Chap 3

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER III

 

Eyes cannot speak but it tells a lot of unspoken likes.

 

 

“Where is it again?” Jennie asks for confirmation.

“Ivory Mountain,” Rosé replied while packing up her things.

“Oh, that is quite an expensive place to meet for a meeting. Why not just at the office?” Jennie asks again.

“I don’t know, wifey. The person in charge from that company never picks up my call. Only texted me the location and asks to discuss only when we meet. I guess, they don’t like to talk through phones?” Rosé shrugs her shoulders.

Jennie slightly nods.

“OH. MY. GOD. JENNIE RUBY JANE, WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP?!” Lisa shouted while running down the stairs with messy hairs and obviously messy life for this morning.

“You didn’t tell me to?” says Jennie.

“Are you kidding me? Seriously?” Lisa narrowed her eyes at Jennie. Jennie shrugs and walks away, smiling.

“You need a lift?” Rosé offers Lisa.

“Serious? Are you serious? I am more than thankful if you could do so,” Lisa put her hands on Rosé’s shoulder and exhale a breath of relief.

“Where?”

“Ivory Mountain please. Thank you,” Lisa smiles, showing her teeth.

“Oh that’s great! Rosé’s heading there too,” Jennie interrupted.

Lisa widened her eyes in excitement.

“Wow what a great start today, huh?” Lisa exclaimed.

“Yeah but you did not forget that I still have to drop Jiyeon at the school, right?” Rosé reminded Lisa.

“Oh no,” Lisa sighed.

“Never mind, Chae. I’ll drop Jiyeon later on. You guys go ahead or you’ll miss your appointments,” Jennie says.

“Oh okay. Thanks Jen! Kiss her for me!” Rosé shout while rushing out to her car while being pulled by Lisa.

***

“Do you not see the time now?” Taehyung nagged the leisure Jungkook while knowing that he had run out of time for his appointment.

“Calm down, V. We are the client. Let them wait for us,” Jungkook happily whistling.

“Even so, we are part of this project. It’s really hard for us as well to get our hand on this company. Don’t try to ruin it,” Taehyung sighed.

“Okay fine. I’m done alright,” Jungkook gave up.

“Seriously, Kook. If you keep up this way, I’ll withdraw alright,” Taehyung shook his head, disbelief.

***

“Yeah great. Promise at 9am, its 10.30am now and where the hell is this client?” Rosé grumbled.

Rosé looks around her before turn to look at the time on her wristwatch.

“Excuse me, Ms. Rosé Park?”

Rosé turn her head to the voice calling her. A tall young man stands by her smiling with his eyes. Rosé flustered and dropped the file on her lap.

“Oh sorry,” she stands up and pick up the file she drop before catching another young man standing behind the earlier guy.

“No worries. You okay?” asks the first young man.

“Yeah I’m fine. Thanks,” Rosé slightly smiles. She took a glance at the other guy.

Both Rosé and the two young man that just arrives took a sit.

“I’m sorry for being late, Ms. Park. We’re caught up in quite heavy traffic just now,” said the first guy.

“Traffic my ,” the other guy mumbled to himself.

The first guy immediately elbowed the other guy’s hand.

Rosé put on a small smile on her lips. She noticed that the other guy was looking at her nonstop.

“I understand,” says Rosé to avoid the awkwardness.

“By the way, I’m Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. But, you can call me V,” the first guy introduced himself.

Rosé nodded.

“This is…” Taehyung turns to the guy beside him. “Jeon Jungkook.”