Chap 34

Certificate of a Daughter

 

 

CHAPTER XXXIV

 

In a sky full of stars, I’d still stare at you.

 

 

Rosé stopped seeing Jungkook since she last met him in his office for the first time right after she got back from Australia. It was just two and a half week but it feels so long for Rosé. She just can’t wait to return to Australia to be with her daughter. She wanted to leave everything, all this heartbreak here and start a really new life with Jiyeon. She wanted to forget all the things that had happened here as if it has never happened. It is the best way to recover for this heartbreak.

“Chae, this is yours,” Lisa stormed off inside Rosé’s room while holding a long white curvy dress for Rosé. Rosé frowned.

“What for?” she asked.

“Oh you didn’t know?” Lisa asked. Rosé shook her head. “Jennie unnie made a dress for all of us. Each of us has different design. She just had that much time, you know,” Lisa nagged at the door. “Oh- take it! I still have to get ready. We’re leaving in any minute. Never mind, I’ll leave it here,” Lisa said and put the

“Lisa-ah,” Rosé called. Lisa stopped and turned back. Her eyes widened. “Can you work in a dress?” Rosé asked.

“Mine is a pants,” Lisa said, lifting her eyebrows.

Rosé chuckles.

“Besides I’m not the one photographing the wedding. My team will do the work,” Lisa said before she left, referring to her photographer friends who has been working with her before this.

She walked to the dress Lisa puts on the chair and picked it up. The dress looks very good and beautiful. Jennie’s skills are really amazing. But, her heart ache so much seeing the dress. To think of the effort that Jennie put in making the dress for her, she feel burdened that she is leaving before the wedding. She did not managed to put on the dress to show to her friends.

“Chae!” Jennie suddenly popped up in front of her room door. Rosé turned back. “What are you doing still? We’re leaving in half an hour,” Jennie exclaimed.

“Unnie, I’m not going,” she told Jennie.

Jennie widened her eyes.

“Why?!” Jennie asked, shocked.

“My work is finished. There’s no need for me to be there. You can take care of the wedding on my behalf,” Rosé said.

Jennie walked to her.

“But I want to see you in this dress,” Jennie pouted. “I made it specially for you. Look! I wear dress too,” Jennie twirl in front of Rosé, showing off her over the knee flowing lacy dress.

“I’m sorry,” Rosé said.

Jennie pouted.

“Can you at least put on the dress and stay there for like half an hour? Pleaseeee. I promise I won’t hold you from leaving after that,” Jennie persuade her.

Rosé silent. This women in front of her had done so many things for her. She can do this small thing once for her, right?

“Okay,” Rosé nods. “Half an hour only, okay?”

Jennie excitedly agrees.

“Okay! Let me help you get ready,” Jennie said. As Rosé puts on the dress, Jennie asked her to sit as she ties up Rosé’s hair into a romantic updo hairstyles and pin in crown of Roses in her hair, fitting her name. Rosé looks amazingly beautiful with the hairstyle especially when it suits her beige blond hair colour.

“Unnie,” she looked at the reflection of the excited Jennie on the mirror while finishing her hair. Jennie looked at the mirror as well. “I’m not the one getting married,” she said.

Jennie laughed.

“I know!!! But I really like doing this,” Jennie said. “It’s okay, Chae. Who knows when you go to the airport later with this hairstyle, you will find a hot guy for yourself,” Jennie .

Rosé laughed.

“Put on some makeup okay? Let’s take a photo before we leave for the wedding,” Jennie reminded her before she left the room.

***

Rosé sit alone in the waiting room. The wedding will be held outside the dining area. She has taken a look over the decoration of the bride and groom oath platform and the guests’ seat when they arrived earlier, and it looks amazing. Rosé is very proud of her friends work. It is not easy to do the decoration especially it’s an outdoor venue and she only provide the design and they did all the instruction and supervising.

“Emergency, emergency!!!” Rosé heard Jennie’s voice over the walkie talkie that Lisa left in the room earlier. Rosé took the walkie talkie. “I’m coming over to the waiting room. Jisoo unnie took the dress from the bride!” Jennie instructed over the walkie talkie. Rosé frowned.

“Roger and out,” Rosé heard Jisoo replied.

A minute later, breathless Jennie stormed off into the waiting room before Jisoo arrived later on with the bride wedding dress.

“Chae, take off your dress,” Jennie said.

Rosé’s eyes widened.

“Why?” she asked.

“The bride is crazy!!!! She saw you earlier when you walked passed by her waiting room and she wants your dress instead of hers!” Jennie told her. Rosé frowned.

“Ma…my dress?” Rosé stuttered.

“Come on now, Chae. Take off yours,” Jisoo said.

“Let me get my clothes in the car first,” Rosé said and took the car keys on the table.

“No need! No need! We have no time to waste now. Just put on this dress first and get your clothes after this,” Jennie said and shove the bride dress that she chose the other day at the boutique to her.

Rosé rushed to changed her dress into the bride’s dress.

“Thank you so much, Chae! Sorry for troubling you!!!” Jennie exclaimed and rushed over to the bride’s waiting room with Jisoo. Rosé chuckles at the hectic Jennie and Jisoo trying to catch up time.

Rosé turned facing the mirror behind her and look at herself in the wedding dress. She smiled to herself. “If this is my wedding, this dress would be the perfect dress for me to walk on the aisle,” she mumbled to herself.

(phone rings)

Rosé startled and rushed to find her phone in her bag.

“Yes Lisa,” she answered the call.

“Did I left my walkie talkie in the waiting room?” Lisa asked over the phone.

“Yeah,” Rosé said.

