Messy Vows

A Matter of Messy Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
13 Messy Vows  

In exactly two days, Wonyoung and Naesang successfully reached out to everyone and officialize a group meeting at Chaewon’s stunt academy. Since it was everyone else’s but Chungha’s day off, the Director kindly lend the private place to the four sets of families. In her office, on the second floor, Chungha peeks down below to a tense atmosphere. Despite the meeting being at 3 PM, the Doctor and Judge have both arrived 15 minutes earlier. 

On the maple floor, a long metal table with six seats on each longer ends has been set for the purpose of the gathering. And currently occupying those seats are Minju and Wonyoung. Sitting diagonally from each other. 

“You must be Kim Minju,” Wonyoung begins to kill the awkward silence. “I’m Jang Wonyoung. A judge at Seoul Family Court.” She introduces herself with a small nod of the head. 

Minju, lean back and arms folded, purses her lips, “And how are you a part of this?” 

“Ah,” Wonyoung flinches slightly, taken aback by Minju’s tone, “I’m Chaewon’s cousin. My dad and Yujin’s father gave us their approval but—”

“But they’re both promised to me, right?” Minju asks bluntly. 

The taller nods, hesitantly. Briefly, she understands why Chaewon always talks ill of Minju. The lass isn’t exactly a ray of sunshine. “That’s right. And whatever you decide, whether to marry Chaewon or Yujin, I ask that you treat them well as they’re both important to me.” 

Minju side-eye Wonyoung, “Whatever I decide? I didn’t know everyone would just go along with whatever I want.” 

In the few words that they’ve exchanged, Wonyoung can tell Minju isn’t an easy one. Simply because she doesn’t care. Smiling, Wonyoung assures the second woman, “Your final decision will solve the root of our affairs. Since you’re the only one in a position to choose between Chaewon and Yujin. I, on the other hand, don’t have much of a choice.”

“Why don’t you have a choice if I choose Chaewon?” 

Wonyoung widens her eyes, “You’re choosing my cousin?” 

“Chose,” Minju states as she corrects the taller woman, “I’m not interested in anyone else.” 

To hide her happiness, Wonyoung quickly straightens up in her seat and calmly clears . Then she tries to think of other things when Minju’s words kept ringing in the back of her head. It’s great news that Minju has already made up her mind and at the moment, Wonyoung actually sees herself admiring Minju. As long as she can get past Minju’s coconut-like shell, she’s convinced the lass and she can get along. 

“If you don’t mind me asking. What do you like about my cousin?” 

Minju says nothing as she ponders the question. After some time she shortly replies, “She’s honest.” 

Wonyoung her head, more intrigued than curious, “Honest?” 

The Doctor hums, “To the point of foolishness.” 

Wonyoung’s face lights up with a proud smile, “It is foolish but also very charming, don’t you think? Not only is she truthful to others but also to herself.”

Minju hums again. “She’s not like everyone I know. My own parents, friend, fellow workers, and underlings all wear masks. Kim Chaewon...doesn’t.” 

As Minju finishes her sentence, in the distance they hear someone approaching. Someone loud and in strong denial. 

“I told you it’s not what you think—” Chaewon immediately zips it the moment she and Yujin enter the building and locks gazes with the seated. “Oh, Wonyoungie,” Chaewon smiles and waves. The Judge flashes her an eye smile and gestures for them to come in. 

Chaewon stops in her step when she sees the back of Minju’s head. She wonders if she and Yujin had been a bit too loud for the lass. Puffing out her cheeks, she cautiously hurries over to Wonyoung. Meanwhile, Yujin enters last and goes to sit across from Minju. 

In the chair next to Wonyoung, Chaewon whispers, “What’s this? It’s only been you and her in here?” 

Her cousin beams with a shake of her head, “Your boss is in her office. My parents should be on their way. What about your dad? I don’t see him with you.” 

Chaewon shrugs, “He said he had an errand to run so for me to come first and cover for him. But how come none of the adults are here yet?” 

This time, Wonyoung raises her shoulders in uncertainty, “I’m not sure. I expected Mr. Ahn to be here first but when I came in, it was just Minju. You know, she’s not that bad.” 

Chaewon chews the bottom of her lip momentarily, “She’s okay now that we’ve run into each other a few times. You should have seen her when I first met her,” Chaewon rolls her eyes, before lowering her whisper, “she was a witch.” 

As a Judge, the tallest knows there are always multiple sides to a story. Also, first impressions aren’t reliable. However, she isn’t sure how she could help Chaewon see them. So while they whisper back and forth, they’ve become oblivious to the tense atmosphere on the other end and far side of the table. 

Yujin’s hands are clasp together on top of the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter