Ride #22

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Avoidance is a stupid move. It didn’t help in clearing my mind and making me feel better running away, because I know I got to face it one day. I couldn’t get my issue with Baekhyun out of my mind the entire night and losing my sleep from that drove me nuts. I shouldn’t have run away and I should stop being a coward, but whenever Baekhyun brings up the topic, I can’t help to feel the anxiety. Entering the office, I was relieved to see Baekhyun’s desk empty, although it’s weird because Baekhyun is never late for work.

“Hey Hera.”

I turned around and bowed at Luna, one of the senior creative directors in the office, as she approached me. There aren’t many nice souls around in Agency Z but Luna is definitely one of the angels. According to Wendy, who works under Luna, she has never belittled any of the interns and she is very kind towards everyone, especially towards her subordinates. Although Baekhyun has been a great superior, I wish I could work under her.

“Yes?”

“Has Lucy told you that you will be assisting me at a photo shoot today?”

“No, but I am glad to help.” Yeah I am, I am happy with anything that gets me away from Baekhyun.

“Thank you so much for you! If it wasn’t for my intern’s last minute leave, I wouldn’t have asked you from Lucy for the day!” Luna clasped her hands and thanked me, with sincerity. Bless you Wendy, thank you for saving my life.

“No problem! I am glad to help.”

Luna’s lips curled, while we made our way to the studio, “You are amazing, Hera! No wonder Baekhyun likes you a lot and he is always talking about how great you are as an intern.”

“W-What?” I felt a lump formed in my throat. Baekhyun talks about me all the time? And he even told the rest that he likes me??

“It’s true! Baekhyun is always complimenting your performance and he really likes you as an intern! He was talking to use about converting you to a full-time position but,” Luna looked around her surrounding before leaning towards my ears, “Lucy and Krystal feel otherwise.”

Urgh, I knew it. These satans are the biggest obstacles in my career. If I wish to remain in Agency Z, I have to get into their good books. But, do I want to continue working at Agency Z?

“Don’t worry, you have three more months to work hard,” Luna encouraged as she gave me a gentle pat, “If you did a great job today, I would definitely put in some good words for you when Baekhyun returns to work tomorrow.”

Brows raised, I asked, “Tomorrow?”

“Yeah, apparently Baekhyun is running a fever, so he isn’t coming in for work today.”

Although the weight seems to be lifted off my shoulders, hearing the news about a sick Baekhyun didn’t make me feel better, instead, I can’t help to worry about his condition. He was okay yesterday, how did he get down with fever suddenly?

 

I followed behind Luna into the studio and it seems like Luna has a great relationship with everyone because the moment they saw Luna, their faces lit up and they greeted Luna in a cheery manner. Same goes for Luna, who didn’t seem to put herself above everyone else despite her title, she greeted everyone politely and with respect. Unlike Krystal Jung, who thinks she is more superior and treats the lower rank staff rudely.

“How is it going? Have all the models arrived?”

Luna was talking to the director and as I scanned the set, my eyes landed on one particular guy among the models. The moment the guy, whom had my eyes fixated on, noticed me, a bright smile formed on his face as he waved animatedly at me.

“Hey Kang Hera!!”

Everyone at the studio was surprised by the loud voice and they all turned towards me, while I tried to hide my face from the sudden attention and also, in embarrassment because of that guy’s behaviour. What the hell was Kim Kai thinking?

Kai ran towards me and placed his arm around my shoulder, “It’s great to see you!!”

I gave a half-hearted smile while I side-glanced the arm on my shoulder. This intimacy is uncalled for! We aren’t that close and Kim Kai is way too friendly for my comfort.

“Oh, Kai, you know Hera?” Luna looked at us, seemingly surprised that Kai and I know each other.

“We-”

“Yeah! Hera cutie pie and I are friends!!”

Kai beat me into answering Luna’s question and our eyes both widened at Kai’s endearment. Did he just call me cutie pie in front of Luna?? What the hell? Is he trying to get me fired??

I pushed Kai away subtly and smiled nervously, “We are just normal friends, we aren’t that close actually,” I quickly clarified before the people in the studio misunderstood and spread nonsense around the office.

“Aww I am hurt by your words, Hera,” Kai pouted, with his hands placed on his chest. This guy can get any more dramatic, “I know you like Se-”

I slammed Kai’s lips shut with my palm immediately, “Okay, okay, let’s go somewhere to catch up shall we?”

Thankfully, Luna did not question any further when I dragged Kai away to a corner, otherwise, I am screwed. This really doesn’t know how annoying he is and how to keep his lips sealed.

“Yah!” I hissed, “Don’t mention anything about Sehun and me!”

“So I can talk about Baekhyun hyung?” He asked in a teasing manner.

I want to punch his face so badly, “No! You shall not mention anybody, understand??”

Kai nodded, but the cheeky look remains on his face, “Okay, fine. Since you are such a cutie, I shall give in to you.”

The annoying man tried to touch my jaw but I smacked his hand away from me, “Stop calling me a cutie pie or whatever nonsensical nickname, Kim Kai. People are going to misunderstand!”

“Okay, okay, even though you are cute as , I am not going to steal you from Sehun since you are his girl,” My cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter