Twin Stars

When she was mine

After the shocking news yesterday, Jungeun didn't leave her room. She just sat in her bed all day staring at photo albums filled with pictures of her and Hana. She had known Hana since they were young. 10 years. She loved Hana for half of that time but Hana only treated her like a friend. She stared at the picture of them at Jungeun's house. It was Chuseok and Jungeun's mom had invited Hana over. They spent the day making songpyeon. The thought of that day brought a warm smile to Jungeun's face. They were so happy. Where did it go wrong? Was it the day Hana fell for Jeon Heejin? Or was it long before then? 

A series of heavy knocks shocked Jungeun. 

"KIM JUNGEUN! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! GET OUT HERE!" 

The loud voice belonged to the one and only, Kim Jiwoo. Jungeun reluctantly left her bed and moved to open the door. When she opened the door, she saw Sooyoung standing beside a fuming Jiwoo. 

"Hey" Jungeun greeted weakly.

She saw Jiwoo softened up. 

"Can I come in?" Jiwoo asked softly. 

Jungeun nodded as she moved to let the couple in, closing the door after they were inside. Jiwoo scanned the room. It was unlike Jungeun, messy and books all over the place. Her Macbook perched on her bed. 

"Have you been camping in here since yesterday?" Sooyoung asked. 

Jungeun hummed "I didn't feel like attending class so I just stayed in" 

"Are you sure it's not because of Hana?" Jiwoo asked.

The question caused Jungeun to turn away, not wanting to make any eye contact with Jiwoo or Sooyoung. 

"It is. Isn't it? Jungie" Jiwoo seem to hesitate when Jungeun looked at her with glossy eyes. 

"I'm sure Hana had her reasons for keeping this from us" Sooyoung intervened knowing Jiwoo couldn't continue. 

Jungeun turned away, her attention now on the other students walking outside.

Jiwoo and Sooyoung exchanged glances, Sooyoung slowly nodding as if she could read Jiwoo's mind. Jiwoo sat beside Jungeun, her hands reached out to pull Jungeun's into her own. 

"Jungie. I may not understand what you and Hana have, but I know this. Hana would never do something without thinking it through. So, all we can do now is trust that she will tell us when she's ready" Jiwoo says. 

Jungeun took a while before nodding eventually. Jiwoo smiled. 

"Come on! Let's go out. This place is starting to become stuffy. Go shower, you stink!" Jiwoo barked orders and Jungeun, pushing her into the bathroom leaving the girl with no room to argue. 

Once Jungeun was done showering, she changed into something decent. When she came out of the bathroom, she saw Jiwoo trying her best to clean Jungeun's room with Sooyoung's help. Sooyoung simply following Jiwoo's orders. Whipped Jungeun thought to herself, chuckling. 

"Oh! Jungie. You're finally done! Took you long enough" Jiwoo said when she noticed Jungeun standing by the door. 

"Let's get some food into your system. I'm sure you didn't eat at all since yesterday" Jiwoo said as she linked arms with Jungeun. 

She then walked over to do the same with Sooyoung. They then left the room and headed out of the dorms. As they were about to reach the cafeteria, they saw people gathering at the front of the school entrance. It was a huge commotion. Jungeun strained her neck to see what was going on. 

"What's going on?" Jiwoo questioned. 

Sooyoung walked over with Jiwoo and Jungeun following from behind as they tried to move past the huge crowd that was forming. They were finally at the front of the line. What they saw shocked them.

Hana was back. Her dark hair was now rose gold, her hair shone in the morning sun. A petite blonde girl appeared from the car and stood beside her. As they began to walk, a horde of bodyguards moved to surround them, stopping anyone who attempted to move closer. Jungeun, Sooyoung and Jiwoo were momentarily stunned as they stood there without a word. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hana tossed and turned all night. She found herself unable to fall asleep, the nerves kicking in. She stared in the mirror, her chosen outfit for the day was a beige Chanel tweed dress and knee high Balenciaga boots. Her hand moving to fiddle with her newly dyed hair, rose gold. She had brought Chaewon along with her to the salon and the younger girl helped her to choose the colour. She was pretty happy with the outcome. It was very different from her original hair colour.  A knock on the door drew her attention from the mirror as she walked out into the main area. She saw the maid bow in her presence. 

"My apologies, young miss but your grandmother wanted you down for breakfast" 

"I understand. I'll be down in a minute" Hana replied with a smile. 

The maid nodded, bowing once more before leaving the room. She returned to the mirror, taking one last look before grabbing her clutch. She then headed out of her room towards the dining room. Her grandparents, her mother and her sister was already seated. She smiled sheepishly before taking a seat beside her grandmother. 

"Sorry for coming down late" Hana apologised.

"It's quite alright. Today is a very important day" her grandfather spoke. 

"It is. Are you ready, Hana?" her mother asked, concern plastered across her face. 

Hana however looked determined. 

"I've been preparing for this day for a whole month" Hana said, her tone unwavering. 

Her words brought smiles to the elders face. 

"Good. I'm very proud of you, Hana. How about you, Chaewon? How do you feel going to school?" her grandfather directed the question towards Chaewon. 

The blonde seemed fidgety. 

"Nervous, I guess but with Hana unnie. I'm sure I'll be fine" Chaewon said, her eyes moving to meet Hana's. 

A smile appearing on Hana's face as she looked at Chaewon. She nodded slowly as if to reassure Chaewon that she would always have Hana's support. Jihyo smiled, her eyes glossy. Her family was finally complete, she had no regrets anymore. After the family finished breakfast, Jihyo wished her daughters good luck before leaving for work with Hana's grandfather. The Rolls Royce Phantom was parked in the front, the driver standing in front of the car waiting for them. She saw two range rovers as well, one parked in the front of the Rolls and another behind.

She turned to her grandmother "Is the entourage necessary?"

"Don't ask me, child. Your mother and grandfather arranged for them. It's for your own safety anyways" her grandmother answered. 

Hana sighed as she looked at her sister, the younger girl mirroring her expression. They bid their grandmother goodbye. A male in his early 30s stood by the car, his well-tailored suit matched his lean body. His posture exuded a certain professional air. Once he saw Hana and Chaewon walking down the steps, he bowed.

"Good morning, Miss Hana. Miss Chaewon" he greeted with a bow.

"Morning, Nam biso" Hana greeted while Chaewon simply bowed.

Nam Joohyuk. Hana's personal secretary. He was appointed by Jihyo to work with Hana, teaching her the ropes of the company and everything that had to be done as an heiress. He rushed to open the car door for them. Chaewon went in first followed by Hana. He closed the door softly before heading into the passenger seat. 

"Let's go" Hana ordered. 

The driver started the car, heading out of the driveway as the two range rovers followed. Chaewon was nervous. No doubt about that. Chaewon felt a warm hand over hers. Hana seemed to notice Chaewon's nerves. 

"It's okay, Chae. I'm here, remember. As long as I'm with you, everything will be fine" Hana said. 

Chaewon nodded. 

Hana could see the entrance of the school, her heart was beating fast. It was her first time in a month stepping into school. She knew that once the news of her being the heiress was released, everything was going to be different. From the way people stared at her to the way people treated her. How about her friends? Sooyoung, Jiwoo, Haseul and even Vivi. Most importantly, what is Lip going to think? She had left without telling Lip, ghosting her for a month. Would Lip hate her? 

Hana didn't have time to think anymore when her secretary announced that they had arrived. Taking one last look at each other for reassurance, the two sisters took a deep breath. Secretary Nam moving to open the door for them. Hana was first to step out of the car, her gaze moved lazily to scan the crowds. She moved aside to let Chaewon out of the car, the younger girl stood by her side. Secretary Nam moved closer to Hana, leaning down to whisper. 

"Remember what I said, young miss. Poised, cold and elegant" 

He then moved away to stand slightly behind Hana. She heard the vague sounds of doors closing which meant that the bodyguards were already out of the cars. Hana ignored the obvious gossips and whispers about her, walking through the crowds with Chaewon without a word. The bodyguards moved immediately in a circle to allow them room to walk. The aura she exuded was unlike her old self, it was much more regal, fitting for the next heiress of a world empire. Her little sister looked no less of a princess in her eden green dress. The two of them garnered attention from the whole school. Unbeknownst that someone was watching her, Hana continued walking as they made their way to the dean's office.