Rescuer?

A Matter of Messy Vows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
02 Rescuer?  

Believing the abhorrent conversation is over, Minju tries to leave first. However, she couldn’t get far when the oldest of the bunch stops her.

“I do like her. I treat all of my patients as my significant other and family. I don’t pick and choose my battles as you do. Everyone who walks through my door is fighting and it is my job to help them. Be it minor, major, extreme or not extreme. They’re all fighting to live comfortably. So who am I to refuse them help and support when they came to me for those reasons?”

With a breathy sigh, Eunbi finishes, “It’s free to be nice, Minju, primarily to patients. Try it some time,”

 

Back in her office, Minju tosses her white jacket into her chair making it creaks. Then she stands facing the large, spotless glass windows. Staring through, she folds her arms and tries to control her breathing. The talk with Eunbi has left an unwanted fire in her chest. To her dismay, the sight of stagnant traffic only further annoys her.

She hates rush hour. Impatient people always get hurt during those hours, and they are nasty patients to deal with.

Behind her, her friend and fellow doctor quietly slip into one of the seats provided for the sick. After a long minute of silence between them, the second woman decides to speak up.

“No matter how rude you are, why fight with our Senior when you obviously can’t win?”

Minju exhales sharply through her nose, then enlighten Cardiologist Kriesha Chu a second later, “Fight? You already know that I think fighting is childish. What Eunbi and I have is a clash of opinions and differences. We’re not fighting,”

Kriesha bobs her head and hums sarcastically, “If you say so. But have you noticed? You two have never gotten along in high school and university. Do you two really think that differently?”

Minju frowns then in an accusation tone retorts, “You think I unreasonably hate her?”

The lass with reddish-brown hair widens her eyes and blows out hot air through her lips, “You tend to jump to conclusions. I know you have your own reasons but you’re not sharing them so how am I supposed to know? There are people out there who hate just to hate,”

Scoffing in disbelief, Minju breaks the cross of her arms to retrieve her jacket.

“Unbelievable,” she mutters as she leaves the room, clutching her outerwear.

“Where are you going? Hey, Kim Minju!” ignored, Kriesha can only sigh in defeat. Sinking into the seat for a moment, the lass whispers to herself, “Wait. Did she just admit she jumps to conclusions and hate Dr. Kwon? She usually storms out when she’s been proven wrong. She’s done that in the past when our Professor approved of my answer over hers,”

Cocking her head to the side, Kriesha clicks her tongue as she becomes lost in thoughts.

 

Chaewon slaps the note onto the whiteboard, expecting it to stick. But when it peels itself off and falls to the ground, the lass breaks a sweat in embarrassment. Even in front of her boss, Kim Chungha, the Doctor’s note isn’t saving her any face today.

When she hears a sigh—sharp enough to cut through metal—escapes her boss’s lips, the lass scurries to pick up the paper, dust it of invisible dirt, and smoothes it out before and on top of her boss’s desk.

“Director,” Chaewon begins, “can’t I be exempt from this job. I seriously can’t work with this actress again. She’s a nutjob!”

The woman with bold black hair and strong facials eyes Chaewon briefly. Due to her daring appearances, no one dares to go against her. Except for Chaewon, who is her favorite student.

On top of the table, the sitter breaks her clasped hands and reaches for the note. Once it’s clip between her fingers, she scans the pretty penmanship on it. “‘Given the state of patient’s condition, she shouldn’t be overwork’,” the woman reads aloud before setting it down onto her table, “This time the handwriting is new. How well connected are you with the hospital’s staff? Is the chairman your long lost family or something?”

Chaewon smiles, proudly, “It feels like it doesn’t it?”

The dark-haired woman heaves a sigh and reclines all the way back into her chair.

“Fine. Even without this note, I was going to give you another task anyway. One you won’t refuse,”

Chaewon blinks. Her Director is the only woman who can make her heart race with a few lines.

“Is it Jo Yuri?!” Chaewon shouts, not bothering to hide her excitement. The other nod, causing Chaewon to go on, “She’s back in Seoul?! From Hollywood?!”

For the first time, ever since her entrance, the Director is seen with a soft smile on her face. “And cast in another thriller film. The director of the project and Jo Yuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter