Nothing Left To Fear

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

I regain slight consciousness, I can’t open my eyes because I feel really sleepy and slightly tired. I feel myself lying on my stomach, and oh how comfortable it feels. I’m about to doze off again when I feel something gentle gliding down my bare right arm, my head is facing the left so I don’t know what it is. But, somewhere deep down I know it’s Naraku. I then feel silky strands brushing against my arm, I’m assuming it’s his long wavy hair. Then a gentle kiss on my shoulder, the kiss sending slight goosebumps through me. I close my eyes and delve into this moment of gentleness, although sleepy, I force myself to lift my head and turn it to the other side. I force my drowsy eyes to open slightly, dim light is coming through the window, how different it feels than last night when the two of us were in the dark. I see a slight blurry image of Naraku sitting beside me bare in the natural light, his long black hair covering a part of of his torso while the blanket covers his bottom half. He’s gazing down at me with his beautiful red eyes, his left hand them comes up and tucks a strand of my messy hair behind my ear.

“What time is it?” I ask him quietly.

“Dawn has just approached, get some more rest.” He replies just as quiet.

I nod my head and my eyelids falls close again, I feel so safe with him beside me. No sooner, I fall asleep again. I open my eyes to the morning sun shining in through now, it’s so bright that I have to squint my eyes slightly. I sit up slowly and I rub my eyes to wake myself up, I feel my mind being a bit out of it and I remember that last night Naraku and I made love to each other. I smile at the memory, to be able to wake up and remember the one you love is precious. I look around the room, Naraku isn’t in the room. It’s still quite early in the morning, I wonder where he is. I stand up and I wrap the blanket around my body, since this castle is uninhabited aside from Naraku and I, I don’t think it’s such a big deal if I wear my kimomo or not. I open the sliding door of the room and I step out, I walk along the long hallway till I come upon a large room that has a sliding door and a veranda. I walk outside and I see the tall mountains in the distance and the blue sky above, the fresh air fills my lungs and I smile. I look from left to right and I finally see him, Naraku is sitting on the wooden veranda looking out. He has his bottom attire on but his top is bare, his long black hair falls behind him and his bangs sways. I smile as I see him, the demon that I love. I walk over to him, and he turns his head to look at me as I draw closer. His expression is soft and his eyes shone, as I near him I kneel down and sit beside him. I haven’t seen his face since last night and to see it now in a new sun, he looks absolutely flawless.

“What are you doing out here by yourself?” I ask him.

“I wanted to look at the mountains and the sky, I don’t think I looked at them properly since I was resurrected the second time because so many things were happening that I had no time to.” Naraku replies.

“Yes, a lot of things has happened to us that we forgot the beauty of nature. Now, it’s over so we can finally admire it. Let’s look at the mountains and the sky together.” I tell him.

Naraku smiles and opens his strong arms, I then turn slightly and I lean back against his chest and he wraps his arms around me and holds me close. I can hear his quiet breathing above me, he rests his chin beside my temple. His long hair tickling my bare arm, the two of us just look out together in silence for a while. I then hold out my left arm and spread my fingers out towards the empty space in front of us.

“This reminds me so much of that day when we sat out here together after the first time of making love and looked at the sky, how precious.” I say remembering.

“To know you finally remember us... it’s everything to me.” Naraku answers me.

He takes his left arm and his hand holds my left hand in his, his large hand encasing mine within. 

“You’re wearing the bracelet.” Naraku says.

I look at our wrists, yes, I am. We both are, the red bamboo bracelet wrapped around both of our left wrists. Although they are not strings, but to Naraku and I, they are the red string of fate that connects the two of us together.

“Of course, Sesshomaru gave it to me when I told him that I fell in love with you again despite losing my memories. The bracelet helped me regain all of my memories, I gave this bracelet to Nuwa to revive you and I finally got it back.” I tell him.

“To see you wearing it again, means so much to me. To be able to hold you again like this has been a wish of mine ever since, thank you for coming back to me.” Naraku whispers besides my ear.

I take his hand and I give it a gentle squeeze, I then remember something. I sit up slightly and I turn to look at Naraku, his crimson eyes flickers to mine.

“What is it____________?” He asks me slightly curious.

“Before I lost my memories, Nuwa told me something.” I tell him.

“What was it?” He asks me darting from one of my eye to the other with his.

“The goddess Nuwa told me that I was pregnant, I’m pregnant with our child Naraku.” I say with a smile.

Naraku’s eyes slightly widens as he hears that, but then he smiles. I haven’t seen a smile like this in so long, he looks truly happy. He takes my hand and he holds them tightly with one hand, the other caresses my cheek.

“Is it true? You’re pregnant with our child?” He asks me.

“Yes, the mother goddess told me herself. I’m about a month in by now I believe.” I tell him rummaging through my memories.

“That’s wonderful____________.” Naraku says.

He then leans in and his lips captures mine, I can feel the joy and passion in this kiss. I return it with mine, I release his lips and I rest my forehead against his.

“Now that I’m pregnant, are you ready to start a family with me Naraku? Are you ready to live out our lives together now?” I ask him and bringing up our promises.

“I am, I can’t bear to lose you again. Our child will soon enter this world and I want us to be there to raise it together. I’ll fulfill our promises, no more doubts and no more hesitation.” He answers me.

“I’m so glad to hear that Naraku, thank you for keeping your promise to me.” I say quietly.

“But, will your parents accept us? Will your parents accept a demon like me?” Naraku suddenly asks pulling back to look at me.

I’m surprises that Naraku thought about my parents, I would have thought that Naraku would push aside human ethics because he’s a demon. But, I feel happy to know that he has thought about me and my family. Before, I was nervous and scared to tell my parents about Naraku and who he is. But now, I’m not anymore. I’ve been through so much to get to where I am now, Naraku and I have both been through so much just to keep each other safe and to preserve our love for each other. Naraku has promised to live out our lives together, but in order for that to happen, I’ll have to tell my parents about us and convince them that Naraku is the one. Of course, there’s the possibility that they will reject Naraku and my love, but I don’t think I’ll be letting Naraku go again for the fourth time. If push comes to shove, I will leave behind my youthful years and follow Naraku. I can’t stand losing him again, if there’s no other choice then that will be my last decision. I look at Naraku and I take one of my hand and rests against his smooth cheek as well.

“No matter what happens, I’m going to be with you Naraku. I’ll tell my parents about us and convince them to accept our love if they don’t. I’ll do everything I can for us and for our future, are you willing to trust me?” I ask him looking into his eyes.

“Of course I will, and I always will.” He replies.

I smile and I wrap my arms around his neck, I pull myself into him and I kiss him. Naraku reciprocates with a gentle caress of his lips, I pull away and I rest my head next to his as I hug him. I can feel his bare chest against mine and I can feel his pulse, he’s alive and he’s here.

“Thank you Naraku, let’s set off back to my home later.” I say.

“Whenever you’re ready my love.” He replies.

I smile and I hold him close, Naraku’s arms wraps around my back and waist as I sit in his lap. The two of us sat on the veranda in the early morning in each other’s arms as we live in this moment of serenity. Naraku and I spend the morning and afternoon together, then when afternoon ended Naraku flies the two of us back to the cherry blossom tree so that I can retrieve Boshi. The two of us walk through the forest, the ground beneath our feet crunches and snaps from the branches. Finally we see Boshi still tied to the tree that I left him at, I walk up to him and untie him and I guide him back to Naraku. I his mane and I look at Naraku.

“A half day of travelling till we return to my home, reminds me so much of when I would come visit you here every 2 days or so.” I say to Naraku with a nostalgic smile.

“Indeed, you never found it pointless to come here. You always kept me company and showed me what life has to offer, now, we live life side by side.” He says.

