Moving In

When she was mine

Hana woke up at 6 am. She knew it was time for her to leave. She had to slip out without anyone knowing. She hurriedly changed out of her pajamas into a simple jeans and t-shirt. She threw on a hoodie and stuffed her important items into her backpack. She took one last look around her room and left the dorm room. It was still dark out as she headed through the smaller gate where the driver was already waiting. He spotted Hana in the black hoodie and immediately opened the car door for her. She flashed the driver a small smile and got into the car. 

The driver entered the driver's seat and started the car, leaving the school. Hana leaned back against the car seat in fatigue. 

"Please do rest, young miss. I will wake you up once we have arrived" the driver said from the front.

Hana hummed, too tired to reply. She fell asleep comfortably as the driver drove as carefully as he could. 45 minutes later, the driver came to stop in front of the Park Mansion's entrance. He turned to the back and saw Hana slumped against the car seat uncomfortably. He opened the door and saw the butlers and maids ready to receive her. He shushed them as he opened the door revealing a sleeping Hana. They understood and stayed silent. The driver slowly picked Hana up as he carried her into the house. Jihyo who was descending the stairs stared in shock. 

"What happened?" Jihyo asked fearfully.

The driver bowed as he said "The young miss is tired. I didn't want to wake her up". 

Jihyo sighed in relief. She ordered the butler to lead the driver to Hana's room. The butler complied as the two of them made their way up the stairs to Hana's new room. The butler opened the door for the driver to enter as the driver slowly laid Hana on the bed. The two then left the room as Hana slept soundly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heejin finally left Jungeun alone. Jungeun headed to Hana's old apartment. She knew Hana hadn't step foot inside the apartment since her mother's death but she had a bit of hope left in her. She got into the elevator and pressed 5. The elevator ascended fast as the doors opened allowing Jungeun to step out. She walked down the hallway to unit 545. She pressed the bell and knocked on the door. 

"Hana, are you in there?" 

No response. She pressed the bell again. 

"Hana!" 

"There is no one home" 

Jungeun turned to the back and saw an elderly woman. 

"The daughter hasn't been back in a long time. Ever since the death of her mother. The poor child. She was all alone after that" the elderly woman said pitifully. 

Jungeun thanked the elderly woman and departed from the apartment building. Jungeun got into her car and slumped tiredly against the steering wheel. 

"Where are you, Hana?" 

Her tone pained and lacked energy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rays of sunlight shone through the windows onto Hana's face. Hana slowly stirred awake as she opened her eyes to a different surrouding. She got up from the bed and rubbed her eyes. Where the hell am I? Hana thought to herself as she looked around the massive room. 

Related image 

She remembered falling asleep in the car then she woke up here. Hana shook her head as she got up from the bed. She walked into a separate living room equipped with all the latest technology. A 65 inch flat screen smart TV, two large speakers fixed at the side and several different gaming consoles. 

Related image

Hana walked out of the living room and was in the middle of an unknown hallway. Hana walked down the hallway and saw a maid cleaning a priceless antique. Spotting Hana, the maid bowed acknowledging her presence. 

"Uhm, do you mind telling me where my mother is?" Hana asked. 

"She has gone to work, young miss" the maid replied back.

Hana realised that it was already 9 so her mother must have been at work already. 

"Who is home then?" Hana asked. 

"Madam and Young Miss Chaewon" the maid answered. 

Hana nodded and asked the maid to lead her to them to which the maid complied. As the maid lead her to the dining room, Hana passed by a few places. The library, the gym and the garden. Hana realised just how big the estate actually was. This place was going to be her home so she would have to get use to it. Hana sighed. It finally hit her that she was the heiress of one of the world's largest fortunes. They finally arrived at the dining room as she saw her grandmother and her sister. 

"Good morning" Hana greeted softly. 

Her grandmother and sister looked towards Hana. 

"Good morning, Hana. I trust you rested well" her grandmother said. 

Hana smiled and nodded. 

"Good. Have a seat! I will have the maids bring you some breakfast" her grandmother said as she gestured for Hana to sit. 

Her younger sister smiled at her before continuing to eat. 

The maid placed a plate of food in front of her. Hana thanked the maid who stepped aside. Hana slowly dug into the food. 

"I am glad that you have decided to stay here. You have no idea how much I wanted to meet you" 

Hana heard her grandmother say making her pause. She swallowed her food and looked at her grandmother. 

"Did you know of my existence?" Hana asked curiously. 

"No, dear child. I only found out when your grandfather told me several years ago. I fought to bring you back immediately after....." 

Her grandmother hesitated. 

"After your mother's death. But your grandfather was adamant about keeping his promise so I waited patiently. When I saw you yesterday, I was so happy. I had pictures of you but the pictures didn't do you any justice". 

Her grandmother took Hana's hands in her own.

"You are safe here. If there is anything that you need or you want to talk about, I am here. You don't have to worry about not having anyone to talk too. I may have not been there for you when you were young but you have me now. I am your grandmother no matter who says what"

Hana teared up. She smiled in an attempt to hide her tears. 

"Thank you, halmeoni" Hana said. 

Her grandmother smiled. 

"Now, eat up. We are going shopping today. You need some new clothes and things. If there is anything you want, don't hesitate to speak. This halmeoni of yours will give you everything you ask for since I couldn't give it to you before" 

Hana looked at Chaewon who simply chuckled. The younger girl seemed accustomed to their grandmother's behaviours. It was going to be a long day.