Ride #29

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the heart to heart talk with Sehun that night, my relationship with Sehun got better. I should really thank Mrs Oh for that huh. Sehun and I have agreed to start as friends first; the first relationship was too rushed and we want to take it slow this time. However, even though we are “friends”, we have also come to a consensus that we are exclusive to each other. So I guess we are kinda like more than friends, but less than lovers? It is ambiguous, but I am satisfied with whatever we share right now. At least I know that Sehun loves me, and that’s all it matters.

At work, we keep things business and that’s good because that’s the balance we have been trying to achieve but it failed to happen. The lines were blurred and many times, Sehun has crossed the lines and became too personal with work stuff that involved me. But I am glad that we have struck a balance this time. I learned to be less dependent on Sehun and he saw the effort I put in.

“You are getting a hang of your job now,” Sehun complimented, with a bright smile lingering on his lips.

“I hope that comes from Mr Oh and not Sehun,” I teased, but I was really happy to get acknowledged for my hard work.

“Mr Oh and Sehun? They are still me anyway.”

“It’s different!” I rebutted, “Sehun would only shower me with compliments, even if I . But Mr Oh has high standards and high expectations; receiving compliments from the almighty CEO, Mr Oh, is something that every employee dreams of.”

Sehun laughed heartily as he looked through the documents, “Mr Oh sounds like a terrible person.”

“Yeah, he is evil and rude,” Sehun pouted and flashed a puppy face to me, “But he has his best interest for everyone. He may be tough and harsh, but his training works,” The frown on his face faded and the smile appeared again, “Look at your employees, they have all trained to be the elites in the industry.”

“Speaking of that,” Sehun shifted his orbs from his desktop to me, with a cheeky smile, “Are you up for a challenge?”

 

I wish I had said that I wasn’t up for the challenge, if I knew what the challenge was. As much as I want to learn and push myself out of my comfort zone, I am definitely not ready to present in front of real clients. Sehun had asked me to pitch the advertising idea to our potential client last minute, and my heart couldn’t stop beating like mad with so many pairs of my eyes fixed on me. Although I am kinda aware of the advertising idea, I am not mentally prepared for this. Can I really present with my minimal knowledge in this project? I took a quick peek at Luna and Mr Park, who were looking at me with a hopeful expression as they mouthed, “you can do it” to me. Even though Sehun didn’t say any word of encouragement, his eyes convey whatever he wants to say and I could feel him transmitting his support and energy to me through that meaningful eye contact.

“You may begin.”

I inhaled a deep breath to calm my heart rate. Kang Hera, you can do this. You can’t embarrass yourself Sehun, and Agency Z in front of these professionals. After I got ready, I began my presentation.

 

“You did great, Hera!” Luna gave me a hug, while Mr Park showed me two thumb-ups.

“Really? I was so nervous!!” I could finally breathe normally after the pitch ended. I thought I was going to pee in my pants, “Do you think the client like our idea?” I can’t help to worry about the outcome. What if I ed up? What if I failed to impress them?

Mr Park shrugged, “Well, don’t worry about that. I think you have done your best!”

Right then, Sehun and the client walked out of the meeting room and they shook their hands with each other. The client turned to me, “You did good. Mr Oh has chosen the right secretary for himself.”

I muttered thanks before the client made his move. Luna, Mr Park, and I rushed towards Sehun to pester him for the result.

“They have decided to work with us.”

We all cheered and I was so happy that I threw my arms around Luna animatedly. I can’t believe I did it. Thankfully, I did a good job and we managed to clinch the deal, otherwise, I would have to bury myself underground in embarrassment. I have finally achieved something as Sehun’s assistant. I caught Sehun’s lips lifting up slightly and I knew, he was proud of me.

 

“How did I perform today?”

Watching a handsome and hot man cooking in the kitchen skillfully is such a view; it’s so pleasing to my eyes. While Sehun sliced the onions, I could only sit at the kitchen island table and admired him in awe. Is there something that Sehun can’t do? He is the epitome of perfection – he has a stable job, he is smart, he is handsome and hot, he is caring, albeit a jerk at times, he can cook. And I don’t even have half of his abilities.

“I know I am hot, but if you continue staring at me, I might lose concentration and the steaks might

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter