I'm simply a Park

When she was mine

After walking up 3 flights of stairs and through hordes of curious students, they finally arrived outside the doors of the dean's office. Joohyuk turned towards Hana, her face indifferent as she gave a mere nod of approval. He knocked and opened the door allowing Hana and Chaewon to enter as the bodyguards stood outside, guarding the hallway. Joohyuk followed behind them, shutting the door as he stood behind Hana and Chaewon. The dean alarmed at their presence had immediately jump out of his chair and made his way towards Hana. He bowed deeply. His eyes daring to look up however Hana's eyes were dark and calculative, scaring him as his gaze returned to the floor. 

"Miss Minatozaki...Urh Miss Park? Forgive me, I am unsure of what to call you" the old dean said, he hesitated in fear of angering Hana. 

Hana walked over to the couch with Chaewon, taking a seat as Joohyuk moved with them, taking his position by Hana's side. 

"Hana would do"

Hana crossed her legs, her hand moving to tell the dean to sit. He understood as he hurried over to the chair opposite Hana, sitting as politely as he could.  

"Of course, Miss Hana. If you had informed me sooner, I would have gone out to greet you myself" 

Hana was visibly unimpressed. 

"That would be unnecessary" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Hana and the blonde girl had disappeared into the building, Jungeun finally snapped out of it. 

"Was that Hana? Soo, I didn't see wrongly. Right?" Jiwoo asked Sooyoung, her face in complete disbelief at the scene that just unfolded. 

Sooyoung on the other hand was pretty calm. 

"It was Hana. There is absolutely no doubt. Her hair might have changed but I could still see the faint scar on her forehead. I remember it because I caused it when we were fooling around. I pushed her and she hit the metal gates, wounding her head and it caused that small scar" Sooyoung said.

"So, it's true then. Hana is an heiress! Not just any heiress BUT the heiress of the PARK" Jiwoo said loudly. 

Jungeun took off into the direction that Hana had gone, ignoring Sooyoung and Jiwoo's calls. She needed to find Hana. She needed to hear from Hana herself. What was all this? All the questions that she had been asking herself for the past 20 hours. She ran around the school block, searching each floor. When she reached the top floor, she finally spotted the army of bodyguards surrounding the rose gold haired girl and the blonde girl. She watched as they prepared to leave. She couldn't allow Hana to leave. 

"HANA. HANA. HANA" 

She called out hoping that Hana heard her. She saw Hana pause and turn to the back. Her eyes meeting Hana's surprised ones. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what brings you to BBC University? I was informed of your 1 month long absence" the dean mentioned. 

"I am here to enroll my younger sister into university on my mother's behalf" Hana spoke.

The dean's eyes darted over to the blonde sitting silently beside Hana. Hana's voice brought the dean's attention back to her. 

"Well" 

The dean snapped his head to meet Hana's cold expression. 

"O...Of course. I would need her transcripts and her previous documentations...."

He was cut off by Hana's secretary placing a thick file in front of him. He picked up the file, flipping through it. 

"As you can see, my sister's grades exceed the normal standards. My sister as a part of the Park bloodline has been educated by some of the world's finest. All the documents required is already inside the file so I trust there will be no issues" Hana said, her voice filled with pride. 

"Y..yes, that is true" the dean stuttered with each word. 

"As I far as I'm aware, school for business students starts next week but the date to register has long passed. Surely as the dean, you can make an exception for my sister" Hana continued. 

"Yes, of course. I'll have the lecturers know" the dean agreed immediately. 

Hana scoffed on the inside. So, this is what it means to be powerful. Her grandfather was right. No wonder those with power liked to exert it onto the weak. If you had power, everyone would bow at your feet to survive. Hana felt a tug on her left sleeve. She turned her head over to see Chaewon's puppy eyes staring right into her own. She knew Chaewon was bored by the way she was fidgeting since they first entered the dean's office. 

Hana held her hand out to Joohyuk, the man understanding immediately as he pulled out a Nintendo Switch from his bag and placed it into Hana's hand. Hana then handed it over to Chaewon who took it excitedly. The dean looked at them in disbelief but one look from Hana made him cower away in fear. Hana clenched her teeth. She hated it when people stared at her sister like she was abnormal. Chaewon was shy and she rarely leaves the house so Hana made it her duty to protect Chaewon wherever they went. 

"Nam Biso" Hana called out, her voice cold and authorative. 

She allowed her secretary to take over while she concentrated on Chaewon. The blonde was now concentrating on playing Mario Kart. 

"Dean Yoon" Joohyuk said, the dean's head snapping to look at Joohyuk.

"My name is Nam Joohyuk, Miss Hana's secretary. I will be explaining about Miss Hana's schedules. As per her requirement to graduate, Miss Hana has another 3 months left in school. However, due to her appointment as the new Chief Director of Park Group, she will not have the time to attend any more lessons hence she will only be able to attend her final examinations" Joohyuk explained. 

"I understand. I will also inform the lecturers on this matter" the dean replied, he then hesitated for a while before speaking again.

"Is there anything more that you would like to add?" 

Joohyuk placed a document in front of the dean as he looked at Hana, confused. 

"This is a confidentiality agreement. Nothing that you've seen or heard today must be released. Not. Even. An. Ounce" Hana's tone was serious and commanding. 

Her next words left the dean shaking from head to toe with how sinister it sounded. 

"Or there will be horrible reprecussions that I'm not sure you would like to know. Especially when you go against a member of the Park"

"I assure you my lips are...."

The dean's words were cut off by Hana who spoke. 

"You must understand that I don't have the luxury of trusting you" 

The dean unable to refute anymore, sighed as he picked up a pen and signed. Joohyuk took the document from Dean Yoon's hands and showed it to Hana. Hana nodded as Joohyuk kept the document in his bag. 

"Chaewon-ah" Hana called the younger girl softly. 

The girl looks up at Hana sadly. Hana saw that the girl came in second in the race. Hana smiled guiltily. 

"I promise I'll give it back later" Hana said. 

Chaewon handed the Nintendo back reluctantly. Hana took it, smiling at her sister before handing it to Joohyuk. He retrived it and placed it inside his bag. 

"Well, I believe that's all for our business today. I'm glad we came to quite an agreement, Dean Yoon" Hana spoke, standing up. 

Her face displayed a half-hearted smile. She gave a small bow before turning away. 

"Come Chaewon. Let's go!" 

The three of them then left the room, the dean falling back against the chair in relief. He could finally breathe right after Hana left. Throughout his 58 years of living, he had never encoutered such a scary aura before. Just one look from the young girl and he was paralyzed. He shuddered at the thought. Meanwhile, as soon as Hana and Chaewon stepped out of the dean's office, the guards moved to surround them again. They were about to leave when Hana heard someone screaming her name. 

"HANA. HANA. HANA" 

Hana turned to the back, her eyes widening when she saw a familiar blonde running at full throttle towards her. The bodyguards however moved to block her. 

"Wait" Hana said, the bodyguards immediately stopped when they heard her.  

Jungeun tried to get closer, the bodyguards looking at Hana for further instructions. 

"It's okay. Let her through" Hana said. 

The bodyguards moved and allowed Lip through. 

"Hana" Jungeun called out, her voice in disbelief. 

Jungeun thought she was hallucinating when she saw Hana but she was wrong. The girl smiled like she always did, the smile that never failed to make Jungeun's heart leap. 

"Long time no see, Jungie" 

Jungeun swore she nearly fainted at Hana's warm tone. Hana was back. She was really back. 

"What is going on?" 

Jungeun couldn't stop herself from asking. 

Hana's smile faltered. 

Jungeun watched as the man beside Hana leaned closer and whispered in her ear. Hana nodding as the two exchanged glances. Hana finally turned back to look at Jungeun, she offered a small smile. 

"I'm sorry, Jungie. I'll tell you more soon but for now, I need you to trust me" Hana said, her hand moved to pat Lip's head gently. 

She then moved away, leaving. Jungeun watched as Hana's figure grew smaller and smaller, gradually fading away as she got further from Jungeun. 

"Then, why don't I feel like I do?" 

Hana's heart was heavy. She remembered Jungeun's desperate look for answers but it wasn't the time or place. As she was about to reach the car, she was stopped once again when someone unexpected blocked her route. Jeon Heejin. Hana sighed deeply. 

"Move. We have nothing more to talk about" Hana said darkly. 

Not staying to hear Heejin's answer, she walked away. Joohyuk opened the car door as Hana and Chaewon got in. He closed the door and headed into the passenger seat. 

"Let's go" Hana instructed. 

The driver obeyed her commands and started the engine, departing immediately. Hana closed her eyes and laid her head against the leather seat. 

"Who were they?" 

Hana heard Chaewon ask. She opened her eyes, turning her head to see Joohyuk handing Chaewon her Nintendo. 

Hana sighed once more. She could feel an impending headache, her fingers moved to massage her temple. 

"The dark haired girl is my ex and the blonde is my best friend" Hana said tiredly. 

Though Chaewon didn't know who they were, she could feel the fatigue in her sister's voice when she mentioned them. Chaewon guessed they were the source of her sister's headaches with the way her sister was sighing. 

"Even I can feel the stress you're going through, unnie" Chaewon said. 

Hana didn't say anything further allowing the silence to engulf the car. Chaewon not wanting to push her sister to bring up past memories stayed silent and focused on her game. It was the start of Hana's new life. But there were more problems coming and Hana would need to become stronger or else no good would come out of digging up the past.