Chap 9

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER IX

 

Falling off a bridge hurt less than falling in love with you.

 

 

“Here!” V dumped the files in his hand on Jungkook’s desk in front of him. “The information that you asks for,” V says.

“Thanks bro!” Jungkook smiles as he reached for the files on his desk.

“What do you need it for?” V asks.

Jungkook just laughed it off.

“Bro…”

“Hey you still remember three years ago?” Jungkook asks, looking right into V’s eyes confidently.

“Which part of three years ago should I remember?” V asks back.

Jungkook inhales. “The part where I hook up with a bar girl? She looks so innocent yet so wild. She came approaching me first at the bar? Oh- oh! It’s on your birthday! We were celebrating that night,” Jungkook furiously explained.

V widened his eyes.

“Don’t tell me…” V didn’t finished his line.

“I know right! I think this Rosé girl is her. But she keeps insisting she’s not Chaeyoung. Her hair was slightly short back then and wears thinner makeups now, but she recognizable you know. She has that features that one could easily remember her,” says Jungkook.

V looks at Jungkook, smiling a playful way. “Eheyyy! You’re interested in her, weren’t you?”

Jungkook chuckled.

“Well, she does looks hotter with less makeup now,” Jungkook shrugs off his shoulder.

“But according to what I’ve investigated, she looks completely different from Chaeyoung?” V’s expression turn serious. His eyebrows twitch. His expression looks like he is thinking of something.

“I know. But my guess is, she completely changed her profile. She completely removed all about her real self before we met three years ago and become a new person with a new identity,” Jungkook talks serious as well.

“What? Why would she do that?” V questioned.

“I don’t know. I still have to figure out. She’s too hard. I try to fish her out the other day, but she’s not taking the bait. However, I did not she’s lying,” Jungkook explained.

“How did you bait her?” V ask again.

“I told her that I blacklisted her name, that’s why she couldn’t secured any job the first year after we broke up. But I never did. Her response were telling me that she believed in what I said,” he says. “Why would I blacklisted her though? I don’t even know that she specializes in anything. I only see her as a bar girl,” he continued.

“But I don’t think she is capable of changing her whole identity,” V responded.

“She is.” Jungkook says. V’s eyebrows twitch. “Don’t you see? Her best friends. They are all daughters of influential people. Jennie, especially. If that Rosé girl wanted to turn this company upside down, that Jennie can make it happen you know!” Jungkook exclaimed.

V widened his eyes again.

“She is that influential? I mean her family is that influential,” V shocked.

Jungkook lifted his eyebrows.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Both Jungkook and V startled. “Come in,” says Jungkook.

“Mr. Jungkook, someone came to meet you,” Jungkook’s assistant came in.

“Who?” asks Jungkook.

“Ms. Park,” his assistant answered. Both Jungkook and V looks at each other before Jungkook looks back at his assistant who was standing at his door.

“Okay let her in,” ordered Jungkook. Her assistant nods and leaves upon his order. Few seconds later, another knocks are being heard on his door. “Yes,” he says. Rosé were seen entering his office after his called.

“Good morning, Mr. Jeon and Mr. Kim,” Rosé greets with a smile.

“Good morning, Ms. Park. We were just talking about you,” V giggles.

Jungkook widened his eyes.

“Oh really? What were you guys talking about?” Rosé slightly smiles.

“Err…oh- it’s nothing much actually. I was just complimenting your ideas. Right, V?” Jungkook gets up from his seat and walks towards V before punch his arm making V groans. V narrowed his eyes looking at Jungkook. “You did a very good job on the recent proposals you sent me, by the way,” Jungkook says, ignoring the look V gave him.

“Ahh, thanks,” Rosé replied, short.

“So, why are you here?” asks Jungkook.

Rosé frowns.

“You…asked me to come yesterday?” Rosé says.

Jungkook’s mouth drop open.

“Oh- yeah! I forgot about that. Erm actually…V come here,” Jungkook ordered. “Have a seat first please, Rosé-shi,” Jungkook invited Rosé.

“Thanks,” says Rosé as she took a seat. “By the way, I actually prefer you to address me Ms. Park. I think it’s more professional,” Rosé smiles.

Both Jungkook and V looks at each other. V shrugs off his shoulder.

“Okay then, as you wish, Ms. Park,” Jungkook deliberately emphasizing the title.

Rosé smirked and ignores.

“As much as I like your ideas on the project, I still think that it needs a few corrections here and there. So, I hope that you can come work here instead of coming back and forth from your office. Besides, it’s easier for me to monitor your work, right?” propose Jungkook.

Rosé looks at him firmly.

“I don’t think that is necessary,” says Rosé.

“And why is that?” asks Jungkook.

“Because I don’t find it hard to come here if you want me to come. I also will only be working on the planning which will finish soon, the production team will take over after. And I don’t feel like seeing your face the whole day and time,” Rosé smiles.

Jungkook was awed by Rosé’s answers.

“But I still want you to supervise the production team’s work. Well, you know your works best right?” Jungkook tries to convince Rosé.

V widened his eyes, in awed. Rosé exhales heavily.

“Mr. Jeon, is this your first project?” Rosé asks.

Jungkook looks at V.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Park. It is his first project. Pardon his mistake,” V interrupted. “Yah! Of course she discussed with production team before coming to us. What kind of thing were you saying?!” V whispered to Jungkook.

“Oh- ye..yeah!” Jungkook stutters. “Of course I know that you had discussed with your production team, but still you’re the one who understands your work well, isn’t it?” Jungkook tries to cover back his mistake.

“You don’t have to worry, Mr. Jeon. I have full faith on my production team,” Rosé puts her hand on her chest, convincing Jungkook with what she’s saying. “We’ve worked together many times already. I’m sure they understand my wants,” Rosé continued.

“I insists you working here,” Jungkook firmly said.

Rosé frowns.

“It is not in my capabilities to simply move here and there, Mr. Jeon,” Rosé loses her temper. “I am working for people, and you cannot simply tells me what to do,” she said. Her expression looks angry.

“I will talk to your…”

“No. I’m going to resign when the production team takes over the project. There’s no need for you to go and talked to my employer to let me work here,” Rosé says as she gets up, ready to leave.

Both Jungkook and V stands up as well.

Rosé was about to leave before she stops and turns her head, “By the way, can you tell the guy who were tailing me these few days to do a better job if he’s going to tail around? I try to ignore but he’s too obvious.”

Both Jungkook and V were drop dead shocked.