Ride #31

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner with my family has never felt so nerve-wrecking and the atmosphere was so tense that I could feel sweat forming on my palms. Mum and dad couldn’t stop glaring at me, with their arms folded, while I could only lower my head in guilt. I was mentally prepared for the interrogation when I was demanded to be back home for dinner. But now that it’s actually happening, my courage vanished.

“How long have you been seeing your boss?” My dad asked in his deep voice, “You are only an intern. How can you date your boss? Furthermore, you are staying with him??” He sent me a look of disbelief and I gulped. My dad has never been so mad and I am so worried that he would ban my relationship with Sehun. There is no way I am going to do that.

“If it wasn’t for your brother, we would still be clueless of your actions, huh? How long were you planning to keep this from us?”

I narrowed my eyes at Jongdae oppa and he quickly avoided my death stare. Kang Jongdae, you are a huge betrayer. You told me to pursue my love and now you expose my secret to mum and dad.

“Stop staring at your brother. Answer the question!”

I was startled by my father’s burst of anger, but I am not going to waver and back down, “What’s wrong with dating Sehun? I love him and he loves me!”

“He is your boss! Don’t you have any shame? How can an intern be dating her boss? Don’t you realise that people would spread gossips about you and him?”

I was truly offended. How could my father say such a thing? Of course I do have shame and dignity. But Sehun and I have been through a lot and we are serious about each other, but my parents know nothing.

“Hera,” My mum called, “He is your boss. He is the CEO of Agency Z; he is rich. Rich people have their own way of playing game and I don’t want you to get taken advantage of. There is a huge gap between the two of you and you will realise that he is not the one for you in the future.”

If I didn’t sound angry, my facial expression would definitely show my anger clearly. How can my mother say such thing of Sehun when she knows nothing about him? He is not a player and he has never once made me feel like I am not worthy of him! Not just him, even his parents didn’t make me feel like I am not worthy to be their future daughter-in-law just because I am not born with a silver spoon! My parents need to know that not every single rich person is as scheming and arrogant as those portrayed on Korean dramas.

“Mum!”

Before I could clarify my mother’s misunderstanding towards Sehun, the bell interrupted us. I was kinda thankful for the short interruption, otherwise, I would have flared out and god knows what I am gonna do. Jongdae oppa went to open the door and I was taken aback when I saw Sehun standing right in front of us. What the hell is he doing here?? I told him about the dinner but I didn’t expect him to turn up, uninvited.

“Good evening Mr Kang and Mrs Kang, I am sorry for visiting without notice. I am Hera’s boyfriend, Oh Sehun,” I turned to look at my parents’ reaction and I prayed that Sehun would be able to walk out alive.

 

“So you are the Oh Sehun who has led my daughter to astray, huh?” I was shocked by my dad’s snide remark towards Sehun. If they continued to show disrespect towards him, I am not going to sit behind and do nothing.

“I am sorry that you think of me like that, Mr Kang. But,” Sehun slid his big hand into mine, “I am serious about Hera. I know it’s hard to convince you guys to accept our relationship in a night, because I am Hera’s boss, but rest assured that I have never once thought of taking advantage of Hera. Neither am I playing with Hera. Just because she is my intern doesn’t mean I will force her to do anything that she is not willing to do. Hera and I love each other and we are together because we are very much in love and I can’t live without Hera.”

I was touched by Sehun’s words and it really affirms that being together with Sehun is the best decision I have made in my life, regardless of what other people say. What did I do to deserve such an amazing man in my life? Honestly, I can’t wait to marry Sehun. Not like he proposed to me, but I am sure we will last till then.

“But, isn’t it ridiculous that you, as the CEO of Agency Z, are dating an intern? I don’t want my daughter’s reputation to be ruined because of you.”

“Dad,” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter