Ride #26

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If working under Lucy is stressful and crazy, then working under Sehun is worse; it is a complete nightmare. My day starts as early as 7:30am because I have to get coffee for Sehun from his favourite cafe, which is not quite near the office but definitely nearer as compared to the freaking salad shop. According to Secretary Do, Sehun will have a bad day ahead if he doesn’t get the coffee from that particular shop. There was once the cafe messed up my order, I didn’t know I have taken the wrong coffee and I thought I was going to die from Sehun’s death glare when he realised the order was wrong. The worse thing is he made me go all the way to the café again to get him the right one, with my own money! Gosh, the cafe is a daylight robbery! The drinks are not cheap at all. Urgh, CEOs and their expensive taste.

When Secretary Do is not around, I am subjected to Sehun’s rant and I become an outlet for him to vent his anger and frustration on when things go wrong. I am an innocent party here! Secretary Do Kyungsoo, where the hell are you when I need you? And the thing is, Secretary Do has been going missing recently. I haven’t noticed his absence because I have been too occupied, it’s only when I am stuck in Sehun’s office, receiving a lecture from him, then I realised I miss Secretary Do’s presence. Only he can tame Sehun’s bad temper.

“How can you mess up the schedule?” Sehun slammed the planner on his table. He has insisted to check on the planner after I messed up his schedule by arranging two meetings at the same time. Thankfully, one of the clients was really understanding, otherwise, I would have been fired.

“I am sorry…”

“Sorry doesn’t solve the problems, Hera. You have been working as one of my secretaries for three weeks and you are still messing things up. Kyungsoo hyung is not going to be here 24/7 to help you clear the mess you created.”

I gulped and lowered my head in shame. The stress working under Sehun is too overwhelming and the fear of messing things up results in me making more mistakes than expected. I didn’t sign up for this position anyway, Oh Sehun made his own decision without asking me, making me feel more pressurised than ever.

“And yesterday you faxed the wrong thing to the client? Not to mention the email that was sent to the wrong recipient as well? What the hell were you doing, Hera?” Sehun continued to reprimand, making me feel lousier than before.

“I-I am sorry… I will take note, Mr Oh.”

Sehun sighed and returned to checking his desktop. Why am I making so many mistakes? Ever since I began working under Sehun, nothing has gone smoothly. And now I miss working under Baekhyun and Lucy. I should have treasured those days. Sure, it was hectic, but it is less stressful compared to my current plight.

“I am going out for meeting. Sort my schedule out properly and call Mr Choi to arrange for another meeting. I hate to say this but, please get your together.”

“Yes, Mr Oh.”

I slumped on my chair once I got back to my desk. Looking at the messy planner with scribbles and illegible handwriting, I released a sigh of despair. I recalled Sehun’s harsh words and I can’t help to be saddened by the setbacks. I really miss the gentle and caring Sehun, who would never scold me no matter how huge of a mistake I made.

Just as I decided to resume my work, I noticed the printed storyboard next to my desk. My heart stopped for a second and my breath hitched, , I am supposed to pass them to Sehun for the meeting! I am screwed again. Carrying the huge storyboard with me, I fled out of the office and rushed to the company that Sehun is heading to.

 

“Hello?”

“Mr Oh!! The storyboard!!” I shouted into the phone because I am panicking like mad, these storyboards are important for the meeting. The clients are going to get mad if they don’t see the storyboard.

“Oh ,” Sehun muttered a curse and I could imagine invisible smoke coming out from his red ears, “Where is it?”

“I am on my way to pass them to you, I am sor-”

Before I could complete my sentence, Sehun hung up the call. He must be extremely mad at me right now. Clenching onto the storyboard like my life is dependent on it, I trembled. Please let me make it on time.

When I arrived, I was glad that I made it and there was still some time left before the meeting starts. But Sehun was obviously not impressed by my carelessness. Cowering in fear, I handed the storyboard to him.

“Do you know that if you didn’t discover your mistake in time, we would be in deep ?!” Sehun yelled, earning looks from others who happened to walk past. I quickly looked down so that Sehun wouldn’t see me in tears.

“I-I am sorry, I really don’t know what else to say beside sorry…”

“You don’t just apologise and not reflect on your mistakes! Do you plan to get fired and end your internship immediately with a fail grade? Why do you never learn?”

“I didn’t even sign up for this position!” I retorted, and I didn’t bother hiding my teary eyes. I had enough. I am trying my best but Oh Sehun is always making things difficult for me and yelling at me, “You are always screaming at me! I am trying very hard to please you, what else do you expect?”

Sehun released a deep breath as he pinched his nose, “Are you really trying your best?? You can’t even deal with all the lectures and setbacks, how are you going to do big things in the future? Life is never about rainbows and unicorns! You need to learn from your failure and not just cry and lament about me scolding you all the time! You may think I am heartless but one day, you will realise the real world is harsher than you think. If you have no perseverance, if you can’t stand my or your job right now, you can tender your resignation. I am not going to stop you. I thought you were tough, you had resilience, and you are unbeatable, but I guess I was wrong huh?”

I glared at Sehun with a sharp cold gaze, showing how pissed I am right then. How can he doubt my effort? Although I have made a lot of mistakes, I am trying very hard to get things right. Oh Sehun has every rights to reprimand m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter