Promise me?

When she was mine

Her mom had arranged for the Rolls Royce to take her back to the university. As they were approaching the junction where her school was, she told the driver to stop a few blocks from the university. The driver insisted on driving her to the front of the gates but Hana turned him down. She didn't want to risk getting seen by anyone. After all, news spreads like wildfire through their university. The driver agrees reluctantly as he pulls over by the side of the road. Hana thanks the driver and got out of the car before walking down the street towards her university. 

The distance to the university wasn't far. Hana arrived soon as she waved at the guard before heading into the compound. She headed towards the dorms. As she was about to open the door into her room, she felt someone grabbing her hand. Hana turned to the back and saw a frowning Jungeun. 

"Hey, Jungie!" 

"Don't hey, Jungie me. Where have you been all day? I was on my way to pick you up from the hospital when you suddenly sent me a text stating you were going out of town for a few days and to not find you" 

Jungeun was visibly upset as she crossed her arms. 

"Sorry. I just wanted to be alone for a while. I had already troubled you enough so I sent that text hoping you would just stay home and sleep" Hana lied through her teeth. 

Jungeun's frown didn't cease. 

"Your body is still weak, Hana. I'm worried you know" Jungeun said with a motherly tone. 

Hana nodded, a small smile evident on her face. 

"I know. I'm sorry, Jungie but I'm fine. Really!" 

"Where did you go?" Jungeun asked.

"Around. Here and there" Hana lied. 

"Jungie" Hana called out. 

The said girl hummed. 

"Can you promise me something?" Hana asked with a heavy tone. 

Jungeun was worried as she nodded. 

"Anything" 

"Promise that no matter what, you will trust me. You will believe me that whatever I do, I will never harm anyone without a reason" Hana said. 

Jungeun looked at Hana, confused as to what the girl was saying. 

"Hana, I don't understand. What are you trying to tell me?"

Hana placed her hand on top of Lip's shoulders and leaned down so they were the same height. Hana was looking into Jungeun's eyes which made Jungeun blush as she tried to look away. 

"Wh.....What..Are..you doing?" Jungeun stuttered as she looked anywhere but the front. 

"Just promise me, Jungie" 

Hana's voice dropped into a lower, deeper tone.

Jungeun slowly nodded her head. She felt Hana remove her hand and step back, straightening her back as she stood in all her 5'5 glory. 

"Good. It's getting late, Jungie. Go on back to your room. I'm sure you haven't slept well since you've been taking care of me in the hospital" Hana said as she slowly pushed Jungeun towards the direction of her room. 

Jungeun turned reluctantly. She was about to leave when she heard Hana call out to her. 

"Jungie" 

Jungeun halted and turned to the back to see a smiling Hana. The corners of Hana's lips were turned up but her eyes said a different story. Jungeun would know. Jungeun had studied the girl since they first met. Hana's eyes expressed a kind of longing and a sense of sadness. 

"I'll miss you. Don't worry, I will repay you for all you've done for me" 

Jungeun didn't take Hana's words too deeply as she ignored the weird feeling that she had in her gut. She nodded and waved, leaving soon after. However, she missed Hana's downcasted expression. Hana walked back into her room as she looked around the room that she had been staying in for 3 years. Her polaroids and pictures adorned the wall. The fairy lights hanging above her bed and table litted her dark room, giving it an aesthetic feel. She was going to miss this room but life moves on. She walked closer to her table, picking up the photo frame of her and her mother. She held it close to her heart. 

"I promise you, okaa-san. I will take my revenge on those who've hurt and look down upon us. I will show you that your daughter will be the most powerful person in the whole nation so you don't have to worry about me anymore" 

Hana smiled as she looked out her window. She always loved how the stars brightened the dark skies and the moon shoned brightly amongst the clouds. 

"I have a younger sister now. A family that I have always longed for. Though I may not fully forgive mom but I know you wouldn't want me to blame her. I wish you were here, okaa-san. But I know you will always watch over me because I am your little moon. Okaa-san, anata ga inakute sabishii desu (Mother, I miss you)" 

Hana then changed out of her clothes into pajamas. She slid into bed and fell asleep relatively fast. It was after all her last night in her dorm room. After tonight, she will transform into someone better. More powerful. Different. Because it was the only way she would be able to protect herself. The only way for her to obtain her ultimate goal. Revenge.