Chap 33

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XXXIII

 

I cried my heart out, but the tears had already dried.

 

 

It has been three days since Rosé came back from Australia to Korea. She left Jiyeon in her family care as she came back to quickly finished her work and wanting to get back home immediately right after she finished. In addition to her still wounded heart from what had happened in the past, her heart ache even deeper now. Rosé cried her heart out silently alone at the corner of her bed. She acts natural and strong in front of the others in the day, but is crying hard alone in her room at night. She thought everything will ended beautifully for her, but she forgot that to be happy, it cannot happen overnight.

(knocks on door)

Rosé wipes away her tears. She rushed to the bathroom and washed her face to get rid of the tears puffiness on her face. She goes to open the door when she is confident that her face doesn’t look like she had just cried.

“Oh- why are you guys here?” she asked as she sees all Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo standing in front of her room.

All of them hug her at once and cry. She startled.

“Hey, why are you crying?” she asked and hug them all.

They broke the hug and looked at her.

Jennie who is standing right in front of her took Rosé’s hand into her. “We’re sorry, Chae. We tried to ignore when you act like nothing happened, but our heart aches when we heard you were crying and sobbing alone in the room every night,” Jennie cried out.

Rosé’s tears fall. They pulled her into a hug again. The moment Rosé was pulled into a hug, she cried out loud, expressing all her frustration and heartbreak on the girl’s shoulder. She is tired of crying silently. She cannot stand keeping it alone in her heart.

Jisoo Rosé’s back.

“Cry it out, Chae. Cry all you want. Let go of everything in your heart,” she said.

Rosé broke the hug. She walked slowly and took a seat on her bed.

“Why did he do this to me over and over again?” Rosé asked. Both Jennie and Jisoo took a seat on both side of Rosé while Lisa took a sit on the floor, resting her arms on Rosé’s lap. “Is it my fault that his mom is my dad’s mistress?” Rosé cried again.

Lisa Rosé’s hand on her lap.

“You were never faulty since the beginning, Chae,” Lisa comforted her.

“If I’m not at fault, why do he keep blaming me for everything that I did not do, Lisa? Why is he treating me like a trash?” Rosé cried harder. “Will I ever have a happy ending in this life?” Rosé said silently.

***

Rosé took a deep breath in front of the lift. She knew she cannot run away from him. At least until the wedding is settled. Work is still work, and it has been delayed for three days because of her heartbreak but she still has to deal with him. Rosé pushed to button to go upstairs to meet Jungkook at his office. When she arrived, the first person she saw is the same receptionist lady from a year ago, Ms. Son. She smile to her.

“Can I meet Mr. Jeon? I have to discussed with him regarding his friend’s wedding,” Rosé told Ms. Son.

Ms. Son smiled back to her.

“Hold on for a second. I will let him know,” she said. Rosé nods and took a seat at the lounge in front of the receptionist table.

Rosé took out her mobile phone and sent the girls a text to inform that she has already arrived at the office. She just hit the send button when Ms. Son came up to her, smiling. She look up at her.

“Please follow me,” Ms. Son invited her.

Rosé nods and follow Ms. Son to Jungkook’s room. It was a different room from last time although it is in the same level. Probably because he is now the chief executive officer just like Jennie told her the other day. Ms. Son knocked on the door several time. Jungkook’s voice could be heard from inside telling them to come in. Ms. Son pulled the door knob and step inside while still holding the door open.

“Ms. Park is here,” she told Jungkook.

“Hm,” Rosé heard Jungkook replying.

Ms. Son peeked outside and mouthing Rosé to come inside the office. Rosé smiles and nods. She step inside to see the new room is larger than the previous one. She is not impressed by how big the room is but she is astonished to see that he is not alone in the room. There is V as well. She finds it very awkward.

“Good morning,” she greeted.

Jungkook did not looked at her at all. He stood up from his seat and walks towards the couch in front of his working table. He ed his blazer while taking a seat on the couch. “Please have a seat,” he said without even turning at Rosé.

Rosé walks slowly and took a seat on the couch in front of Jungkook. She took a quick glance towards V. V suddenly stood up and walks closer to the door. He opened the door and suddenly left the room. She frowned.

“Yes, why do you want to see me?” Jungkook ask coldly.

“I’ve finalized the floor plan for the wedding. Would you like to take a look?” she asked. Jungkook took the file on her hand and flip through the pages. He then throw the file on the coffee table.

“Anything else?” he asked.

“Ye…”

(knocks on door)

“Come in,” Jungkook responded to the one knocking the door.

The door knob turns and Rosé saw V came back with a cup of drink on his hand. He walks towards Rosé and put the drink on the coffee table in front of her. He smile to Rosé. She slightly smile back.

“Did I ask for the coffee?” Jungkook speaks. He sounds very annoyed.

“It’s for the guest,” V said.

“Did I ask it?” Jungkook asked again. This time he glares at V.

V looks very annoyed as well at Jungkook. Rosé quickly cleared .

“Never mind, Mr. Kim. I don’t drink coffee in the morning. You can take it away,” Rosé said, trying to cool off the tension between the two friends.

Jungkook turns at Rosé and glares at her.

“And who told you that you can order my employee?” he said.

His expression looks very scary. Rosé look down. A moment later, she look back at Jungkook in his eyes. She harden her face. Her expression is cold.

“I believe that as a CEO of the company, you always practice professionalism. However, the way I see it, you’re not in the right mood to discuss work now. If you cannot tolerate with me professionally, I will come another day,” Rosé said.

Jungkook silent.

“I came today for the floor plan. You have no problem with the wedding dress the other day. We have booked the venue, and I’ve already went for site visit with Mr. Kim. But, if you would like to re-check, you can come and see it for yourself. My partner, Ms. Lisa will assists you for that one. If you are not satisfied, please feel free to tell her. We will find another venue as soon as possible. Regarding the cakes, foods and beverages also will be handled by my partner, Ms. Jisoo. You can come to her café to try the cakes. We have booked catering for the foods and beverages. As a service, we will provide 300 pieces of cupcakes for the guests. I will leave the floor plan for you to look through. There is also Ms. Lisa and Ms. Jisoo contact number if you need to call them,” Rosé said.

Rosé took out another file and put it on the coffee table.

“This is the decoration plan for the venue on the wedding day. Please have a look and you can tell me…” Rosé silent for a while, “…or one of my partners if you are not satisfied with anything,” she finished her sentence. “If there nothing else, I will leave first.” Rosé get up and about to leave.

“Wait,” Jungkook stops her as she about the walked out of the room. Rosé slightly turns her head around. “How can you still shamelessly came here to discuss with me? Jennie, Lisa or Jisoo can come instead of you,” he said.

“Because we are professionals. We didn’t mingle up personal with work.”

Rosé turned the door knob. She stopped again before walking out of the door.

“I guess this is the end huh?”

Jungkook smirked. He stood up and walks closer towards Rosé.

“If your dad didn’t mess up with my mom in the past, things will not come to an end,” he gritted his teeth. Totally showing his anger and annoyance.

Rosé slightly smirking.

“The only thing that mess up is your brain,” she said. Jungkook widened his eyes looking at Rosé. Didn’t expect her to say something like that. “I shouldn’t have second thought when we went to the sea the other day…” she stopped. “-nope. I shouldn’t even go with you to the sea. I should just keep being ignorant and selfish,” she walked out of the room and slammed the door.