Ride #18

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I should have known. The company trip is a trap – it is a trap to entice people to join Agency Z without letting them know what they have signed up. The pay is good, there are many eye candies in the company, according to Seulgi and Wendy, and the CEO is a hottie, but the workload is not a joke. I could tell that no one had a good rest after the Okinawa trip, as if the trip was a way to prepare the employees for hell. Ever since the trip, I have been working overtime every night. Aside me, most of the full-time employees, who always knock off on time, had to stay and work on their stuff. The hustle is real, especially with more projects coming in, and the people here got more and more sensitive and uptight about every little thing. Like that one time, Key was screaming at one of the junior designers for messing up his storyboard and he was complaining to Mr Park how he had to fork out extra time to sort the mess even though he was already pressing for time for other unfinished storyboards. In the end, Mr Park had to beg Baekhyun to let him borrow me to help Key with his work. Key didn’t seem very pleased at first and he was shooting me death glares, which I guess he was just in a bad mood because nothing has been going smoothly for him, but he decided to make do with what was given to him because an extra helping hands is better than nothing.

It is crazy that somehow I was thankful for the hectic schedule because it gave Baekhyun zero time to bother me as he spends most of his time outside the office. I am not avoiding him purposely, but I know he is trying to get into my good side and I didn’t want to give him any chance to make advances, like what he did in Okinawa, in case gossips arise again. Furthermore, Sehun is a huge jealous freak. He would pester me non-stop if he knows Baekhyun is trying to court me too.

I was instructed by Lucy to double-check the props that are needed for the shoot later on so I had to sacrifice the first 30 minutes of my lunch time to finish my job. Just when I was leaving to get food from the shops nearby, I saw Sehun walking to the pantry to get his fifth cup of coffee for the day. Everyone is busy with work but the boss didn’t have it better. He has been looking more stressed than usual and I kinda feel bad for him. Sehun is same age as me but he has to carry the whole company with thousand of employees on his shoulder, it must have been very difficult for him.

“Hey-”

Sehun turned around when I snatched his cup away from behind; the deep frown on his face disappeared the moment he saw my face.

“That’s your fifth cup, stop drinking coffee and get some food, it’s bad to skip proper meals,” I reprimanded like a mother and I thought Sehun would rebut with something serious but instead, he flashed a smirk – the smirk that gives off bad omen.

“Someone has been watching me huh, stalker.”

I gulped, eyes blinking as I process his work. Crap, I swear, I didn’t mean to watch him! He-he just so happened to appear in my line of vision whenever I look up from my desk!

“Ha! What nonsense are you spouting? You happened to block my sight!” I looked away, feeling flustered because I am busted. My brain can never come up with something convincing at times of need.

Sehun laughed, “Your excuse is so bad but I love seeing that flustered side of you,” He poked my nose with his index finger, “Thanks for making me laugh. You are a good stress reliever.”

The feeling of being appreciated makes my heart swell; I didn’t do anything much yet Sehun seems really grateful for me for making his day. He sounded like I am the sunshine that never fails to bring him smiles and that makes me feel significant in his life. I found myself staring at his face unknowingly and the eyebag under his eyes kinda pains me. I wish I can be of actual help, rather than just making him laugh with my silliness.

“You are overwhelmed with work, aren’t you?” I asked, “Is there anything I can help you with?”

Sehun reached for face, fingers trailing along my jawline, “Your presence is the greatest help.”

“Tsk, I am serious. Let me help you, I don’t like seeing you so stressed up.”

Sehun has done so much for me and now, it’s time for me to do something for him too.

 

“Sit here.”

Sehun patted his thighs as he asked me to sit on his lap. I was contemplating as my mind is in a mess. Sure, I offered to help but I have never expected Sehun to take advantage and ask for ual favours in return. Although I do admit that I enjoy having with him, how can he make use of my kindness to satisfy his needs? In his freaking office! I have been wrong about this man! He ain’t no gentleman!

I reached for my shirt and I clenched the material in my hands, “Y-You are such an , Oh Sehun.”

Brows knitted, Sehun sent me a confusing look, “Huh? What did I do?”

“You-”

I was too shocked to complete my sentence as Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter