Final Beauty of The Young Freesia

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

I stare at Naraku's face that's touching mine in surprise. His eyes are closed and his eyelashes are gently fluttering as he kisses me. His lips are smooth and soft with just enough gentle pressure, warmth fills my whole body from the kiss and my heart is pounding. After a few seconds, Naraku slowly pulls his lips away from mine. His eyelids opens and the red of his eyes seems brighter and more vivid than before, he pulls back slightly to look at me his hand still holding my face gently. My eyes darts from one of his eyes to the other trying to figure him out, my mouth slightly open and my mind blank. Naraku looks at me with gentle eyes, he shows a smile.

"Naraku... you..." I manage to say.

"I've been having these warm feelings for a while now deep down. I realize that they only surface when you're here, and I remember what you told me that night. Love is a warm feeling that sets ablaze deep inside of you. When I hold your hand, I feel that I don't want to let go. Then when you kissed me on the cheek that day, I realized and figured out the feeling finally. I realized that I'm in love with you____________. Since I still don't understand love still, I wanted to express it to you somehow, Who better to ask than you. I thought that you may have felt something similar so I expressed my love for you. You also said that our fate was to be meet, so there might be something between us due to our fate. But, if you don't feel the same way. Then please forget what just happened." Naraku says quietly.

I look at him completely speechless, completely speechless. He confessed to me, Naraku confessed to me before I could. Although speechless but I'm over the moon, an overwhelming feeling of happiness and love fills me. Since I couldn't give him a response, Naraku inhales and exhales. He lets out a strained smile.

"I understand, be careful on the way home." He says.

No... you don't understand. Naraku slowly pulls his hand away from my face, the moment he pulls away I feel his presence leaving completely. I don't want to lose that, I don't want to lose him. Regaining my senses again, I quickly grab his leaving hand, Naraku stops and looks back at me. The next thing I know, I take a step towards him and stand on my toes. Holding his hand in my hand, my other hand goes to hold his face like how he did mine minutes earlier. I open my mouth slightly and I crash my lips onto his, feeling his lips with mine again sends jolts through me. I must have surprised Naraku a bit, my eyes are closed but I can sense his stillness. I move my lips subtly, and then I can feel his lips part to accommodate mine. A few seconds passes and I pull my lips off from his, I lean back to look at him, I can feel my cheeks burning. I open my eyes and look back at his, his ruby gems are burning into mine.

"I'm not going to forget the kiss, I'm going to cherish it. I wanted to confess first but never thought that you were braver than me despite not knowing what love is. Yes, I'm in love with you too Naraku. I've actually been in love with you way before than both of us knew that we were. Thank you for expressing your feelings for me." I tell him gazing into his eyes.

Naraku's eyes widens slightly but softens after comprehending my words of love for him. He smiles and wraps his hand around mine, just from his hand I can feel his warmth flowing through me. It's soothing. Naraku smiles, it's one of true happiness.

"I feel relaxed now knowing that you feel the same." He says.

"That feeling must have been anxiety and nervousness. It's normal, it's what makes us feel alive. Yes, I feel the same, I've actually loved you before you did. You have no idea how much happiness I'm feeling right now because of your love." I say with a smile.

"I'm happy knowing that you are. So this is what true happiness feels like." Naraku says tucking my hair behind my ear.

"That's what love is, when the person you love is happy, then you are happy." I say caressing his soft face.

"I want to feel your lips again." Naraku says tracing my lips with his thumb.

"Nothing's stopping you, for the one I love, these lips are yours." I tell him looking into his eyes.

Naraku smiles and leans in again, I slightly meet his affectionate kiss. Getting a sense of how kissing works now, Naraku's soft lips caresses mine. I close my eyes and fall into this moment, our lips moving in sync with each other so naturally. A few seconds goes by, and we simultaneously pull away, our lips slowly peeling away from each other from the pressuring contact of skin. Naraku looks back at me in the upcoming afternoon sunlight. He looks absolutely flawless and godlike.

"I wish I can spend more time with you, but you're going back. I'm glad we got to share this moment, be careful on the way home." Naraku says tracing his thumb along my cheek.

No, I don't want to leave. Not today. I'll break the rules for this intimate moment. I want to stay with him tonight, just for one more day at least.

"I don't want to go back today. I want to stay here tonight with you, not as a friend, but as a lover this time." I say to him quietly.

Naraku looks at me with a slight surprise, but smiles.

"As lovers." He responds.

The two of us explored the open land for the rest of the day, we stopped at the stream and spent a relaxing time together. We held each other's hands all day, I want to let him know how much I want to be with him. Our hands fitting together so naturally, every curve and groove. Almost as if we were born for each other, despite him being a demon. When night arrives, we return to the tree. Now that Atamashi is gone, it feels slightly empty, but we have each other. Like before, I lay down the large towel and the two of us sit down across from each other. I inhale and smile. Now that we confessed to each other, our relationship is different now. But it feels right.

"I still feel like I'm over the moon right now, even after the whole day has gone by." I say with a slight laugh.

"I'm really happy too___________. More than I have ever been, ever since coming here that is." Naraku says looking up at the stars.

Although we are in love, but I can't help but wonder about something.

"I know that we are in love, but I can't help but wonder. I know I'm technically the only woman in your life, but if you were to meet someone else besides me, will your love change?" I ask him.

Naraku looks back down at me, his eyes blazing like fire.

"No, I don't think my love will ever change. You taught me so much, you made me feel alive, made me realize that my life has a purpose despite losing my memories. You were there for me, you made me figure out my feelings and taught me all of them. Your knowledge for life, the preciousness of it and compassion, I don't think I'll be able to find anyone else like that. You don't need to worry about anything." Naraku tells me.

I feel my worries fading away. He thinks that highly of me, does happiness have a limit? I couldn't help but smile. I touch the red string on his bracelet, and let the silk fall from my fingers.

"The red string of fate connects two people's fate together, but it's also has another belief. The red string exists between two people who are meant to fall in love with one another. It's a string that will never snap, instead it slowly pulls two people together till they eventually meet." I tell him.

"I'm glad that it did. But, even without the string I believe we would have met regardless." Naraku says touching my face.

I can't help but wish that he can regain his memories. I feel my mind slightly blanking out, my eyes slowly drifts off as I'm unconsciously wishing that he can remember our encounter 12 years before.

"___________, are you alright? You seem deep in thought again." I hear him say.

Like before, his voice pulls me back to reality. I look back at him.

"I'm alright, I was just thinking of something and wishing for something." I tell him.

"What is it? If it's something that I'm capable of, I'll do it for you." He says.

I feel love rushing through me, I can tell just how much he loves me.

"I wish that you can kiss me Naraku." I say quietly.

Naraku looks slightly taken aback, but he smiles. He lean towards me without a response and his lips finds mine again, I reciprocate him immediately. When he pulls away, I gently hold onto his shoulders to keep him in place. I gaze into his beautiful and vivid red eyes.

"Put your arms around me." I ask him.

"What's the meaning of that?" He asks me.

"It's a gesture called a hug or an embrace for a more intimate term. It's another way to show love." I tell him with a smile.

Naraku smiles as I explain it to him. I put my arms around his body and he slowly wraps me in his arms.

"Don't let go." I whisper in his ear.

As we hold each other, I slowly lean backwards onto the soft towel. I pull Naraku down with me, when I lay down completely onto the towel Naraku is laying on top of me. We're still holding onto each other, his head gently resting just below my chin and on my chest. His weight on my body doesn't bother me at all, in fact, it makes me feel safe to be held by him.

"Although this feels comforting, but I know this isn't what you were thinking. Tell me__________, I want to know what is on your mind." Naraku quietly says in the night, his voice vibrates against my chest.

"I've regained my missing memories." I finally say.

"You did? I suppose you're even more happy now having regained your memories, what was it about? Who was that person?" Naraku asks.

"Very. I was very happy when I regained them. I remembered coming here and seeing the cherry blossom tree, the person that I met. He's handsome, gentle and kind. He was unique. The thing that I admired were his eyes, they were so different but exquisite." I tell him.

"Your memories must have been very clear and vivid, you remember all the details of this persons appearance and personality." Naraku says.

If only you knew Naraku, if only you knew that that person was you.

"He's a lot like you Naraku. Don't worry, yes I finally remember that person, but I only love you." I tell him not actually telling him that that person was him.

Naraku's arms tightens slightly around me, and I did too. I kiss him on the forehead and I rest my cheek against his head.

"Get some rest___________. Naraku tells me.

"Goodnight my love." I reply to him.

I feel Naraku gently kissing me on my collarbone and rests his head back onto my chest.

"Goodnight, my love." He responds.

I close my eyes and with the rhythmic rise and fall of his breathing against my body, I fall asleep with my love in my arms. I wake up to a finger gliding down my cheek, I open my eyes to the bright sunlight that once again illumates the world. I squint my eyes from the early morning, a silhouette sits beside me and I know right away that it's Naraku. I smile as I see his ruby eyes which are maroon in the shadow.

"Good morning." I croak.

"Good morning my love." He responds.

Hearing those two words tells me that yesterday happened, we professed our love for one another. I sit up and rub my eyes, Naraku gently holds my hand as I'm in the middle of rubbing them, he then pulls them away from my eyes and to the side, I open my slightly itchy eyes to see Naraku leaning in. The next thing I know, his soft lips gently touches mine. The kiss wakes me completely, he then pulls back with a flawless smile. I feel butterflies in my stomach but with happiness laced with them.

"Now I'm fully awake." I say with a laugh.

We go to the stream and I wash up. I know that I have to return home today, the estate needs its master. Besides, I need to let Boshi get some exercise. We spent the morning holding hands and walked through the openness of what the world has to offer us. When afternoon rolls in, Naraku follows me this time to where I tied Boshi.

"I really don't want to leave..." I say with a pout.

"I don't want you to leave either, but you're not like me. You have responsibilities to take care of, be careful on the way home." He says caressing my face gently.

I hold his hand and I hug him, I rest my face against his silk kimono that I once gifted him.

"I wish that I can take you back with me...I'll be back as soon as possible, hopefully then, I can tell my parents about us." I say against his chest.

Naraku wraps one of his arm around me and pats my hair with the other, he rests his chin on top of my head as we hold each other.

"I'll be here waiting like always. I love you__________." Naraku tells me.

I pull back and look up at him, I stand on my toes to reach his lips. I kiss him this time as a farewell. I pull back almost painfully, I don't want to leave, I don't want to leave him here.
Naraku's eyes shines so vividly under the sunlight that manages to seep through the trees.

"I love you too Naraku___________." I respond.

We finally let go of each other, I hop onto Boshi and grab his reigns. I look back at Naraku again, he's looking up at me upon Boshi and he shows me a gentle smile. I return his with one of my own, then with the snap of the reigns, I head on home. The day seem to pass almost too slowly, like it's torturing me. Eventually, I do return home just before midnight. I take Boshi to the barn like I always do, and I enter through the front gate. Some of the maids are waiting by the front entrance, I realized that by staying the extra day, I may have worried them.

"You're back Lady_________, are you alright?" One of the maids asks me with worry.

"Don't worry, I'm absolutely perfect. I apologize for worrying everyone, but I'm back now. You can all go rest now, thank you for waiting for me." I assure them with a smile.

"Alright, do you need anything before we go to bed?" Another maid asks.

"No, I'll be fine. Goodnight." I say to them.

They all bow to me and head off to rest. I go to the kichen and make myself something to eat before bed, eating this late is a bad habit but, it's a have to thing lately. After eating I wash up, I then head into my room and change into my night wear. I notice the handkerchief that I always wrap around Atamashi in is laying on the ground, just like how I left it. I pick it up and fold it neatly.

"Hope you're happy and free Atamashi, it's because of you that I got to meet the love of my life again after 12 years. Thank you." I say quietly.

I place the handkerchief on my desk and look to my Freesia. A slight frown laces my face. I walk up to it and touch it.

"It's completely wilted... wish I took better care of you." I whisper.

The once colorful petals has dulled and has turned brown, it's bowing its head down as if it's tired. The Freesia flower that I have taken care of for more than 12 years has finally wilted. I look to the cherry blossom flower beside it and my eyebrows goes up. It's still vibrant and beautiful, it hasn't wilted at all.

"I think you are a magical flower from a magical tree now." I say.

I click my tongue in disappointment as I touch the wilted Freesia again. I'll have to bury it in the garden tomorrow. I blow out the candles in my room and lay down in my futon, I miss Naraku already. I sigh at the quietness and emptiness. I close my eyes and let the silence slowly drag me into a slumber. Yes, I have to bury the Freesia in the garden tomorrow. It was the flower that stayed by me in my childhood all the way till I became an adult, the Freesia symbolizes thoughtfulness and innocence or youth. My parents gave it to me when I was a child, they said that it represented me. What if the wilting of the Freesia symbolized something? They say that everything that happens in life has a meaning or purpose. What if the wilting in this case doesn't symbolize death... I still have the thoughtfulness and compassion in me, so does it have to do with innocence and youth in a way? My innocence and youth? I can't help but think that, now that I'm an adult, I'm no longer a child. When I was younger I had all the time in the world to watch over the Freesia. Now that I have matured, I have responsibilities and choices to make in my life that requires more from me, and no more time to think back to my more carefree years. Not to mention that yesterday I finally expressed my love for Naraku, not some one sided young love, but true love. So, with the Freesia finally wilted, am I saying goodbye to my innocence and youth? Those thoughts swirl around in my mind, I push them back to the back of my head and I exhale deeply. I clear our my mind and eventually, I fall asleep.