The Jins

When she was mine

:) Hi, this is your author, H. I'm back to give you this small chapter. I hope the pacing for this story is going alright and it's not to rush or confusing. I apologize if it is. For this chapter, we'll rewind the clock a little for some 2jin interaction. Hope you enjoy! Thank you for reading. Bye for now! 


kim on Twitter:

 

Heejin opens her phone and sees Yerim blowing up her phone with messages; the notifications beep without stopping. She furrows her brows and wonders whether Yerim was in trouble. She taps on the message box. 

Unread 23 messages 

Yerim: JEON HEEJIN!

Yerim: JEON HWIYEOL!

Yerim: OPEN YOUR MF MESSAGES, YOU OVERMUSCULAR BUNNY!?!

Yerim: *Link*

Yerim: *Link*

Yerim: ISTG! IF YOU DON'T OPEN YOUR PHONE THIS INSTANT!

Yerim: *Link*

Yerim: *Link*

Yerim: ILL THROW UR STUPID NARUTO FIGURINES INTO THE TRASH!!

Heejin gapes at the messages her roommate had sent her, knitting her brows further together; she did not bother to scroll up to the messages above believing it to be unnecessary. Yerim didn't need to insult her that badly nor were the threats made to her precious babies required. 

What made Yerim that anxious? 

She taps onto one of the many links that Yerim had sent to her; it brought her into a news website. She lets out a loud gasp when she sees the large bold title.

 

Jeon Industries heiress Jeon Heejin and Park Group's heiress, Park Hana seen together?

 

Heejin's gasp attracts Hyunjin's attention; the girl peers across the table and catches sight of Heejin's screen, her eyes widening in surprise. 

"This...How...It's impossible!?!" Heejin exclaims with shock. 

Heejin continues to scroll and sees pictures taken from various angles. One with a picture of her standing with Hana in the lobby to her blocking Hana's way and another of her grabbing hold of Hana's wrist. From the way it was taken, there was no doubt that it would lead to a bunch of misunderstandings. 

Oh, no! No, no, no!? This cannot be happening! Nobody knew of my plans to see Hana today!

"Hee--" The sound of Heejin's phone ringing interrupts Hyunjin. 

Heejin pales, losing all color in her face when she sees the caller ID flashing on the screen of her phone. She quickly swipes and answers the call with a frantic tone. 

Heejin: Hana!! I swear I didn't know. You have to believe me! 

She was telling the truth. Honest to god, she has no idea how reporters caught whiff of her visit to Park Group's headquarters. Heejin hears her ex-girlfriend scoff through the other side of the call. 

Hana: Believe you? A mistake I have made one too many times!

Hana: I swear if you had even an ounce of share in this bull, I'll destroy you!

Hana: Mark my words, Jeon Heejin!

Heejin winces at the volume attack, pulling the phone away from her ear as she tries to get a reply through. 

Heejin: H--

However, before Heejin could utter her reply, the call ends. Heejin deflates, the phone in her hand going slack as she drops it onto the table with a thud. She covers her face with both hands, groaning into them with frustration; her tears threatening to slide out as she does what she can to pull herself together. 

"Was that Hana?" Hyunjin asks the obvious. 

In her shock, Heejin forgets that she has company. She removes her hands from her face and sees Hyunjin's brown orbs staring at her with concern. Heejin doesn't answer but Hyunjin didn't need one anyways. Hyunjin stands from her seat, moving swiftly to Heejin's side and gently grips onto Heejin's wrist. 

Heejin tilts her head towards Hyunjin questioningly as she feels Hyunjin tugging her off the chair. Without another word, Hyunjin pulls Heejin away from the table as Heejin hurriedly swipes her phone off the table with her free hand; she follows behind Hyunjin, not by choice. She catches patrons of the shop with their phones out, snapping photos of them as she droops her head down, covering her face with her long hair. 

She hears the chimes of the bells, stepping out onto the brick pavement; she hears the sound of moving cars but her focus zeroes upon the soft skin wrapped around her wrist. 

Was Hyunjin's hand always this soft? Heejin wonders to herself. 

She finds the courage to look up, watching as Hyunjin walks in front of her fearlessly; her long black locks flows behind her in soft waves, her poker face appearing radiant under the shining sun rays as they speed across the brick pavement leaving Heejin utterly stunned. 

Was Hyunjin always this beautiful? Heejin thinks silently. 

She snickers in response to her own thoughts. Of course, Hyunjin was always beautiful. That was constant through the years they've known each other. Kim Hyunjin's goddess like beauty. She's just never taken the time to admire Hyunjin since her mind was always on Hana. 

into her own thoughts, Heejin doesn't realize that the two have been walking two blocks now as they make it to a public parking lot. Hyunjin uses her free hand to fish out her car keys from her jean pocket, pressing the button and hears the locks of her jaguar sedan clicking open. She opens the front passenger door for Heejin who appears a little dazed. 

"Heejin? Are you alright?" Hyunjin asks with slight concern. 

Heejin snaps out of it, her cheeks flushing pink as she immediately averts her eyes away from Hyunjin. Hyunjin's concern deepens; she wonders if the heat had finally caught up to Heejin. Maybe it was a bad idea to walk two blocks under the afternoon sun. She presses the back of her hand on Heejin's forehead, unaware of the effect as Heejin's light pink cheeks darkens to a rosy red. 

"W-What are you doing?" Heejin stutters out. 

"I'm checking if you have a fever. Your face is really red," Hyunjin answers. 

Heejin reaches up to take Hyunjin's hand, peeling it off her forehead. 

"I'm fine," Heejin utters with her hand holding Hyunjin's. 

It was Hyunjin's turn to blush as Heejin is quick to realize what she's done; they simultaneously release hold of each other, taking a step back. 

"Hop in. I'll drop you home," Hyunjin mutters shyly.

Heejin nods, sliding into the seat as Hyunjin shuts the door, rounding the front of the car. She silently berates herself for blushing before taking a large breath and entering the driver's seat. She refuses to make any eye-contact with Heejin and quietly starts the ignition, pulling out of the public lot. Halfway through the journey, Hyunjin realizes that she doesn't know where she's headed. She braces herself with another deep breath. 

"Uhm, where shall I drop you?" 

Hyunjin's question startles Heejin who fumbles. 

"Oh! I, uhm, haha--" 

"You can add the address to the GPS," Hyunjin cuts in.

"Right! I will," Heejin says, entering her address into the GPS. 

The sound of the navigator fills the car, seizing any conversation as they return to their awkward state. As they near the red light, Heejin decides to break the silence. 

"About earlier..." Heejin starts. "Thank you." 

"You don't need to thank me, Heejin. I did what any friend would do." 

"You still treat me as a friend?" Heejin question out of nowhere. 

Hyunjin turns her head over to Heejin and stares at her with raised brows. 

"Why wouldn't I?" Hyunjin retorts. 

"Well, I just figured after everything I've done, you would hate me," Heejin remarks. "I pratically caused your friendship with Hana to deteriorate because of my selfishness. I used you as a smokescreen after Hana and I broke up. You distanced yourself from your own friends because of me. How do you not hate me?" 

Hyunjin never realized the substancial amount of reasons she should have to hate Heejin. The bunny looking girl practically caused a rift between her old best friend and her yet, Hyunjin still couldn't find it in her to hate Heejin.

How could she?

After all these years, her heart still yearns for one person. No matter what Heejin does, Hyunjin would take it without question. She was a fool for love; sue her. 

"I just don't." 

Heejin doesn't understand Hyunjin. If it were anyone else, they would have abandoned Heejin - called her a ton of derogatory names - shout profanities and blamed her for all their misfortunes in life. 

Why was Hyunjin different? 

Deep within her heart, Heejin knows the answer but she could never bring herself to say it outloud. Instead, she feels guilt. Guilt for all the things she's done; guilt for bringing Hyunjin into her mess. She didn't even know where to begin apologizing. 

"Hyunjin, I..." 

"You don't have to say it. I know." 

Hyunjin flashes a toothy grin at Heejin before the light turns green and once again, Hyunjin's eyes are on the road leaving Heejin in awe. Those words and the smile Hyunjin flashes is all it takes for Heejin's heart to begin racing. She slides her hand across her left chest, feeling it beat rapidly under her fingertips; her eyes flickering over to the driver's seat, catching a glimpse of Hyunjin's serene face. 

Time slows down as Heejin watches Hyunjin turn her head to meet Heejin's gaze. Hyunjin's eyes curve into crescents as her lips stretches into a cheshire smile and suddenly, Heejin finds it a little harder to breathe. 

Kim Hyunjin is definitely, undeniably the most beautiful human being that has ever graced the Earth. The cat-like girl is too much for Heejin's fragile heart. Heejin tears her eyes away from Hyunjin, moving her focus towards the clear blue skies. An attempt to cool her raging heart before it leads to a heartattack. 

Not long after, Hyunjin's car comes to a stop in front of an upscale apartment lobby. Heejin quietly unbuckles the seatbelt, careful not to make any eye contact with her driver to prevent anymore heartattacks. 

"Thank you for the ride," Heejin mumbles, opening the door. 

"Wait!" She hears Hyunjin's voice call out. 

"If you need someone to talk to, you know my line is always open." 

Heejin doesn't turn her head, afraid of the rash decisions she might make in her current state. 

"Thank you, Hyunjin. For everything." 

With those final words, Heejin shuts the door and speeds through the revolving doors of her apartment's lobby, disappearing behind the marble column. 

"Anytime, Heejin. Always," Hyunjin says to Heejin's disappearing silhoutte. 

She then shifts her gear and drives away unaware of a small peeping tom by the name of Jeon Heejin. The girl was still in the lobby, choosing to peep from behind the large marble column to make sure Hyunjin had left. Once she sees Hyunjin's car zooming off, she breathes a sign of relief, leaning her back against the column and closing her eyes. 

After a pregnant pause, her eyes snap open. 

.

..

...

....

.....

Am I falling for Kim Hyunjin?!?