Chap 19

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XIX

 

I cannot change the past, but I can make a new beginning and ends beautifully.

 

 

“Call us when you arrived okay?” Jisoo reminded Rosé while holding her hands for she couldn't count how many times already. Rosé smile and nods. “When you’re there, don’t forget to take your meal on time, don’t forget to drink milk before going to bed, don’t for to always put everything inside your bag before going to bed so that you will not forget anything or in rush the next day and don’t forget to take care of yourself, okay?” Jisoo sobs. Rosé nods and hugs Jisoo, her back.

 

“I will not forget everything that you remind me,” she said.

 

She broke the hug and turns to look at Jennie. Jennie’s eyes are already wet with tears. She came closer and wipes away her tears. “Chaeyoung-ah,” Jennie called. “Take care of yourself while you’re there okay? I will take care of things here as fast as I can and come visit you there with the girls. Let us know immediately if you are in trouble. Make some friends but don’t forget us okay? Don’t let yourself alone all the time. If you’re bored, call us anytime. We will entertain you. If you’re sick, take medicine. If you’re hungry late night, eat. Don’t starve yourself. If you’re tired, rest. Don’t push yourself. If you’re….”

 

“Okay, okay! I know already,” Rosé chuckles.

 

Jennie pouted.

 

“Don’t worry okay. I’ll be fine. Besides, I live with my family. Nothing will go wrong okay?” says Rosé.

 

“Yah,” Lisa called.

 

Rosé turned to Lisa and smiles. She hugs Lisa tight. She knows Lisa wants to cry so bad but she also wanted to appear strong in front of her. “I don’t know what to remind you since the unnies did it all. Just one thing I have to say. Hang our photos in a frame inside your room so that you’ll be reminded that you have some hot beautiful families as well here in Korea,” Lisa speaks to her ears.

 

Rosé chuckles and nods before they broke the hug.

 

“Jiyeon-ah,” Rosé called. “Don’t you want to hug your mommies? You will not meet them for a long time you know? You will miss them a lot,” she said.

“I don’t want to bid farewell,” Jiyeon cried.

 

Jennie kneeled down and put her hands on Jiyeon’s shoulder. “Don’t cry, baby. We’ll meet each other again in the near future okay? Mommy Lili, Mommy Jichu and I will never forget you. You will always be in our heart. If we have time, we will come to meet you. If we don’t have time, ask your Mommy to bring you here, okay?” Jennie said. Jiyeon nods crying and hugs Jennie before she went to hug Lisa and Jisoo as well.

 

“Take care, Chaeyoung-ah,” Jisoo said for the last time.

 

Rosé nods. She heavily turns away from the girls while holding Jiyeon’s hand. She slowly walks away from the girls.

 

“Jiyeon-ah.”

 

Rosé stops. She slowly turns her back to see Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo also turns looking at the back, in the same direction as her.

 

“Daddy!!”

 

Jiyeon cried and running towards Jungkook who was standing with tears flows from his eyes while V behind his back standing stealthily. Jungkook immediately kneels down and catch Jiyeon into his hug.

 

“How could you not wait for me?” Jungkook whispers into Jiyeon’s ears but loud enough for Rosé to hear. Jiyeon cried harder. “I’m going to be very sad if you leave without saying goodbye to me.” Jungkook caressing Jiyeon’s hair.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, let’s go,” Rosé called.

 

Jungkook look up to Rosé. He broke the hug with Jiyeon, stands up and walks towards Rosé slowly while holding hands with his daughter. He stops right in front of Rosé, smiling towards her.

 

“I guess I really has no chance yeah?” he said. Rosé didn't respond. “Can I at least wait for your flight here with you?” he asks.

 

“You’ll only make it hard for Jiyeon,” Rosé said.

 

Jungkook nods, understand. He turns to Jiyeon beside him and lift her up. He kisses both her cheeks and forehead, “I’ll send you up until here okay?” he said as he puts Jiyeon back down.

 

“Come and visit me,” Jiyeon told Jungkook. He nods.

 

Jungkook looks back at Rosé in front of him. He hold her face softly and plant a kiss on her forehead before immediately hugs her tight.

 

“I will never forget you again from now on,” he whispers into her ears.

 

***

 

“Can I ask you something?” V speaks up while driving as he took a glance at Jungkook who is staring out at the window from his seat blankly.

 

“Hm.”

 

“Why did you call her Pasta back then?” V asks.

 

“That was what everyone calls her back then. She loves to eat pasta so much. She can even eat it every day. I keep calling her Pasta that I even forget her real name,” he said slowly. He closes his eyes. V could see the tears forms in his eyes that he has been holding.

 

“That explains why you couldn’t remember her,” V said.

 

Jungkook sighed.

 

“I was wrong when I said she was an easy girl, V. She wasn’t an easy girl,” Jungkook said.

 

“Why did you force her then? I thought you said you really love her?” V asks again. He was so curious because he couldn’t care less what Jungkook had done in the past. He was so into studying.

 

“It was a bet I made with my friends,” Jungkook look at V. “They were provoking me saying that I’m not a man for not laying a hands on Chaeyoung even after two years being together. Being an egoist man as I am, I was triggered. I really don’t like an easy girl, V. But I totally forgot that I was forcing her that time, not because she was willing. I was too blinded by the fact that I won the bet over my friends. That’s why I left her after I slept her. I never thought that she got pregnant. I ignored her when she was begging me not to leave,” Jungkook cried himself.

 

V feel sad for Jungkook. He has never seen Jungkook being so serious with anyone before. He has never seen Jungkook shed tears for any girl before. He really felt his heartbreak. V pull out napkins from inside his pocket and pass it to Jungkook.

 

“You know what? I don’t know about your Pasta back then, but when I first see Ms. Chaeyoung at the café, I can tell that she is a nice woman. I believe that one day she will truly forgive and accept you again. You just have to try harder. Find ways to trigger her heart to open for you again,” V said, silently.

 

Jungkook turns looking at him.

 

“There’s no way she’ll open her heart for me again, V,” he replied.

 

V slightly smiled.

 

“How did you know if you don’t try?”