Close calls (Edited)

When she was mine

3 hours had passed. The red emergency light had finally turned dark. The automatic doors opened as the team of doctors and nurses came out. Jungeunjumped up from the bench and went towards the doctors. 

"How is she? Is she okay? Is she safe?" Jungeun questioned in one breath. 

The doctor took off his surgical mask and offered Jungeun a small smile. 

"She is safe for now. Had you been a minute later, her chances of surviving would have been close to none. The amount of Ambien she took was deadly. We managed to pump out most of the meds out of her system but she needs absolute rest. She must not be stressed once she wakes up. Her body is still frail from the overdose so she must stay until we are sure that she is out of danger," the doctor said. 

"I understand. Thank you so much, doctor. Can I see her?" Jungeun asked. 

"She is being moved to a private ward. We still need to monitor her condition and run a couple of tests," the doctor said. 

Jungeun nodded as she bowed. The doctor then left as Jungeun made her way up to the private ward. 

She pulled open the door gently and walked in. The beeping of the machines was all Jungeun could hear as she walked closer to Hana's bed. The said girl was hooked to the machines and had an oxygen mask strapped over her face. Jungeun sat beside Hana and held Hana's cold hand. 

"I don't know if you can hear me but I'm assuming you can. How can you be so dumb! She is not worth losing your life for. I can't lose you, Hana. So...."

Jungeun paused as she stared at Hana's face. 

"Please wake up, Hana," Jungeun said softly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Heejin was off drinking in Club EDEN. Her mind replayed the shattered look on Hana's face. Over and over again. She had lost count on the number of drinks she had. She told the bartender to keep her tab open knowing that she wouldn't be stopping anytime soon. Just as she was about to finish another round, she was stopped. She shrugged the hand off. But she was stopped once again. 

"Leave me the alone!" Heejin hissed in anger.

She turned to the side and saw a concerned Hyunjin.

"That's enough, Heejin. You're going to destroy your body at the rate you're going" Hyunjin said. 

"What do you care!" Heejin retorted back. 

Heejin tried to walk but fell onto Hyunjin instead. Hyunjin's eyes widened in shock. She could feel her heart beating rapidly as Heejin wrapped her arms around her neck. The smell of Heejin's perfume mixed with the alcohol was more intoxicating than anything than Hyunjin had ever smelled. She paid the bartender and helped Heejin out of the club. 

She heard Heejin mumbling something. She stretched her ears out as she frowned. 

"I'm sorry, Hana. I never meant to hurt you" 

Hyunjin took a deep breath. Inhaling the cold autumn air as she made her way towards the car with a very much intoxicated Heejin. She placed Heejin in the passenger seat and strapped the seatbelt onto Heejin. She closed the door and walked over to the driver's side as she got in. The engine of the Maclaren 570s roared alive at the press of a button. 

Image result for yellow mclaren 570s

Hyunjin turned to look at Heejin who was fast asleep. Soft snores coming from the bunny looking girl. 

Even if your heart isn't mine, at least I have you now. 

Hyunjin drove back to the university as she carried Heejin back to her room. Heejin's roommate, Yerim had appeared at the door rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She allowed Hyunjin into the room as Hyunjin placed Heejin softly onto the bed and tucked her in. She thanked Yerim who gave her a subtle nod before shutting the door. Hyunjin sighed at the eventful day. She walked back to her own dorm room where her roommate, Hyejoo was still awake typing furiously on her keyboard playing LOL. (League of Legends. Just in case :) ) 

Hyejoo noticed Hyunjin walking in with a tired look on her face. She took off her headphones and placed it on the table. 

"Rough night?" 

Hyunjin nodded and said "Yeah". 

"I heard about Heejin and Hana. Please don't tell me you had something to do with that" Hyejoo said with a questioning tone. 

"I don't. I couldn't even if I wanted too" Hyunjin said tiredly. 

Hyejoo looked at her roommate with pity. She knew all about Hyunjin's unrequited love for Heejin. It didn't help that Hyunjin was torturing herself with the hope that Heejin would someday be hers. 

"Hyunjin. I know you don't want to hear this" Hyejoo said. 

"So, don't say it" Hyunjin cut Hyejoo off harshly.

Hyejoo frowned. 

"I'm saying this because I care, Hyunjin. Let Heejin go. It's the only way you will be able to move on. She isn't the only fish in the pond" Hyejoo said. 

"She is. To me" Hyunjin replied. 

"Don't you get it! She will never look at you past a friend. What you are hoping for isn't going to happen, Hyunjin. It's time to wake up! Jeon Heejin will only love Hana alone" Hyejoo spat out angrily. 

"So, why did they break up then?" Hyunjin asked.

Hyejoo went silent. After a moment of silence, she finally spoke again. 

"I've seen the look in Heejin's eyes when she looks at Hana. She looks at Hana as if she's the only one. Like she's Heejin's world. I know that look because that's how I am when I see Yerim. Yerim is my everything and my world. They may have broken up but Heejin is most definitely not over Hana"

Hyunjin couldn't deny the truth in Hyejoo's words. Deep down, she knew it was true. 

"Go to sleep, Hyunjin. I'm sure you will need it" Hyejoo said before returning to her monitor. 

Hyunjin didn't bother to change as she laid awake in bed. Her mind cluttered with thoughts of Heejin and Hyejoo's words ringing in her ears. 

I don't know what I'm suppose to do. How do I be around you and pretend not to be in love with you. Tell me, Jeon Heejin. How do I get you out of my heart? 

...

....

......

........

Before I break myself any further trying to get to you.