“You’re absolutely right Naraku.” I reply.

The two of us get onto Boshi together and with a snap of his reigns, the three of us head home. I’m in the front and Naraku is behind me, both of our hands holding tightly onto the reigns with his holding mine. Boshi’s hooves tramples on the ground and the wind picks up, our hair brushing against our skin. Naraku’s face is right beside mine, I can hear his steady breathing next to me and I smile.

The afternoon sun follows us and light our way as we race across the open field, the world seem to brush pass us as we ride. Naraku’s body is so close to mine, just knowing that he’s here comforts me and makes me feel safe. Afternoon soon ends and evening arrives. It’s been almost half a year since I last been home, but the surroundings are all still familiar. As we near the town, Naraku and I hop off of Boshi. We stand on the outskirt of town looking at the lively village, the evening light giving the world a dim orange glow. My right hand is holding onto Boshi’s reigns, a lot of thoughts are going through my mind. I said that I’m not scared anymore and that I will stand for our love, but I’m still nervous about what my parent’s reactions will be. I bit my lips in anticipation and nervousness, suddenly something cool takes hold on my left hand that has scrunched into a fist without my knowledge. I feel my fear disperse as I look at what is is, it’s Naraku’s hand. I look back up at him, he’s standing right beside me. His red glowing eyes gazing at me with gentleness, they calm my heart and mind. I smile.

“Don’t be afraid, I’ll be right here and I won’t be going anywhere. Be confident and fight for what you believe in.” He tells me caressing my cheek with his other.

I smile and I lean my head towards him and rest my forehead against his shoulder, the silk fabric of his kimono brushes against my skin as I hold his hand.

“You’re right, as long as I have you Naraku... I won’t be afraid. Let’s go.” I say with determination.

I pull back and look at him, he shows me a smile and a nod. With our hands in each others, the three of us head towards town. I guide the three of us back to my estate, the place hasn’t changed at all in these few months. I take Boshi to the stable and then I stand in the front gate with Naraku.

“You ready?” I ask him.

“As long as you are.” He replies.

I then step beyond the gate and towards the entrance of my house, there are 2 housekeepers outside. They seem surprised to see me but they bowed to me in greetings.

“Lady__________, you’re back, we weren’t expecting your return for another month or so.” One of them asks me.

“Yes, well, change of plans I suppose. It’s nice to see you all again, are my parents home? I have some things to discuss with them.” I ask them.

“We’re happy to have you back again, of course they are. Please come inside.” The other guard says opening the door.

“Thank you.” I reply back.

I take Naraku’s hand and I guide him inside, the two guards looked at Naraku. I can tell that they can sense something different about him, I mean his eyes are obvious but when they are not glowing brightly and in the evening light, they don’t seem that peculiar. Perhaps it’s his aura, regardless to me, I don’t see him as a demon, he’s just special. I enter into my estate and I look around the lit room, nothing has changed. 3 maids greets me with slight surprise same as the housekeepers outside.

“My lady, welcome back, we didn’t expect you to be back in about another month or so.” One of them says.

“Yes, the housekeepers outside had the same response.” I reply with a smile.

“And if you don’t mind me asking lady____________, who is this... young lord here?” Another one asks looking at Naraku who’s standing beside me.

“This is Naraku, he is someone important to me. In fact, I came home early because I have something to talk to my parents about. Can one of you go get my parents?” I ask them after introducing Naraku broadly.

“Yes of course, we’re preparing dinner at the moment, please have a seat at the table and enjoy a dinner together.” The third maid says gesturing us to the eating hall.

“Thank you, and thank you for your hard work in these few months.” I say to them with a smile.

“It’s nothing to thank us for, we’re proud to be serving in this household.” The first maid says with a bow.

The second maid then head down to get my parents, the other two guides us to the eating hall. The large table still stands in the middle of the room with the mats around it, food has just started to come out.

“This must be pretty uncomfortable for you isn’t it?” I ask Naraku.

“Not at all, I was half human once so I understand the human customs. Even if it is uncomfortable, I would endure it for you.” He replies with a gentle smile.

Naraku’s right hand comes over and holds my left hand, I turn my hand over and lace our fingers together. I take a deep breath and calm my heart and mind, I’ll stand strong for us. We waited about a minute or two when the sliding door opens, the two of us look over and my parents comes in. They’re eyes goes wide slightly as they see me, but then a smile laces their faces.

“____________, you’re back!” My mother says with joy.

“Hello mother, father, I’m back.” I say standing up and bowing to them.

Naraku stands up as well and give both of them a bow with his head, my parents look at him and gives a slight bow in return. They look slightly wary of him, and I understand. His eyes aren’t normal, and he gives off a strong aura, but I can tell that my parents are trying to keep their wariness hidden.

“It’s good to have you back__________, it’s been almost forever since you left with Kagome and the others. Please sit down and let’s have dinner.” My father says.

They still look the same except their age seem to be catching on, especially when their daughter has been living somewhere else for 5 months or so, worry and stress must have kept them company. The four of us all sit down.

“I heard from the maids that you have something to talk to your father and I about. But before that, who is this young man beside you?” My mother asks me.

“Father, mother, this is Naraku.” I introduce him to them.

“It’s a pleasure to be in your presence.” Naraku says.

“Yes, likewise... I have to say, your eyes are quite...unique, if you don’t mind me asking, were you born with them?” My father says.

“Yes, I was born with them.” Naraku replies.

“Mother, father, what I wanted to talk to you both for is about Naraku and I.” I say.

“Oh, and what is it that you need to discuss with us?” My father asks.

“It sounds pretty serious. My mother adds.

I take a a deep breath, Naraku’s hand finds mine under the table. Feeling his hand gives me confidence and strength.

“Naraku and I are in love with one another, and I’m here to ask for your blessings.” I tell them.

“Well, Naraku doesn’t seem like a bad person, although we don’t know him well but why do you seem so anxious?” My mother asks me.

“Because he’s not human... Naraku’s a demon.” I finally tell them.

Their eyes goes wide slightly, but they weren’t as shocked as I thought they would be.

“We knew that he was different but we didn’t thought he was a demon. How on earth did you fall in love with a demon?” My father asks me with slight concern in his voice.

I take a deep breath and I prepare myself, here comes the explanation and ugly part, but I would tell them everything that they want to know and I’ll convince them to accept Naraku. Naraku gives my hand a squeeze and I look at him, his red eyes burns into mine.

“If you’ll excuse me, I’ll give you some privacy.” Naraku says to them.

He then looks back at me, I can tell that this conversation may go on a sour note. I think it’s better if Naraku doesn’t hear this part because I know that there’s going to be a lot of convincing to do and I don’t want Naraku to hear how they view him. I give him a nod in understanding, he’s not abandoning me to face this alone. He’s giving me the space that I need so that I can tell my parents everything about us, the good and the bad and the independence and persistence that I can find only in the most desperate of times. He understands that this is a family discussion and in the end, it’s up to me. Naraku stands up and exits out of the room, the door closes behind him and I take a deep breath. I turn back to my parents.

“It’s love father, love has no boundaries or steps. It’s not how I fell in love with Naraku, it just happened. Yes he is a demon and demons are usually seen in a bad light but I believe that they can change, as long as if they have a heart to live off of.” I tell them.

“If Naraku is a human like us then this discussion may be easier and smoother to come to a conclusion. But we know nothing about him or his kind_____________, they could be hiding something behind their outer appearance.” My mother says.

“I understand your concerns but I’ve known Naraku since a long time ago, the him then and the him now are still the same. He’s not hiding anything. Yes he is a demon but he is no different than us in appearance aside from his eyes, and even if he does have another form he has never shown it.” I tell them.

“But he’s a demon, it’s in his blood. Demons kill, they are not humans like us. What if his demonic blood loses control and lashes out? What if he hurts you one day?” My father asks me.

“Yes, he’s a demon by blood but he’s no different than us humans. Demons kill and so do humans, but why are we more harsh on demons than we are on humans? It’s because we don’t understand them or make the effort to understand them due to how they are looked at. They aren’t humans like us, they are beings that are beyond humanity. Although beyond us but they have feelings and emotions as well, they just have to have someone beside them to show them.. It’s not about if he’s a demon or not in that aspect, it’s all about one’s control and the will to do the right thing. Naraku has changed, he has changed greatly. I believed that at a young age, that everyone should be given a second chance at life, only if they are able to redeem themselves if they haven’t surpassed a certain point. Naraku has been given a second chance at life to change himself and he did, now I’m asking you, mother and father to give Naraku his first chance to have a life with me.” I say to them with slight desperation.

My parents’ brows furrows together, they look conflicted.

“You say that Naraku was given a second chance at life, why was he given a second chance at life and what kind of being was he in his past?” My father interrogates me.

How much more does this have to go on? I feel frustrated, I clench my hands into fists on my lap, and I take a deep breath to explain it. But then suddenly it hits me, what will happen if I tell them about Naraku in the past. The him that killed and lied to gain power, they will never accept him then knowing that he was evil back then. Also, should I tell them that I almost died for Naraku? I begin to feel hesitation and doubts again, should I lie? At this point I feel like just taking Naraku with me and leave. I have to answer them eventually, just as I’m about to open my mouth, a knock is heard on the door. We all turn to look at the entrance, the door slowly slides open and Naraku is standing at the doorway.

“Naraku...” I say his name quietly.

Naraku walks back in and closes the door behind him, he then kneels down beside me once again. What is he doing? Naraku looks back at my parents, he looks confident.

“I’ll tell you who I am and what I was in the past since you are asking, I believe it’s right that I answer the question.” Naraku says.

“Naraku, I can tell them, you don’t have to.” I tell him.

“I know your intentions, but you don’t need to. If you want your parents to accept us, then trust is needed.” Naraku replies back with a subtle smile.

He knew that I was becoming hesitant, he saw through me and had a hint that I might fabricate about his past to my parents so that it won’t make him seem like an evil demon like how they said he might be. He wants to tell my parents everything, and hopefully by telling them his past and showing them the him now, they may come to accept him. When Naraku told me about his past, I listened with an opened mind and heart. I just hope that my parents can listen with an open heart as well. I decide to close my mouth and let Naraku take over.

“Since you have asked who I was in the past, I will tell you. I was a demon born of darkness, dark desires and jealousy, everything that is evil, I was born from them you could say. I was a demon but I had a human half living within me, thus making me a half demon. I was a demon that was born to destroy, kill and gain power, in fact Inuyasha, Kagome and the others were my greatest enemies. They were out to kill me, and they succeeded. It was then that I realized that a greater evil was controlling me and I was just a puppet, it was in death that I became free. It was then that I died 12 years prior, 12 years prior was also the year that I met_____________. Her innocence and bravery has lodged a place somewhere deep in my heart before my death, she wasn’t afraid of me in fact...she told me that my eyes were unique and beautiful. Not wanting her to remember me and remember the evil demon that I was, I erased her memories 12 years ago. After my death, I was revived by a sliver of my remaining soul by miracle. I had no memories of who I was until I met___________ again, she helped me remember who I was and she accepted me and believed in me. I was a demon who didn’t understand love, but she taught me it. Eventually it was our love for one another that made us remember who each other were, since being resurrected, nothing was more important to me than____________. I was a demon who killed and deceived, but____________ understood that it wasn’t me. The me in the past did not matter to her because we fell in love when I was revived with a clean slate, even after remembering who I was, she never left my side and I never lost my love for her. Although I remember my past life but I have never reverted to the me then, because I have____________ to ground me. We have learned the meaning of protecting the things we treasure the most and that is each other, so if I may ask after telling you my life history and the bond between us, do you still stand with your view of us demons being unpredictable viscous beings?” Naraku tells them.

I feel love inside my heart for Naraku after hearing him standing up for us, I can’t help but smile. I turn back to look at my parents, they seem slightly shocked but then they relax their expressions slightly but still laced with indecisiveness.

“Father, mother, you two haven’t lost each other yet, you’re still strong and everyday together is a blessing and a gift. Naraku and I.... we’ve lost each other more than once in the worst possible ways that you can think of, and losing him has became unbearable. I can’t stand to lose him again, can’t you imagine seeing you two in us?” I ask them in a quiet and almost pleading voice.

My parents eyes slightly widens and they look at each other, suddenly the door knocks. We all turn to look at who it is.

“Who is it?” My father asks.

“My lord, a priestess and two of her companions are here to see Lady__________.” A maid replies on the other side.

A priestess? Could it be?

“Let them in.” I say to her.

The door slides open and I see Kagome walk in followed by Miroku and Inuyasha, my eyes goes wide in surprise as I see them. How are they here? And why are they here? Kagome smiles at Naraku and I, Miroku and Inuyasha both gives us a nod with a smile, well, Inuyasha’s more of a smirk with a slight tint of annoyance. Kagome bows to my parents.

“It’s nice to be back here again.” She says.

“Lady Kagome, what brings you, Monk Miroku, and Inuyasha here?” My father asks also surprised.

“Kagome, Miroku, Inuyasha...” Naraku and I both murmur in unison.

“We came here after following the scent of___________, she left in a hurry to go find Naraku a few days ago and we wanted to make sure that she’s alright. Looks like she got herself in a situation here and we’re here to see if we can help this stubborn daughter of yours and Naraku.” Inuyasha says crossing his arms in front of him.

“Help them?” My parents say confused.

Inuyasha... he still hasn’t changed a bit, but I’m glad that they are here, seeing them eases my stress. I wonder how they can help Naraku and I, and help us with what? Kagome and Miroku sits down beside us and Inuyasha sits down slightly to the side of Kagome. Kagome gives me a look and a smile, I then realize that they might be here to help us convince my parents in accepting our relationship.

“We apologize for eavesdropping on this family discussion, but if you don’t mind us stepping in. We can assure you that Naraku is exactly what____________ says he is. He was a demon that we were out to extinguish 12 years prior, and we succeeded. Now that he’s back to life, he has changed for the better with a clean slate.” Miroku tells my parents.

“Naraku was a demon who didn’t know love, but he has since changed and learned what love is and the meaning of treasuring someone, all thanks to______________.” Kagome adds with a smile.

“Your daughter is stubborn and persistent, but due to her stubbornness and persistence. She changed an evil entity into a completely different demon, and it seems like your daughter is the only one who can change Naraku for the better. These two met 12 years prior when__________ was a little girl, then they met 12 years later again after losing memories of each other. They fell in love against all odds, which was a bit surprising to be honest. I don’t know if your daughter has told you or not yet, but Naraku died the second time from protecting her, and__________ gave up her memories of him in order to bring him back to life and almost lost her life from protecting him as well. Sacrifice has been a part of their love more than once. We demons aren’t affected by fate, but for Naraku and___________, we like to believe that for them to be together is fate.” Inuyasha says twitching his dog ears.

I feel grateful for them for standing up for us, I smile to see these people that I’ve become so close to has come to speak for us, acting as our witnesses.

“Indeed, and also, look at Inuyasha, he’s a half human and half demon just like how Naraku was before. Although half human, but he is a demon by birth. You have come to accept him upon meeting us, Naraku is no different in his second chance at life. I suppose what the three of us are here for is to ask you, lord and lady to trust your daughter and her judgements.” Kagome says gently to my parents.

I look at my parents, they look slightly more relaxed now. My heart seem more at ease now as I see my mother give my father’s hand a gentle squeeze, my father looks at my mother and she gives him a nod.

“Father, mother, I don’t know what else I need to tell you or prove to you in order for you to accept Naraku and I. So the only thing I can do now, is to ask you to consider our relationship and give us a chance of happiness together.” I ask them with bow.

“I think we’ve heard enough.” My father says.

I feel myself holding my breath, are they not going to accept us? Then I see my father show a gentle smile.

“After hearing your feelings and the strength behind them, then with your friends as witnesses in this relationship, we see just how important Naraku is to you. Also, your happiness is important to us and a child's happiness is every parent's wish.” My father adds.

“Father...” I say slightly dumbfounded.

“Knowing you dear, even if we say no, you would find ways to be together with Naraku won’t you?” My mother asks with a slight smile.

I feel my face heating up in embarrassment, I slightly take a glance at Kagome and the others. They clear their throats and smile, I glance at Naraku. He has a gentle smile laced on his face, his red eyes from the side glimmers in the light. And I know that deep down and below the embarrassment, I would find ways to be with Naraku only when I have no other choice. I look back at them with a smile, my parents both nod in understanding.

“Since you’re our daughter and coming to understand Naraku’s past and knowing the him now, we will trust you and your judgements, and we will trust that Naraku will protect you and keep you happy. We hope that both of you will be happy in the years to come.” My father says.

I feel a rush of relief and happiness take over me, my vision slightly becomes blurry as I realize that tears are forming. I feel my back giving out and my muscles losing tension, I tip over and Naraku catches me and holds me to him. His hands holds mine as I relax into his embrace.

“____________, are you alright?” Kagome asks me concerned.

“Yea, I just haven’t ate in a while, It’s probably because I’m hungry.” I tell them.

“Dear me, why haven’t you ate?” My mother asks me coming over to me.

“I’m unaware myself but it seem as if she left Kagome’s village in a rush fo find me. She didn't eat anything before coming here.” Naraku says caressing my cheek.

“Then let’s eat, please get another portion of rice and bowls for our three new guests.” My father asks the maid.

Naraku and my mother helps me sit up straight, I guess my body was tense all day due to my worry of my parents not accepting us. They almost didn’t, but if it wasn’t for the reinforcement of Kagome, Inuyasha, and Miroku who came at the time that I needed support, I would have lost it. I suppose my hunger kicked in after everything sunk in, and I guess my pregnancy has caused my body to lose its strength. Now, that my parents has opened up and accepted Naraku and I, one of my biggest worry has now dispersed after a long discussion with emotions attached. The 7 of us sit and eat in peace, my parents gave effort to get to know Naraku a bit more. I was happy to see that, I understand my parents for being concerned about Naraku, but I’m happy that we finally convinced them. After dinner, my parent went to go find the maids and to prepare rooms for Miroku, Inuyasha and Kagome. The 5 of us exit out of the eating hall into the hallway, I stand in front of Inuyasha, Kagome, and Miroku and I give them a sincere bow.

“__________, what are you doing?” Kagome asks me.

“Thank you for coming to find me and helping me to convince my parents to accept Naraku. If it wasn’t for Miroku, Inuyasha and you, I’d think I would still be discussing with them. So thank you, and thank you for all you have done for me and us.” I tell her.

“You’re like a little sister to us, of course we would help you in any way we can no matter what the situation is.” Miroku says.

“That is why I feel a thank you isn’t enough. Such a shame that Sango isn’t here, because then it would be like that day that I met you all 12 years ago.” I tell them.

“Yea, well someone’s gotta take care of the children, and only Sango can.” Inuyasha gives a side glance at Miroku with his arms crossed.

Miroku gives a slight chuckle and a smile.

“Thank you for being our witnesses and for being here. We appreciate the support.” Naraku tells them and takes my hand in his.

“It’s nothing, when two people are meant to be together, there will be phenomenons in this world that will guide them to each other and will also give them the support that they need. Promise us that you two will be happy together alright? Or else our efforts would have be in vain.” Kagome says with a smile.

“Of course we’ll be happy, we’ve been through life and death together alright. I can’t imagine being with anyone else.” I say looking at Naraku.

“Did you end things with Sesshomaru?” Inuyasha asks me.

I look down at the ground and then back at them. Yes, if it wasn’t for Sesshomaru and the amount of care he has for me, I don’t think today would have existed. I feel guilt deep down inside of me but I know, Sesshomaru and I aren’t meant to be together.

“Yes, Sesshomaru and I ended things on a good note. We knew that we weren’t meant for each other, took me a while to figure things out and in the end, Sesshomaru helped me regain my memories.” I tell them with a smile.

“Really? How?” Miroku asks surprised.

“With this.” I say holding out my left arm, the red bamboo bracelet tied around my wrist neatly.

“I remember now, Naraku has the other half, I suppose this just proves that you two are connected by the red string of fate.” Kagome says with joy in her voice.

I smile and look at Naraku, I then look down at my stomach. I hold my not evident pregnant stomach with my right hand.

“Are you by chance...” I hear Inuyasha ask from the side.

I look up and at him, he’s looking at me with his ears standing on end, looks like his senses are on point. Kagome and Miroku looks at him and then at me. Naraku gives my hand a gentle squeeze, I look at him. He gives me a nod and a smile, he wants me to tell them, and I’m happy to oblige.

“Yes. Kagome, Miroku, Inuyasha... I’m pregnant with Naraku’s child.” I say with a smile.

Inuyasha scrunches his nose, his amber eyes reflects the lights of the hallway, Kagome and Miroku were dumbstruck for a few seconds but then Kagome smiles.

“That’s wonderful! How far along are you?” She asks me.

“Nuwa told me before I lost my memories, so I’m assuming almost a month give or take.” I answer her.

“Congratulations____________ and Naraku, are you planning on telling your parents or have you already?” Miroku chimes in.

“No... it would’ve been difficult to tell them that I’m pregnant when I’m not even married, and especially with a demon as the child’s father. I’m thinking of telling them after the child is born. It was already difficult enough trying to convince them to accept Naraku.” I quietly say with a depleted chuckle.

“Then are you planning on having a marriage ceremony before the kid is born?” Inuyasha asks.

“I don’t think a marriage ceremony is necessary, just knowing that we are tied by heart is enough.” Naraku says.

I look at him and I smile, his long black hair looks like waves behind his back. He’s right, a marriage ceremony won’t be necessary. Our love isn’t like everyone else's, Naraku’s not human so we don’t need to follow traditional weddings.

“Your rooms are ready, please take the night to rest.” I hear my mother say from behind us.

We all turn to look at her, Kagome, and Miroku bowed to my mother.

“Thank you for the hospitality” Miroku says to my mother.

“It’s the least we can do for having you taking care of___________ in these few months.” My mother responds.

“We would be glad to have_________ live at our village in the future, she has became a part of our family.” Kagome adds.

“That’s a relief to hear, please go on ahead and rest. I suppose Naraku and you will be sharing a room?” My mother asks me.

I feel my face heating up again but I nod as my response. My mother nods as well. My mother then guide us to each of our rooms, Naraku enters into my room and a two person futon is now laying on the ground. Before I can enter, my mother takes my hand gently. I turn to look at her.

“Mother, what’s the matter?” I ask her.

“Your father and I would like to talk to you.” She answers me.

I don’t know what this talk is going to be about but I will listen to what they will have to say, I give her nod and I look back at Naraku, he’s looking out the window, but then turns to look at me, his red eyes holds the fire of the candles within them. I give him a nod, Naraku looks at me and returns with a nod of his own. No words were needed. I close the sliding door of my room and follow after my mother to their room.