Chap 28

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER XXVII

 

The only thing I need now is you.

 

 

Rosé really wanted to know everything but she controlled herself from asking. Let Jungkook tell her. She won’t asked a thing.

 

“Hm,” she replied shortly as to what Jungkook was saying.

 

“Because of my mom,” he said silently.

 

Rosé slowly turns to look at him. She can see crystal water forming inside his eyes from her seat. But Jungkook still put on a smile on his lips.

 

“She used to be a pub girl before she married my dad. She is very pretty. Even when she gets older, she gets even prettier. But, her behaviour is not as pretty as her face,” Rosé sees Jungkook quickly wipes away the tears that has been flowing through his cheeks. “She cheated my dad with another guy and left him even when he begs her to stay. I witnessed my dad’s being heart broken. That was right after I left you. I was too mad at my mom that I didn’t even care about your feelings that time. I jump into conclusion that you’re no different with my mom especially when I was provoked by my friends to sleep with you and you did. I didn’t think that you were actually forced by me. Not because you were willing.”

 

“You were provoked?” Rosé asked.

 

Jungkook nods.

 

“I thought that other women should also know how it feels to get broken hearted. The closest to me that time was you. And my friends were provoking me saying that I wasn’t manly enough for not touching you even after two years. I was triggered. Especially when I think about my mom’s doing to my dad. So I thought, I could satisfy both my anger and revenge towards mom and refute what my friends were saying,” he told.

 

“Am I a victim then? Is that why you left?” Rosé asked again. She was so hurt hearing the truth. She can’t believe she was being treated like an object.

 

“You were never a victim. Part of myself, I admit I slept with you because of my selfishness. But another part of it was because I really love you,” Jungkook puts his hand on Rosé’s hand. But she pulled away. “I didn’t mean what I said to you. I said those things out of anger. How can I left someone I already slept with? You are my responsibility. I didn’t mean to leave,” he anxiously trying to convince Rosé.

 

“But you did.”

 

Jungkook pull off by the roadside. He left out a heavy sigh. He turns facing Rosé who is looking out the window.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah,” Jungkook called.

 

He grab Rosé’s hand and put it in his hand. Rosé tries to pull away but Jungkook won’t let go. Rosé turns back and glares at Jungkook.

 

“Have you ever think that if you didn’t leave, I wouldn’t feel this hurt? This thing between us won’t happened?” Rosé sobs.

 

He unbuckled his seatbelt and pulls Rosé into a hug. He hug her tightly. Rosé pushed him away softly. She walked out from the car and stand facing the beach by the roadside. Jungkook followed her. He stand behind her.

 

“I have so many unanswered questions,” Rosé said.

 

Jungkook hug her from behind gently. “I can listen and answer to you forever,” he whispers.

 

“Why did you left, Jungkook? Why can’t you recognize the pub girl Chaeyoung is the same person you slept with if you really love me back then?” Rosé asked, sobbing.

 

Jungkook loosen the hug. He turns Rosé to face him. He wipes away Rosé’s tears and pull her into a hug again.

 

“I was afraid,” he said. “I was afraid that you might hate me if I stay after what I’ve done. I came back to looked after you after that but people say that you left. You’re no longer here. I thought, you must be the same with the others. You just want to sleep me and since you managed to get me, you left. But I was wrong. I didn’t realized that you refused when I forced you,” Jungkook repeat what he says. “Realizing it later after a few years won’t make any changes to it. So I wanted to fix what I’ve done. But I couldn't recognize you anymore. You’re totally different from what I know about you in high school. Especially when I met you at the bar. The Chaeyoung I know at school were very quiet and humble. She hates makeups the most. She hates noisy places. She hates y dresses. But it’s totally different with the Chaeyoung I met at the bar. I didn’t see my pasta in Chaeyoung at the bar,” Jungkook pull off from the hug.

 

Rosé looks at him with teary eyes.

 

“But I see my pasta in Chaeyoung I met a year ago and Chaeyoung that is standing in front of me now,” he said.

 

Rosé turns facing the sea.

 

“Daddy,” they were interrupted by Jiyeon who just woke up. Rosé and Jungkook turns around. Jiyeon opens the door and walks outside. “It’s so hot inside the car,” Jiyeon pouted.

 

“Did you turn off the engine?” Rosé asked, anxiously.

 

“No, I didn’t!” Jungkook exclaimed.

 

Jungkook rushed towards the driver seat to find out that the engine was turned off. He tried to start the engine again but it won’t .

 

“The car broke down.”

 

***

 

“We’re sorry sir. We only have one room that is not occupied,” the receptionist said.

 

Rosé frowns.

 

“Can you check again? Just in case someone cancelled their booking,” Rosé requested.

 

“It’s the school holiday season so all the rooms are fully booked. You’re lucky someone just cancelled their booking 15 minutes ago. If not, there will be no rooms available,” the receptionist smiled.

 

“Let’s just get it. It’s the 3rd hotel already. Jiyeon is also already tired,” Jungkook persuade Rosé.

 

“You don’t have to worry. The room is big enough for your family. We can send extra bed if you need,” the receptionist interrupted.

 

Jungkook gave Rosé a convincing look.

 

“Okay,” she sighed and said. Jungkook smile and settle down with the checking in while Rosé waits at lounge with Jiyeon.

 

“Let’s go!” Jungkook said after finished with the checking in. He picks up Rosé‘s and Jiyeon’s bag and brings them to the room.

 

The room is quite big although it is not a family room but there is only one bed. Rosé lays on the bed, exhausted. She was about to close her eyes when she suddenly remembers that Lisa told her to inform if anything happened.

 

“I don’t know if she’s a photographer or fortune teller,” Rosé mumbled as she stand up from the bed and walks to the balcony while trying to call Lisa.

 

“Yes?” Lisa answered.

 

“Thank you for joking with me this morning, I’m stuck here for the night,” Rosé sneered.

 

Lisa laughed out loud over the phone.

 

“It’s okay, Chae. Make use of this time to talk to each other okay,” said Lisa. Little did she know, they already talked to each other.

 

“Hm- I’ll talk to you again later. Pray that the car will be okay by tomorrow. We still have a lot of work waiting,” Rosé replied before ended the call.

 

“Who are you calling?” Jungkook suddenly came from behind her. Rosé turns back.

 

“Lisa. Telling her I’m not going back tonight,” she told Jungkook.

 

He nods, understand.

 

“Jiyeon is playing water in the bathtub. I’m going out for a while to buy some food for us. Do you want to eat anything?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Oh- you’re going alone? Why not we just go out together and eat outside?” Rosé suggested.

 

“Yeah, sure we can do that. But Jiyeon might want to play a little longer in the bathroom,” Jungkook smiles.

 

Rosé nods.

 

“Okay then. I’m okay with anything,” Rosé said.