1 month later

When she was mine

"Look at that orphan!" 

"My mom told me that her father left them because he couldn't stand to be with them" 

"My mom says her father never loved her and her mother. I mean look at her!" 

"Her mother is a waitress. I wonder how she even made it to school" 

The poor 11 year old Hana walked by all her school mates, trying to tune them out as she did every day in school. She had grown accustomed to all their taunting and constant mockery. She didn't pay too much attention. At least that was what she told herself not to do but it grew worse every day. It had even gone to the extent of physical bullying. They picked on her. Drew on her locker. Tripped her. Worse of all, they vandalised her books with insults towards her mother. Calling her mother a . She tried her hardest not to cry because she didn't want to seem weak. 

The second she stepped into the classroom, the bullying had began again. 

Hana jolted out of bed. Her breathing laboured. A dream, a really bad dream. Her hand moved up to feel the hot tears that had slid down her face. She wiped it away with the back of her hands as she climbed out of bed. Glancing at the clock, she saw that it was close to 4 in the morning.  Her eyes moved to the calendar with a marked date on her nightstand, sighing in realisation. 

It's tomorrow. 

She opted not to go back to sleep. She knew that if she fell back to sleep, the horrors would come back to scar her once more. She stepped out of her room into the quiet hallway. Her feet careful not to make too much noise. As she passed by the large veranda, she was surprise to see Chaewon perch upon the ledge staring into the estate's flower gardens. Hana walks out onto the veranda as she inched closer to Chaewon. 

"What are you doing out here so early?" 

Chaewon turns her head, smiling when she saw Hana. 

"Just needed some air and I couldn't sleep. How about you?" Chaewon asked. 

Hana leaned against the ledge "Me too" 

Hana shrugs off her cardigan and placed it around Chaewon. The younger girl accepted it gratefully with a smile. 

"Your eyebags have gotten worse. The nightmares are still going on it seems" Chaewon said.

"I really can't escape your observations, can I?" Hana sported a sad smile. 

"What were they about?" 

Chaewon's tone was careful, she didn't want to bring up any unwanted memories from her sister. 

"Back when I was a child, I used to get bullied a lot for not having a father. The kids around me taunted me saying that my father left me because they never loved me. They ridiculed me for being the daughter of a waitress. Every day, I prayed that it would stop but it got worse. From verbal bullying to physical bullying. There was a time when I broke my arm because some kid decided it was fun to trip me. I had to go to the hospital to get a cast. When my mother asked me what happened, I lied saying I tripped on my own feet. I didn't want to cause any unnecessary worry. She was already busy and stress enough. I couldn't possibly add to the pile" 

Hana paused, feeling the tears well up in her eyes. 

She felt a hand on her shoulder. 

"You don't have to say anymore. I understand enough" 

Chaewon's soft voice brought more tears to Hana's eyes. 

"I didn't understand it at first, Chaewon. How cruel these kids were. Because I was half Japanese, they called me names and listed me as a traitor. I was a child! If Jungeun and the others never appeared in my life, I would never have made it till this day. Only because they protected me was I finally able to break apart from my miserable and pathetic self. I worked harder than others. I studied. I played sports. I won awards. I even made it into the top university in Korea. All because I wanted to prove myself to those people. But it was never enough" 

At that point, Hana's voice had cracked. Chaewon quickly pulled Hana into a tight hug. The life her sister had to go through was terrible. It was something no child should ever have to endure. 

"I lost my mother and I had to pretend like I was fine. All I wanted was to die there and then. I met a girl who I thought would finally save me from all the darkness just for her to throw me back into the same pit that she found me. All for what? The sake of her family. Because I was never good enough in the eyes of her family" 

Hana had found out from Hyunjin the day she left the hospital. While she was inside the car,she was surprised by the notification popping out on her phone. Hyunjin had sent her a text. That Heejin had been forced by her mother to end their relationship. After finding that out, Hana couldn't help but feel betrayed. Was that all their relationship amounted to? Did Heejin not believe enough in their love? That their love was so much stronger than that. She didn't reply, leaving Hyunjin's message on seen. 

"Shh" Chaewon shushed her sobbing sister. 

"You aren't alone anymore. You have me. You have omma and harabeoji and halmeoni. You have the power of the Parks now. That power is enough to get revenge on everyone who did you wrong. So unleash it. Go wild! Go crazy! I will be there to support you" 

Hana's sobs turned to giggles. Her sister's encouragement seemed so genuine. 

"Thanks, Chaewon" Hana mumbled against Chaewon's shoulder.

Hana pulled away from Chaewon, wiping the tears off her face with the back of her hand. 

"The weather is chilly. It's not good for your body, Chaewon. Maybe we should head inside now"

Chaewon nodded. 

"At the very least, you never chased me in. Unlike the butler and maids who freak out the second they see me outside" 

Hana smiled as she placed her hand above Chaewon's smaller ones. 

"I won't be like them. I won't stop or restrict you from doing anything. In fact, I'll support you. But if it really comes down to your health, I'll be the first to save you" 

Chaewon was touched. Nobody had ever told her that before. She had always been stopped from doing anything she liked because of her health. It was always her health that came first. 

"I've never really had someone say that before. I guess this is what it feels like to have an older sister" Chaewon chuckled airily.

"Well, best get used to it, kiddo! I won't be leaving anytime soon" Hana joked "Come on, I'll make you a glass of cocoa". 

Chaewon immediately brightened up as she hopped off the ledge and followed behind Hana back into the house. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungeun woke up from the continuous vibrations from her phone. She groaned in response. She saw that it was 11 am in the morning. She remembered that she had no class today hence opting to stay up all night watching dramas on her laptop. She saw that the group chat with Haseul, Vivi, Sooyoung and Jiwoo blowing up. Her eyes widened. 

108 messages. These es are crazy! Lip cursed in her head. 

She clicked onto the group chats and scrolled through the messages mindlessly. Her eyes barely opened until one particular link caught her eye. 

Global Conglomerate, Park Group announces unknown heiress. 

Above the title was a picture of Hana. She hurriedly clicked onto the link, fearing that she had seen wrongly but it was true. She scrolled down the article. 

In a shocking global scandal, Park Group, one of the world's leading and top conglomerates has announced the heiress to the global group. Park Hana. An unknown and never before seen or heard girl. Park Group representatives have released an official statement. 'Miss Hana is the daughter of President Park from her previous marriage. She has been protected and shielded from the public's eye in order for her to live and grow up normally. As she has reached a mature age, Chairman Park Jinyoung has agreed to showcase her to the world. The first step in her long and arduos path as the heiress to a multibillon dollar conglomerate' 

The Park Group representative has also stated that she is currently in her final year at the prestigious BBC university. Once she graduates, she will immediately begin her work officially as the Chief Director of Park Group. The world is still very much curious about the identity of the new Park heiress. Many speculations have been made but Park Group has stated that they have already told their side of the story leaving many unsatisfied with the answer given. Who is Park Hana? How did she become the Princess of one of the largest empires in the world? 

Jungeun dropped her phone. The phone landing with a soft thud by her feet. She couldn't believe her eyes. How? When? The girl had been missing for a month. Then out of nowhere, she's suddenly an heiress. Was Hana lying all along? Impossible! Hana wouldn't lie. Not to her. She was Hana's best friend. They told each other everything. But now, Jungeun was beginning to doubt everything. 

Who are you, Hana? 

 


I'm BACK!!!! Finally, i'm having my sem break now from university. It's been a really hectic few months so if you've already forgotten this story, i don't blame you. Now that i'm back, i'll try my best to update my stories. Also do comment what you think. I need to know whether you like the story hehe. That's all from me, H.