Ride #6

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the conversation with Seulgi, I tried to avoid people as much as possible because I didn’t want to hear about the things they say about me. It could be both good and bad but I guess it’s mainly bad stuff because, afterall from their perspectives, it seems like Mr Oh is favouring me and there is no way these gossipmongers would let the matter rest. I was glad that Lucy hasn’t come looking for me for all the rumours involving me but I am pretty sure she has heard them and she is probably thinking of ways to kick me out of the company.

The office is almost vacant but I stayed to finish up some of the audio editing work since I have wasted my entire morning with Oh Sehun. Speaking of that person makes my blood boil. If it weren’t for him, no one would spread anything about him and me. He could have avoided all the gossips if he asked me to take the cab to the office by myself, or pushed me away in the lift but no, he had to do things the way that would give people the wrong impression.

“Damn it,” I muttered a curse under my breath and banged my head against the table as I recalled all the events that happened in the afternoon.

“Whoa, are you alright?”

I jolted at the voice behind and I turned around and greeted Secretary Do, who seems like he was knocking off as he has his bag with him.

“Oh hi Secretary Do, going home?”

“Yeah, you are working over time?”

I nodded, “I still have some things not done so I decided to stay and finish working.”

Then, Secretary Do put a cup of coffee on my table and I shot him a questioning look.

“It’s my treat. Thanks for helping me today and I am sorry about those…things that people are saying about Mr Oh and you. You don’t have to be too bothered by them; they just love talking and they will soon get over it.”

Secretary Do smiled and I felt really grateful for his kind gestures. Gosh, he must have felt so bad about all the things that happened although I didn’t blame him for it. Those lame people are just a bunch of busybodies and it has nothing to do with the kind-hearted Secretary Do. Finally, I see humanity and there is someone with compassion and empathy in the company! I thought I just saw a shining halo on top of Secretary Do’s head.

“Thank you Secretary Do and it has nothing to do with you, it’s Oh Sehun who is- I mean, hmm Mr Oh, wait no! No one is at fault, it’s mine!!” Crap, did I just badmouth Oh Sehun and called him by his full name in front of his freaking secretary??? I am screwed. I am gonna get fired. I guess I should start packing my things and leave the company for good.

Instead of reprimanding me for being rude, Secretary Do burst out laughing and his bulging eyes turned into crescents. That’s first.

“Sehun is right, you are interesting.”

I frowned upon hearing those words. Huh? What did Secretary Do just say?

“Don’t stay too late. I am going.”

I bowed as Secretary Do took his leave, while I remained confused over his statement. The way he said that sounds like Oh Sehun told him something about me. I have never thought I would become the center of topic when I started my internship and things are obviously not going my way.

 

The sky was pouring like mad when I left the office at late hour. Why does it have to rain when I am leaving? All I want right now is to go home and have late dinner while I catch up on my Netflix dramas before sleeping but here I am stuck at the entrance of my company. I should have brought an umbrella along with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter