Chap 16

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XVI

 

The moment I fell in love with you, your happiness is the only thing that matters.

 

 

“Do you want to eat anything? I’ll buy anything for you,” Rosé asks Jiyeon who is sitting on the passenger seat while on their way back home after Jiyeon getting discharged from the hospital.

It has been a month since the incident that happened between Rosé and Jungkook happened at the restaurant that night passed by. Jungkook had never came looking for her or visited Jiyeon at the hospital after that night. Just once, she heard from Lisa that Jungkook came late at night and read storybooks to Jiyeon until she falls asleep. Other than that, nothing.

“Mommy, do you miss daddy?” Jiyeon asks quietly.

Rosé stunned by the name Jiyeon called her. Her eyes widened in excitement. She took a glance at Jiyeon by her side.

“Did you just called me ‘Mommy’?” she asks.

“Can’t I?” Jiyeon blinks her eyes, showing Rosé her puppy eyes.

“Of course you can!!” Rosé exclaimed. “I miss you calling me Mommy. I know I’m the one who doesn’t allow you to call me Mommy since you were two but I really miss hearing it now,” Rosé says quietly. She rubbed Jiyeon’s cheek playfully.

“I will always call you Mommy from now then,” Jiyeon says as she took Rosé’s hand and kiss it.

“But it sounds old right? Mommy,” Rosé chuckles to herself.

“Focus, Chaeyoung-shi,” Jiyeon slapped Rosé’s lap to snap her out from keep on smiling by herself.

“Yes,” Rosé politely answer. Both of them burst out laughing.

àß

“Welcome home, princess!!!!”

Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa all shouted happily upon Jiyeon’s entering the house. Jiyeon is really excited that she jumped out of happiness. She hugs all the three girls in front of her as she misses them so much. Although she met them at the hospital every day, but it is not the same as seeing all of them at home.

“I cook a lot of delicious food for you. You have to eat everything okay?” Jennie pull Jiyeon to the dining room.

“Thank God I didn’t ask Mommy to buy me any food on our way back just now,” says Jiyeon.

Jennie stop walking and turn around, looking at Rosé. Both Jisoo and Lisa also looked at Rosé. All of them wears the same expression, frowning. Rosé smiles widely.

“I’m a Mommy, right?” Rosé shrugs her shoulder and walks to the dining room. “Wow! So many delicious food! I can’t wait to eat,” Rosé clapped her hand excitedly.

All of them took a sit at the dining table.

“Since when are you calling Chaeyoung “Mommy”?” Jennie asks Jiyeon.

“Hm- since just now,” says Jiyeon, picking up a piece of roll kimbab and shove it into . “Mmm~ sooo delicious! Mommy Nini is a very good cook,” Jiyeon gives Jennie a thumbs up. The three girls eyes widens even more.

“Me? Me?” Lisa cutely asked.

“Mommy Lili?” Jiyeon grins. Lisa clapped happily. “Mommy Jichu also!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

Jisoo smile widely and ruffle Jiyeon’s hair.

“Here,” Jisoo feed another piece of kimbab into Jiyeon’s mouth.

All of them eats the food that Jennie had prepared happily before sitting at the living room with a cup of latte for each of them and iced chocolate for Jiyeon. Rosé plays with Jiyeon’s hair as she lays down her head on Rosé’s lap.

“We’re leaving to Aussie next week,” Rosé speaks, breaking the silence.

“So soon? Don’t you want to wait until Jiyeon’s fully recovered first then only you leave?” Jisoo asks.

Rosé shook her head.

“It’s okay. Besides, I’ve bought the plane tickets. Once I settled down there, I’ll come back here to pick up some stuff and then I’ll be leaving for good,” tells Rosé.

“It’s already time yeah?” Jennie asks.

Rosé nods. Yes, it’s already time to fulfil the promise I made to my parents.

***

“She has been discharged 4 days ago,” V told Jungkook who was working on the project that Rosé worked on before this.

Since Rosé left that night, Jungkook has not only becoming committed to his work, he become a slave to his work. He spend days and nights to make sure everyone went according to what Rosé had outlined in the files. He sometimes skip meals making him become thinner than he has already been before.

“Did you think that if you work like this, she will come begging at you? Begging for your love? She’s not! Stop torturing yourself!” V scold Jungkook. Jungkook in front of him right now is not the same Jungkook he knew before. Jungkook in front of him now is totally a different person.

Jungkook sighed.

He put down the pen he has been holding aside and lifts his face to look at V who was standing in front of his desk.

“I’m not doing this to get her come begging at me. I’m doing this because my dad has assigned me this work-,” he stopped. “and because she worked hard to finish this paper work. I should not waste her effort,” Jungkook says.

V took a seat.

“I have the information that you asked me a month ago,” V told him.

Jungkook smirked. He took back the pen that he put aside just now and begins to write something on papers in front of him.

“So?” he asks.

“You’ll want to see this,” V puts an envelope in front of Jungkook.

Jungkook took the envelope and put it away from him.

“Throw this away. I don’t need it anymore,” Jungkook says. Continue what he has been doing just now.

“You have to see this first.”

V took the envelope back and put it in front of Jungkook. Jungkook sighed. He took the envelope and open it. He took out the papers inside of the envelope and reads the information. His eyes widened upon seeing the first page of the files. He immediately flip through the papers to see the other information containing in the papers.

“PASTA?”

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone! How are you guys doing? I hope you're doing great! May what you pray for will be fulfill sooner or later. I have a question to everyone who reads. Do you guys prefer to read a fanfic that are being uploaded chapter by chapter to keep the suspense or do you guys like it if you could read all the way to the end at once? Please leave your comment below and let me know what you're thinking! This is crucial for me hehe :D