Chap 5

Certificate of a Daughter

CHAPTER V

 

I did not regret of leaving, I regret of not giving enough when staying.

 

 

“Who?” Lisa asks as the three girls came to her table. Lisa had just finished her photo shoot for the café they’re dining in.

“My client,” Rosé shortly answered.

“He looks familiar though,” Lisa mumbled.

“He did right?” Jennie smile cynically.

“Should we order now? Jisoo unnie texted telling that she’s gonna be late and we should order first,” Rosé changed the topic.

“When did I text you, Chaeyoung-shi?” Jisoo who just came interrupted, chuckling and took a sit beside Lisa.

“Oh- unnie! When did you come?” Rosé startled.

“Look at her changing the topic. Never mind, girls. Let’s order now,” Jennie cut off the conversation.

Jennie took the menu and pass it to Jiyeon.

“Order lots, honey. Chaeyoung’s paying,” Jennie chuckled.

“Yeay Chae’s treat!” Lisa exclaimed.

“Hey! Who’s the owner of clothing boutique huh? Who’s the multitalented freelance photographer that now works outside of country too now? Who owns a lavish and well-decorated pastries café’s? I owns none of the above. I am sadly just a creative planner for just two years. With my salary, I could not even afford to feed myself,” Rosé pouted.

“I didn’t say anything though,” Jisoo silently talked.

Both Jennie and Lisa laugh loudly.

“Calm down! I’ll pay okay. Besides, I have something good to inform,” says Lisa.

“Okay, keep it for later. Let’s order first and then we’ll talk. I’m starving~!” Rosé rubs her tummy.

***

“Where is it? I swear I put it in here,” Rosé mumbled alone.

*tok!* *tok!* *tok!*

Someone knocked on Rosé’s working table. She looks up to the person standing beside her. Her eyebrows twitch.

“You okay?” Rosé’s workmate, Jin rebuke her.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” she replied, still busying looking for something in her handbag.

“What are you looking for?” Jin asks again.

“My phone. I’ve been looking for a while, but couldn’t find it,” she sigh, looking at Jin.

“Maybe you left it somewhere? You went out right this morning?” Jin took a guess.

“I believe I’ve put it in my bag,” Rosé sigh again.

“Why don’t you try to remember again what happened this morning? Or you might want to go back to the café you went this morning. Just in case,” Jin suggested.

“Right? I could be misplaced it and didn’t notice right?” Rosé questioned Jin over again with a confused look.

Jin chuckled.

“Don’t forget to thank me later when you found it!” says Jin, walks to his table.

Rosé smiles. “Thanks Jin!”

“Oh- with lunchbox of course. Nothing comes free hoho,” Jin’s excited.

Rosé narrowed her eyes and chuckled.

“Rosé-shi, please come to my room.”

Rosé’s startled by the instruction from her superior through the intercom. She slowly got up and walk to the superior’s room.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

“Yes, come in please,” she heard the order from inside of the superior’s room and walk inside.

“Is there any problem?” Rosé asks.

“Well, technically yes,” her superior shortly answered.

“What kind of problem?” Rosé feels nervous in her heart.

“Our client, Mr. Jungkook would like you to go meet him at his office. He said that he’s not satisfied with your suggestion but does not mention exactly the dissatisfaction,” Rosé’s superior said.

“He didn’t even said a word during the discussion,” Rosé mumbled alone.

“Sorry?”

“No, nothing! Sorry, I was distracted for a while. It’s okay, I’ll meet him tomorrow,” Rosé told her superior, slightly smiling.

“He wants you to come now.”