“Oh gosh! No wonder I can’t find it anywhere,” Lisa sighed. “Is Jennie or Jisoo unnie there?” Lisa asked again.

“They just left,” Rosé told her.

“Oh no! I’m in trouble!” Lisa panicked over the phone.

“What’s wrong?!” Rosé concerned as well. She can tell that there is something wrong happening somewhere outside there due to Lisa’s voice over the phone. She knows it is normal to have problems for first timers handling big events like this, but to hear Lisa’s voice over the phone, it seems like she cannot handle it.

“The platform at the oath reading for the bride cracked when I stand on it! I’m afraid when the couple stand on it, they will fall,” Lisa almost crying over the phone.

“Okay Lisa. Calm down first. Jennie and Jisoo unnie are settling the bride. I will come to you. Wait for me okay,” Rosé calmed her down.

“But you’re leaving soon,” Lisa said. Her voice shaking.

“It’s okay. Calm down. Take a deep breath. I can buy new flight tickets, but I cannot buy my friends. I’ll be there okay. Don’t panic,” Rosé said.

Rosé took the car keys to take her clothes and change first but then she stopped. She’s afraid Lisa will be even more panicked if she came late to her. She drop the keys into her bag and walked fast to the wedding oath reading venue in the wedding dress. As she arrived the entrance of the aisle, she saw her dad wearing a tuxedo standing and smiling at her.

“Dad?” she uttered silently.

Jennie suddenly came and put on a long veil on her hair, Lisa gave her a bouquet of flower and Jisoo put a pair of heels in front of her, signalling her to take off her flat shoes and put on the heels. Her dad walked slowly to her and took her hand into his. Rosé was dumbfounded. She looked to the front as she walked along the aisle with her father. She saw a man standing on the platform facing the priest and Jiyeon with Alice and her mom in the front line of the audience seat. As Rosé arrives in front of the low platform, the man turned around.

“Jungkook?” she frowned.

Jungkook smiled sweetly to her.

The flower dropped from her hand. Her heart races. Her face become hot. Her eyes suddenly becomes teary. Jungkook panicked. He took Rosé’s hand from her father but Rosé brushed him away. Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo at the back looks concerned.

“What is this?” Rosé asked silently.

Jungkook took a glance at the audience before looking at Rosé. “It’s our wedding, Chaeyoung-ah,” Jungkook said. “I planned this for us for a long time already,” he added. Jungkook reached out his hand for Rosé’s again but she refused.

Rosé’s tears falls down immediately. She suddenly falls squatting and buried her face into her lap and cried loud. Jungkook panicked once again. The audience panicking along with him. Same goes to Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo at the back. Not to mentioned the priest in front of them. He immediately kneels in front of Rosé and pull her into a hug.

“Hey, don’t cry,” he whispers softly into her ears and her back. She cried even louder. Jungkook look up to Rosé’s father. Rosé’s father shrugged his shoulder with a ‘You handle it yourself. It’s your plan.’ face. “Chae?” Jungkook called when Rosé suddenly turned silent.

Rosé pushed Jungkook away gently and lift her head facing him with a face wet with tears. She wiped away her tears and glares at Jungkook.

“Can we get married first? Everyone is looking,” Jungkook whispers. He signals his eyes to the audience while looking at Rosé. Rosé took a glance at the audience who are whispering to each other. Probably wondering what is happening.

“Do I look horrible?” Rosé whispers as well.

Jungkook smiled.

“You look drop dead gorgeous,” he said sincerely.

Rosé rolled her eyes. “I ask my dad,” she said and look up to her dad. “Do I?” she pouted at her dad. Mr. Park chuckled.

“You look drop dead gorgeous, honey,” Mr. Park said. Rosé smiled.

Jungkook giggles. He took Rosé’s hand and stood up together with her. He let go of her hands and wiped away her tears on her face and brushes her hair. Jungkook was stunned when he peeks at Rosé standing in front of the mirror in this wedding dress earlier. She is amazingly and effortlessly beautiful.

“Are you ready?” Jungkook asked, looking into her eyes.

Rosé did not respond. Jungkook took Rosé’s hand into his again.

“It’s okay. Calm down. Take a deep breath. I can wait for you, but I cannot lose you again. I’ll be here okay. Don’t panic,” Jungkook said, purposely repeating what she told Lisa earlier over the phone and chuckled.

Rosé widened her eyes.

“Can we start now?” the priest interrupt them.

Both of them looked at the priest. “Wait a second,” Jungkook said. He bent down and pick the flower bouquet that Rosé dropped earlier and gave it to his soon-to-be wife. “Now, yes,” he said then to the priest while holding Rosé’s hand.

Jeon Jungkook, do you take Park Chaeyoung as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?” the priest said.

Jungkook took a quick glance towards Rosé beside her. “I do,” he said.

“Park Chaeyoung, do you take Jeon Jungkook as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?” the priest asked the same to Rosé.

Rosé left out a heavy breath. Jungkook turned looking at Rosé, panicking.

“What if he lie to me again?” she suddenly asked.

The audience gasped. So do the priest.

“Chaeyoung-ah,” Jungkook pouted and childishly shakes his shoulder and stomped his feet.

“Okay, okay. I do,” Rosé shrugged her shoulder.

Everyone cheered at the same time.

“You may ki…”

Jungkook slid his hands around Rosé’s waist and pulled her into a kiss without the priest able to finish his sentence. Everyone cheered even louder.

“I didn’t even finished yet,” the priest mumbled.

Jungkook broke the kiss and rest his forehead on hers’. His breath become rapid. “I love you. I love you so much,” he whispers and caress her right cheek before went in for another kiss and lift her up in the air.