation in the midst of internship. Holy crap, is that one of the biggest perks for employees working in Agency Z? If that’s the case, I am willing to be a slave for this company for the rest of my life to get sponsored trips.

As Sehun raised his palm up, the noise level died down gradually and everyone shifted their focus back to the CEO, who wasn’t smiling (subtly) like he did few minutes ago.

“I have another thing to say. Recently, there have been rumours about me and an intern spreading in the company and I am not pleased with that at all. Those rumors are not true and instead of gossiping, how about doing something more useful and productive, like putting more effort in your work and your own tasks? I don’t care who started it, if I were to hear a single nonsense from any of you, you are fired.”

The meeting room turned into dead silence and everyone seems to freeze at Sehun’s warning in fear. Yeah, that’s right, those three es in the washroom need to be the first to get fired. At that moment, I caught Sehun’s icy cold gaze fixing on me. If I didn’t know about his playful side, I would have quit the job and the reason would be my boss scares the out of me. I mouthed a thank you and looked down at my fingers on my lap before anyone caught me.

“Mr Oh is the reason why I have nightmare every night.”

I bit my inner cheeks to prevent myself from laughing at Seulgi’s comment. We shouldn’t be laughing at such inappropriate timing but that was a good one. I can already imagine Sehun’s reaction when I tell him that.

 

Sehun’s words definitely hold more power than anybody else in the office. Ever since that meeting, I didn’t hear any rumours revolving Sehun and me for the rest of the day. I can’t even put my relief into words. Yes, that’s right, leave the poor intern alone and stop dragging me into the unnecessary drama meant for entertainment purpose.

“Hey Hera.”

I stood up immediately w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter