Devious plans

When she was mine

Jeon Heejin walked into school, thinking it was going to be a normal boring day as usual. Her feet stopping in front of a bench, shaded by a large tree. She smiled sadly, remembering that it was Hana and her special spot. 1 month. Hana had been gone for a whole month, disappearing, almost like she never existed in the first place until the news yesterday. She remembered dropping her phone in shock. Hana was the heiress to one of the largest conglomerates in the world. She was numb, not knowing what to say or even do. Did her mother know? No, she wouldn't have known. If not, they wouldn't have broken up. 

She continued walking towards the tree behind the bench, her hand moving to trace the little mark that she made, cliche but she really was utterly in love with Hana. A small heart with their initials inside. She could hear the vague sound of Hana's soft laughs in the back of her head, like she was here. As she was lost in her thoughts of the past, loud chatters from the passing students distracted her. She turned to look at them, her ears trying to tune them out until she heard Hana's name. 

"Yah! Did you see Hana sunbae? She looks like a completely different person" 

"Yeah! Who would have known that she was the heiress to Park Group! I guess wealth does change a person's status. She looked a lot colder too" 

"Did you see the blonde beside her? Park Chaewon. The only known Park till Hana sunbae was revealed. I wonder what the two of them are doing here together"

Hana was here? Park Chaewon? Heejin thought to herself, her mind trying to process what she just heard. 

She walked over to the two students, shocking them as they gasped at the sight of Heejin standing in front of them. 

"What did your words mean?" Heejin asked, hoping they would hurry and answer her. 

However, the two were in awe that THE Jeon Heejin was talking to them. She didn't have time for admiration as she was desperate for answers. 

"Is Hana back?" Heejin asked. 

The girls nodded, pointing to the direction that they just came from. 

"We just saw her arriving in a Rolls with Park Chaewon. They walked into the administration block" one of the girls said. 

Heejin thanked them before running towards the administration block. By the time she reached, she was panting heavily. She was shocked when she saw Hana appearing from the administration block with a blonde haired girl, surrounded by guards. Hana! She's really here. Heejin ran, standing in front of the guards, blocking them from moving forward. They made eye contact, Heejin's longing brown orbs against Hana's cold ones. Heejin watched the girl sigh. Just as she was about to speak, Hana interrupted her. 

"Move. We have nothing more to talk about" 

Hana's words were cold, harsh but nothing Heejin thought she didn't deserve. She then watched as Hana, Chaewon and the team of guards walked past her. She turned, watching Hana's entourage leave the school compound. She was hurt, her tears welled up but she blinked it away. She knew better than to cry in public. Her pain soon turned to anger. She stomped away, heading back to her car as she started the engine. She stepped on the accelerator, zooming out of the compound onto the main road.

She arrived in front of a glass building located in the middle of the city centre. She shut the door with a bang, shocking the people around her. Ignoring the stares she got, she walked into the building. The guards recognised her, allowing her to past as she took the elevator up to the 50th floor where she knew her mother would be. As soon as the elevator doors opened, she hurried out, walking down the office space like she owned it. The staffs working on that floor were shocked to see Heejin. 

They bowed, staring at Heejin with curious eyes knowing that Heejin rarely steps foot into the company. She walks past her secretary's desk, the poor woman jumping out of her chair to block Heejin. 

"Move, Yoon biso" Heejin ordered. 

"Forgive me, young miss. Madam is busy...." 

Heejin didn't allow the woman to speak further, raising her hand to stop her. 

"Do I look like I care right now? I won't say this again, Yoon biso. Move" Heejin said darkly. 

Yoon biso shuddered at Heejin's tone as she immediately stepped away, bowing as Heejin pushed the door into her mom's office open with a large force. Heejin walked in followed by Yoon biso. Her mother simply looked up before continuing on with her paperwork. 

"I'm sorry, Madam but young miss Heejin insisted on coming in" Yoon biso said, her tone scared. 

"It's fine. You may leave now, Yoon biso" Madam Jeon spoke. 

Yoon biso bowed, leaving the mother and daughter alone inside the room. 

"What is it, Heejin? Don't you know that you and I, both have reputations to keep? You could at least walked in with grace" her mother chided. 

Heejin scoffed in disbelief, unable to comprehend her mother's words. 

"Do you think I care for that right now!" Heejin seethed with anger. 

"What exactly did you come here for then?" her mother asked. 

Her eyes moving to look at her daughter "Certainly it's not here to see me".

Heejin took out her phone, unlocking it before throwing it onto the table. Madam Jeon picked up the discarded phone, staring at it before placing it back onto the table with thud. 

"I'm sure you must know this by now. Heck! The whole world knows this. The girl that you so desperately wanted me to break up with, that you threatened to hurt turns out to be the heiress to Asia's largest fortune! But I guess that's karma" Heejin said angrily. 

"Then, you can woo her back" her mother said, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. 

"HOW! You are as selfish and materialistic as it can be. I should have never listened to you in the first place. I should have protected the one I love and now, she won't even look at me without hate in her eyes" Heejin said, with every word she could feel herself getting angrier, not only towards herself but towards her mother. 

She glared at her mother, her eyes filled with resentment. 

"I hope you're happy ruining your daughter's life. It's what you do anyways" Heejin ran a hand through her hair, pushing back her hair "I'm moving out of the manor. Don't worry about the expenses. I'll ask dad for it". 

After that, Heejin grabbed her phone off the table, stomping out of her mother's office. Yoon biso standing up, bowing when she saw Heejin pass her desk. She sighed in relief, her heart racing. Shaking her head, she tried to calm her erratic heart. Meanwhile, inside So Insuk's office, she was distracted. Minatozaki Hana turned out to be a Park. Never in her lifetime would she imagine that to happen. 

Flashback (3 years ago) 

Madam Jeon arrived at Hanshin hospital. The driver moving fast to open the door for her as she stepped out. She smoothed her clothes, walking into the hospital as she made her way to the elevator, taking it to the 4th floor. As the elevator doors open, she stepped out into the hallway. The hospital floor was surprisingly quiet. Her heels clacking against the surface of the floor as she made her way down the hallway, stopping in front of a hospital door. Checking the room number, ensuring that she had the right room, she slid open the door. She could hear the loud beeping of the machines, the stench of anaesthetics filled her nose. She grimaced, her hand moved up to cover her nose. 

She stepped closer towards the bed, coming face to face with a pale, sickly looking Minatozaki Sana. She took a seat beside the sick woman. 

"I see you look quite pale, Madam Minatozaki" Madam Jeon said. 

"Yes, my condition seems to be deteriorating. What brings you over?" Sana asked. 

"It seems your daughter has gotten ahead of herself. She is hanging around my daughter way too much, not knowing her place. I would hope that your words would bring her out of her fantasy that she will end up with my daughter because that is clearly not going to happen" Madam Jeon said. 

"Madam Jeon..." Sana started. 

"I'm not done yet. Your daughter clearly is not within the higher class. If she continues to hang around my daughter, she will only bring my daughter down with her. As a parent, I'm sure you would understand that I cannot allow such thing to happen. So, I would like it if you can talk her into leaving my daughter. Of course, she will be rewarded. Perhaps, a full scholarship to a Ivy league school overseas. All expense paid. Even your hospital fee will be handled as well. All I'm asking is for your daughter to leave my daughter. Surely, she will listen to you" Madam Jeon was so into her words that she didn't notice Sana holding her chest, wincing in pain. 

"...Please" Sana said in a strained voice. 

Thinking that she was pleading on her daughter's behalf, the self absorbed woman continued speaking. 

"Think about your daughter's future. Wouldn't you like it if she was successful! If I was to take away her scholarship now, she would be left with absolutely nothing" Madam Jeon said. 

Just then, Sana coughed out blood, shocking Madam Jeon who gasped. Sana fell back onto the bed, convulsing, her hand reaching out to Madam Jeon for help. Madam Jeon shook Sana's hand off, grabbing her bag as she ran out of the hospital room frantically. She watched in shock as doctors and nurses rushed into the same hospital room that she had ran out of. She walked away, hiding her face as she quickly headed down to the lobby. Her driver was on standby, opening the door when he saw her. She hurriedly got in, telling the driver to step on it. 

She sighed deeply, feeling relief as they got further and further away from the hospital. Her mind repeating the same words. It's not my fault. 

End

Madam Jeon shook her head. It's not my fault. She was already dying. I couldn't have done anything to help. It's not. She clicked her mouse, pulling up the news article about Park Group's statement on Hana. 

"Eventually, Heejin. You will understand that everything I do, I do for you. Including Minatozaki Hana. You wanted her, so I will give her to you"