Ride #16

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things went back to normal the next day. Lucy didn’t send me any hostile stare every now and then. Neither did Mr Park nor Wendy gave me a different look, and I am so glad for that. Judging by the other interns’ behaviour, I guess Wendy really did keep her promise to not spill the milk. As Seulgi, Wendy, and I were looking at hotel breakfast buffet selection, there was a commotion between Mr Park, Haechan and Doyoung, who were greeting one another enthusiastically and their greeting raised questions in my head.

“Seulgi,” I nudged my friend, “Since when did Haechan, Doyoung, and Mr Park become such good friends?”

“Oh, since yesterday I guess? We happened to bump into Mr Park, Mr Byun, and Secretary Do when we were touring the street last evening and they treated us dinner. And somehow the boys shared common interest so that’s how their friendship happened. They even planned to go to the beach for water activities together.”

My jaw dropped as I chuckled in disbelief at how quickly the guys formed such strong bond with one another. After the three of us got our food, Doyoung signaled us to join them at the table. I was a bit reluctant because I didn’t want to be seen around Sehun unless needed but somehow, he seemed pretty nonchalant about my presence, which is a little different from his usual self but I was relieved that he didn’t make anything between the me and him obvious. As all the other seats were occupied, I took the next to Baekhyun and he turned and smiled like a fool to me. Thankfully, none of them was paying attention to us.

As I started digging in, Baekhyun leaned towards me and stole a piece of toast from my plate. My eyes widened in alarm, “What are you doing?”

“Your toast looks nice!” How rude of him to eat my food without asking for my permission. Has he forgotten the rules of eating with Kang Hera? The very first rule is to not steal my food because I am selfish; food over anything.

While everyone at the table was engaged in an exciting discussion about today’s itinerary, I was just looking out for Baekhyun’s unusual behaviour. It’s bad enough that people spread rumours about Sehun and me, I don’t want them to think that there is something going on between Baekhyun and me. Aside that, the jealous freak Oh Sehun is not going to let me off too.

“But Hera can’t swim.”

Upon hearing Baekhyun’s words, I raised my head from my plate to see everyone directing their attention to me. And of course, the frown on Sehun’s face did not escape from my eyes. My mind was no longer on the discussion so I had no idea what the rest were talking about.

“Oh. Baekhyun, how did you know that? Mr Park asked. Now everyone turned and looked at Baekhyun, except Sehun, who is still busy sending me death glare, as if it was my fault. I would have shut Baekhyun’s mouth if I could.

The moment Baekhyun opened his mouth, I beat him into answering the question before he spills any more nonsense, “I remember telling Mr Byun in one of our random conversations.”

That was a close save.

 

After breakfast, we all headed to the beach together. Glad that I could stick around Seulgi and Wendy so neither Sehun nor Baekhyun can bother me. The beautiful view in front took my breath away. How are the beaches in Okinawa so pretty? I can’t get over the clear water as I ran towards the sea and dipped my feet in. I love going to the beach but I have never tried any water activity because I have never learned swimming.

“You seem to love water a lot but you always reject my offer to teach you swimming in the past.”

I turned my direction towards the voice from behind and the smile of my face faltered as Baekhyun approached me and stood beside me. Yeah, that’s because I didn’t want to trouble you in the past, since you were always with school, but now, I just want to drown you in the sea.

“My offer is still valid, if you want,” He said, chuckling at the same time.

“Just stop it Baekhyun, I am not falling for any of your advances or kind gestures. We are over. Plus,” My eyes zoomed down to my feet, which were wriggling in the sea water because I was nervous, for don’t know what goddamn reason, “I am seeing someone.” Okay, technically Sehun and I are not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter