Ride #5

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s your relationship with Baekhyun?”

I blinked my eyes for a few times in confusion. Did I hear it right? That was very unexpected. Why did Oh Sehun ask me that question suddenly?

“Why did you ask that question?”

“I overheard your conversation with him at the studio.”

“Don’t you know it’s rude to eavesdrop on others, Mr Oh,” I grabbed the glass of water and gulped the liquid to mask my nervousness. Oh Sehun seems really determined to get to the bottom of it as he continued to fix his brown orbs at me, waiting for me to answer his question. I put the empty glass on the dining table, “I don’t think my personal life is not of your concern, Mr Oh.”

Instead of feeling offended for my rude remark, Mr Oh smiled, “This is why I like you Kang Hera, you are interesting.”

I choke. Did he just confess? No, I am sure he was just making a passing remark like, a general statement about his preference. I mean, why would he like me in a romantic way? We have no interaction with each other and we barely know each other, all we had was just a one-night stand. And frankly speaking, I can’t even remember how that night went exactly because I was really drunk. I knew that I had way too much that I could cope because I wouldn’t have done something out of the norm, like having with a stranger, if I wasn’t heavily intoxicated.

“I am just curious,” Mr Oh shrugged, “Judging from that conversation, you guys must have an unhappy past.”

I folded my arms, “Like I say Mr Oh, it’s not your concern. I am sure you don’t poke your nose into every employee’s affair, do you?”

Mr Oh nodded as he crossed his fingers and put his elbow on the table, “You are right, I don’t care what my employees do outside of working hours but I am interested in your life. I want to interfere your business, what can you do?”

Wow, this man is unbelievable. I hate to admit that every single word from Oh Sehun is causing my heart to do flips. I shouldn’t be feeling that way towards my boss. I have been getting all these abnormal feelings around Oh Sehun way too often and I need to stop before things get out of hands. Like, what would people say about us if we were to date? Renowned advertising agency’s CEO dating his intern? That’s quite absurd.

“You are really weird Mr Oh,” I was surprised that I hadn’t called him by his full name, based on how thin my patience towards him is wearing, “Remember that day where you yelled at me in front of everyone? You obviously hated how stupid I was. But now, you are-” HE NEEDS TO STOP SMILING AT ME.

“What?” Mr Oh asked, with that cheeky smile still hung on his face.

“You are unbelievable,” I wrapped my hand around the glass, hoping that the water would help to alleviate the awkward situation, but I realised that the glass has been emptied. Damn it.

“I don’t hate you at all. You told me to separate personal and work, and so I did. I would have scolded anyone who committed that mistake so don’t be offended that I scolded you in front of others. I know I got a little too harsh but I want you to remember it and not make such mistake again.”

Mr Oh sounded really genuine and caring right then and it’s hard to avoid his gaze when he is showing his concern. He really needs to stop being so unpredictable because I can hear my heart beating like mad at his words. It’s nice to have my boss showing concern in my progress but I wish my boss isn’t that good looking. It’s not doing any good to my heart.

“Thank you Mr Oh.” Water!! I need water!

“You seem really bothered by that scolding,” Mr Oh returned to his teasing side. See, he is unpredictable, “Why? Your heart hurts to get scolded by me? Aww. It breaks my heart to reprimand you too.”

“You wish Mr Oh. Stop thinking so highly of yourself.”

When is the lunch going to be served? I am starving and I want to feast on my food so I can avoid continuing the conversation with Oh Sehun.

“I can always not mix personal and work, do you want me to do that?”

“There is nothing personal between us okay, Mr Oh. You are my boss and I am your intern. Period.”

When will he ever get that into his head? Sure, my heart tends to behave weirdly around him but that doesn’t mean I like Oh Sehun! He is cold, eccentric and I wouldn’t want to deal with his mood swings 24/7.

 

On our way back to the company, I was glad that I didn’t have to engage in any conversation with Mr Oh because he was concentrati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter