Arrival of An Unexpected

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

I open my eyes to the bright sunlight coming in from the wooden window, I'm still lying on my side. My body feels slightly sore but I can still move, I think. Last night comes rushing back to me and I smile, I shift slightly and I feel something moving inside of me. I remembered that it's Naraku. I should probably remove myself off of him, but at the same time I don't want to. Suddenly, I feel a big hand gently slide over my left shoulder.

"You're awake." I hear Naraku's voice resonating next to my ear.

A slight shiver runs through my body as I hear the voice of the one I love, Naraku pulls me to him gently and his warm and strong body covers my back side. He rests his chin between my shoulder and chin. My right hand comes over and I hold his hand on my shoulder, I turn my head slightly and I can see the tip of his nose.

"Good morning Naraku." I greet him.

"Good morning." He replies.

I want to see his face, but if I want to do that, I have to separate us. I hold onto Naraku's hand, and I move my lower body forward. I can feel him coming out of me, when he completely disappears, I feel slightly empty and incomplete but I just have to deal with it. Naraku quietly inhales after the process, while holding his hand I turn my body onto my back and then onto my left shoulder. I finally come face to face with Naraku, we are just mere inches away from each other. I'm greeted by his bright red eyes and his curly black bangs, I can hear and feel his subtle breathing. How is he a demon? How did I fall in love with a being like him? How did he fall in love with me? So many questions, but in the end, I like to believe in one word. Fate.

"It's nice to wake up beside you, how I missed you during the time that we were apart." Naraku says touching my cheek.

"Same here, but in the end, we made it back to each other. I suppose that's all that matters." I say with a smile.

Naraku smiles back in return, he then turn onto his back and reaches for something on the other side. He then turns back around and faces me again, without saying anything he tucks a lock of my hair behind my right ear, he then places something in my hair.

"What is it?" I ask him curiously.

"You look just like that day that I met you." Naraku simply says.

I go and touch the thing in my hair, I feel velvety petals, five petals to be exact. I then look back at Naraku.

"A cherry blossom flower?" I ask him.

Naraku nods in response.

"Good thing I brought it along, I wanted you to remember the good times that we had." Naraku says.

I take his big warm hands and I kiss them and then hold them to my chest.

"I won't ever forget them no matter what. I'll never forget, and I hope that you will always remember them. Every moment together, the good and the bad." I say to him.

"But what if fate has other plans for us and forces us to forget them?" He asks me with furrowed brows.

"Well, I'm going to make sure that I'll remember all of them, and if not, even just the tiniest bit will be enough. We will then slowly regain our memories again, just like how we regained the memories of our past. It may take time, but we will get them all back." I say to him with confidence.

Naraku smiles and sighs, he touches my cheek again. His long black hair laying out around him, the sunlight reflecting off the black silk is beautiful to look at.

"You're so confident in your beliefs, wish I was like you." He says.

"Did you forget? I've always been persistent, since I was child and even now. You don't have to change anything Naraku, one persistent person is enough in a relationship." I say with a laugh.

I then sit up and pulling the cover up with me to cover my front. My black hair falls behind me, almost turning into another cover. I look out the bright window, the sunlight pouring in making me squint my eyes. I put out my right hand in front of me, just like that day when Naraku and I looked at the sunset together at his castle. I feel Naraku shifting and sitting up beside me, he puts his right arm around my waist and gently pulls me into his strong chest. He wraps his arms around me and rests his chin against my temple.

"Naraku, can you promise me something?" I ask him.

"What is it?" He replies softly.

"Promise me that you won't leave me again, promise me that you won't hurt yourself or put yourself in potential danger either from now on. I don't want to lose you again, I've already lost you twice, once as a child, and once as an adult. I don't know how much more I can handle the heartache." I say to him.

I lift my head up and looked at Naraku, he's looking out the window, his red eyes looking more bright than usual. He then raise his left arm and puts his hand over my stretched arm, he then wraps his hand over mine and brings it back to his chest. He then looks down at me, our nose basically touching.

"I promise. No more heartache, no more lose or pain." He says.

I nod, I feel happy to hear him say that, but at the same time, it was hard for me to ask him that because of everything that has happened and the fact of who he was. Naraku leans down and his lips finds mine, his mouth gently caresses my lips over and over for seconds. I close my eyes and I let my heart erase that clenching painful feeling that I felt in this short moment. He pulls away and holds me to him, it's still quite early I think. I then gently pull the two of us back down onto the soft futon, I rest my head under his chin, his scent fills my senses. I close my eyes as I lose myself in this peaceful moment. I wake up to the sun, even brighter than earlier. I'm still in Naraku's embrace, his smooth chest filling my whole vision. Narakus shifts and his left hand comes up and touches my cheek.

"Did you sleep at all?" I ask him.

"Seeing your peaceful expression as you sleep is enough for me. Did you rest well?" He asks me.

I nod with a smile. I unhook my arms around his back and I stretch my arms and back, the cracking feeling and the change of position feels nice. I feel Naraku's arms tightening slighting around my waist and gently pulls me closer, I then rest my arms around his neck, his long black hair feeling silky and smooth despite the lovemaking from last night. His bright red eyes looking at me with affections.

"I suppose today is the day that we start our future together." Naraku says.

"Yes, although we can enjoy everyday together for these few months, but I have to return back home after half a year, I'll have to introduce you to my parents, tell them that you're the love of my life and that I want to have a future together with you, a demon." I say with a sigh.

"Are you worried that they won't accept me as a demon?" Naraku asks me tracing his thumb along my lips.

"To be honest, I am actually. But even If they won't accept you, I'll do my best to convince them. I'll show them just how much I treasure you. You'll stay with me and support me won't you? For us?" I say asking him.

Naraku gently smiles and holds my head to his chest and holds me close.

"That's the___________ that I know. I'll be right beside you so that you'll have the confidence and strength to prove our love." I hear him say quietly from above me.

I nod and smile. How much I love Naraku, I won't let him go again. We dress up and head out to start our day. I place the cherry blossom flower onto the table in our room. With our hands holding one another, I take Naraku to the big hut. Villagers are already out an about in the morning, I greet some of the villagers that I've come to know, they greet me but stays a bit unsure of Naraku. I suppose its normal, he's technically a stranger, and they might know who he was. I give his hand a squeeze to let him know that it doesn't matter because I'm here. We eventually arrive to the big hut, and I can already hear voices inside, guess everyone has gathered already for breakfast. I look at Naraku, his eyes turns to find mine.

"Let's head in." I say to him.

"Lead the way." He replies.

I nod, I gently pull him with me and lift the curtain to the hut. The sunlight vanishes the slight darker room fills my vision. Inuyasha, Miroku, Kagome, Lady Kaede, Rin, Shippo, Sango, the twins and Sango's son were all gathered around the table filled with food. They all turned to look at me as I enter with Naraku.

"We thought that you two will never leave your room." Kagome says with a smile.

I feel my face slightly warming up.

"Morning you two." Lady Kaede greets Naraku and I.

I bow to Lady Kaede and Naraku gives a slight head bow. It seems like Lady Kaede might have accepted us, even just a little is enough. Inuyasha has his arms across his chest and he glares at Naraku, his ears slightly twitching which is cute to look at. I understand if he's still feeling hostile, it takes time. Sango and Miroku tries to keep a neutral expression but they seem to be more open than Inuyasha. Shippo was sitting with a slight pout on his face but he doesn't seem to be angry. Kagome on the other hand, well, she seems to be the most open and accepting. She's smiling, her smile can always assure me that everything will be alright.

"Come on, sit down and have breakfast with us." Kagome says gesture for us to sit down.

I guide Naraku with me and I sit down with him across from Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, and Miroku. Lady Kaede is sitting on the right with Sango's son, Rin and Shippo are sitting on our left with the twin girls. I feel like Naraku and I are at a meeting or something, it's a bit nerve-racking.

"Please, you guys had a long night last night, you two probably didn't even eat dinner, please go ahead." Kagome says gesturing the table.

"I'll be fine, I don't need to eat. Thank you though." Naraku says with a head bow.

"Hmm." Inuyasha says eating his rice with his eyes closed.

The atmosphere feels awkward, once enemies now sitting in the same room eating breakfast together, even I find this a bit weird, but this moment exists and it's happening right now so we just have to roll along and find ways to make this...not awkward anymore. I picked up my chopsticks and bowl and start eating, the others did too except for Naraku because he's a full demon.

"So Naraku, how did you and___________ meet?" Inuyasha asks him biting his chopsticks with a slight glare.

The sudden question surprised me I almost choked on my food. I looked up and I see Inuyasha and the others all looking at Naraku, I shift my head slightly and I see Naraku sitting there like a statue as he looks back at all of them. I guess they want to know everything... about our relationship as to make sure that Naraku is actually in love with me and it's not a lie.

"It wasn't long before my demise in my past life in your hands, I came upon a cherry blossom tree alone in the middle of an open field at night. Little did I know that a young child was on a branch trying to get a cherry blossom flower, she fell and I caught her without thinking. It was at that moment that I saw something so pure and innocent, ____________ wasn't afraid of me, she told me that I had beautiful eyes. I tried to push her away because she has placed herself somewhere in my life in that brief moment, inside a demon that was out to destroy the world. Despite brushing her off for her safety, she still held on to the hope of  us meeting again. I decided to erase her memories of that night for her sake. Then 12 years later, we met again, and our affections for each other grew when she decided to help me regain my memories and keep me company due to myself not knowing who I am. I admired her for her innocence and her not fearing me, and I fell in love with a young woman of beauty and compassion. Then I suppose everything else that happened afterwards aren't so unclear to you all." Naraku recalls our first meeting till now.

I feel a slight fill of happiness, hearing him recalling the past, he really does remember everything. Inuyasha's mouth slightly hangs open, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, Rin, and Lady Kaede's expressions were slightly surprised. I know I told them about Naraku and I, but I didn't really go into full full details about everything. Kagome on the other hand has a gentle smile lacing her face.

"Looks like you really do love her Naraku... never thought a being like you was capable of love. Even after your resurrection." Kagome says with a slight sad expression.

"Yes... I didn't thought I was able or capable of loving someone either, but_________ taught me how to." Naraku replies.

My heart feels warm and I'm happy to hear that I was able to help someone feel something.

"I suppose the question that we're curious now is, how did you come back to life? Kagome... set you free." Miroku asks.

I turn to look at Naraku, bringing up the past is a bit triggering, but Naraku seems fine with the question.

"I'm not so sure myself, all I remember was waking up in the middle of nowhere . I lost my memories and who I was, but, I saw someone wearing a cape within the trees. The person disappeared before I could catch them." Naraku says looking at the wooden table in front of him.

"Looks like everything is true then, just wonder what kind of entity can do something this powerful? And to bring back not a being who's hurt, but a being whom we thought, vanquished completely." Sango says with a slight curious expression.

As I listened, it almost feels as if, they're trying to gauge out a specific reaction from Naraku. I guess it's like another trial or something, but I think it's enough before it gets a bit uncomfortable for everyone.

"Yes, surprising isn't it? But with a world that demon exists, anything's possible right?" I say with a big smile.

"Ya... I suppose? So Naraku, are you a full demon now? Or still part human?" Inuyasha asks straightforwardly.

"I believe I'm a full demon now." Naraku replies.

Everyone nods. I smile, but I think it's about time this all ended.

"Aren't you two going out to do any exorcisms?" I ask Miroku and Inuyasha.

"Oh, that's right, we got a letter yesterday from a family that wanted us to take a look at their home." Miroku says standing up.

"Great, this isn't going to end. Hey Naraku, why don't you come along with us? Miroku and I can show you around a bit and maybe "show you the ropes around the place." Inuyasha says grabbing his Tessaiga.

My eyes widen suddenly, that does not sound friendly. But I swear, if Inuyasha even pulls one hair out from Naraku's head I'm going to lose it. I give Naraku's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Maybe Naraku should stay here, I'll show him around. Somewhere where he'll feel S.A.F.E. Maybe another time." I say sending a glare at Inuyasha.

"I'll go." Naraku suddenly says.

I turn to look at Naraku with surprise. Did he just say that he'll go with Inuyasha and the Miroku?

"Naraku..." I say dumbstruck.

"I suppose getting to know you two first will be a start to a peaceful harmony. Shall we?" Naraku says.

He gives my hand a gentle squeeze as a reassurance, he then stands up, his kimono rustling as he moves. His black hair swaying as he straightens his posture, I couldn't take my eyes away from him. Inuyasha let's out a hmph. Miroku just smiles with an awkward appearance.

"Great, then shall we go now?" Miroku asks.

"Lead the way." Naraku replies.

Miroku and Inuyasha said goodbye to us and walked out. I stand up and went up to Naraku, he turns his head and his bright red eyes shines in the dim light.

"If you really want to do this, then I won't stop you. Just stay safe alright? I just hope Inuyasha won't don't something reckless." I say with a sigh.

"Don't worry___________, Inuyasha won't do anything to make you upset. You can trust my words and in him. Enjoy your time Naraku." Kagome says from behind me.

I turn and look at her, I give her a strained smile and I turn back to Naraku.

"You don't need to worry, I'll be fine. I'll see you when I get back." Naraku says with a gentle smile.

"Right... I'll see you then." I nod.

Naraku leans in and kisses my forehead, he then pulls back. He shows me one more smile and turns to exit out of the hut, I listened to his footsteps as it slowly fade away. When I don't hear anything anymore I let out a sigh, my whole body feels slightly depleted of energy I suppose I should stop worrying so much about everything. It seems that they all accepted Naraku already, especially Inuyasha, worrying too much will be bad for my health.

"They'll be fine__________, don't stress out too much about everything. Naraku's a demon who has lived for years, he's not going to die or get hurt easily, unless if it's from a higher power which is unlikely to come across." Kagome says standing up and walking over to me.

"Yea... I suppose you're right. Thanks for accepting Naraku and taking the chance to see the new Naraku." I say with a smile while looking at all of them.

"Every person deserves a second chance in life. But only if they're able to redeem themselves the second time." Lady Kaede says.

"We may have been harsh and defensive, but I hope you can understand__________. Naraku was our greatest enemy, To see the very demon that tried to destroy the world once again, it's natural for us to become defensive on instinct. But now, that we finally got to know this new Naraku, I think we can finally follow your intuition and trust Naraku. " Sango says taking my hand in hers.

"Of course I understand Sango, I understand your past with Naraku, but thank you for giving him the chance to prove to you all that he has changed. To know that you all finally accept him, even if it's just a little, that's all that matters to me. Thank you all again." I say with a smile and a bow.

"We just want you to be happy, but also safe at the same time." Shippo says hopping towards me.

I smile and bend down to pick up Shippo and I hug him, his fluffy fox tail brushes my skin and it tickles.

" I know, I really appreciate the concerns from you all, I'm so grateful to have met you all 12 years ago and to be spending a part of my life with you all here." I say petting Shippo's head.

"It seems that Lord Sesshomaru has moved on from his hate for Naraku as well, are you going to talk to Lord Sesshomaru and tell him the good news?" Rin asks me.

Rin's right, I should tell Sesshomaru the good news...well good news for me and Naraku that is. He did help us out, so I suppose I should thank him properly, I know I thanked him last night but it was rushed. I want to do it properly when I see him again, maybe I'll see him today?

"You're right Rin, I'll tell him when I see him." I say with a smile and a nod.

After the morning breakfast, I helped them out in the fields again, Spring is still in the air so there's still some things to take care of before Summer rolls in. While helping them out, I have forgotten my worries. I played with Sango's twins and helped Rin and Shippo out with babysitting them. As I looked at Sango's son, I can't help but think about what Naraku and my child would look like. Will our child look more like him? Or me? Will the child have my eyes or Naraku's beautiful red ruby ones. I smile as I think about the future. The morning soon turns into afternoon and eventually somewhere between afternoon and the early evening, I decided to take a dip at the waterfall nearby. I grab the big towels that has accompanied me throughout this whole time, it has kept me warm and comforted me. The evening sun guides me to the beautiful waterfall, the sunlight reflecting off the surface of the rippling liquid. I shed my kimono and I step into the cool water, the goosebumps rises on my skin. It's refreshing after along day of hard work. I sit down in the stream and I lean my back against the rocky ledge. I close my eyes and let my mind run free, I'm just happy that we managed to accomplish one thing. There's about 4 more months left before I return back home, I wonder how thing will turn out then. For now though, I should just live life as it is, focus on the present and look forward to the future together with everyone. I spent about half an hour in the stream before I get out and get ready to head back. I look up at the setting sun, I want to stop by the flower field a bit. I grab my things and I walk off towards the beautiful field of nature, the gentle evening breeze cooling me off and drying off my hair along the way. When I finally step onto the green soft grass, I smile. I walk towards the middle of the field, the flower sway as I moved within them. I stop when I reached the centre of it all and let out a a sigh.

"I'm going to miss this place when I leave." I mutter.

"Then make sure to enjoy every second of it then." A sudden voice says from the left of me.

I whip my head around, but I couldn't see anyone. No one's in the field, no one's here aside from me. Where did that voice come from, and thinking about it, it sounds like...

"Sesshomaru?" I ask out loud while searching.

Suddenly the flowers rustle not far from me. My eyes widen in surprise as a white figure gracefully sit up from the tall grass and flowers. The white kimono moves and I see the familiar big bundle of fur. Long white silk hair flow behind the figure as he sits up, and eventually stand up. He then turns to the right and I finally see his amber eyes and crescent moon on his forehead. No doubt it's Sesshomaru. I couldn't help but let out a smile as I see him, good timing, I can finally talk with him. I walk up to him with my towels in my arms, he looms over me.

"Hi Sesshomaru, what brings you here? And what were you doing lying down in the field?" I ask him.

"I wanted some quietness." He simply replies looking out.

"Should've guessed, I've been wanting to talk to you." I say with a smile.

"And what is it that you want talk about?" He asks without looking at me.

"I just want to let you know that Kagome and the others have accepted Naraku and our relationship. Rin was actually the one that told me that I should tell you since you did help us out." I say.

"I suppose it's something to congratulate you on." Sesshomaru replies.

"Thanks." I say looking out at the setting sun.

"Why isn't Naraku with you?" Sesshomaru asks me.

"Oh...Naraku actually accompanied Miroku and Inuyasha on their exorcism job." I say with a laugh.

Sesshomaru turns slightly to look at me, I glance back at him. Is he wondering about something?

"What?" I ask him.

You're not afraid that my nuisance of a younger brother will kill Naraku?" He asks me flatly.

"I've thought about it, I worried about it, but I trust Inuyasha that he won't do something like that. Kagome told me that I can trust Inuyasha, and I see him as an older brother. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he is going to hurt Naraku, I'm sure that Naraku can handle him. Then when Inuyasha comes back I'm going to give him a piece of my mind." I say with a huff.

"I would not be surprised." Sesshomaru replies with a quiet sigh.

The two of us just stand there side by side as we look out at the horizon that separates the sky and the earth. The wind breezes across the land and carries our hair into the air.

"What do you intend to do now?" Sesshomaru suddenly asks me out of the blue.

The question kind of took me off guard, I take a moment to find the words.

"Well, I guess living a day at a time will be a nice start. I'll be returning home in about 4 months and I want to introduce Naraku to my parents. I'm just worried that they won't accept Naraku at all." I say with a sigh.

"It is to be expected, but since you've chosen Naraku, you should find ways to convince your parents should you not? Such persistent and confident human like you should at least do that, or I may have misjudged you." Sesshomaru says turning to look at me.

"You're right Sesshomaru, I need to convince them that Naraku is the one. Can't believe how fast time has flown since we've first met. I can still remember that night when we finally talked to each other, I was more irritated than frightened." I say with a slight laugh.

I hear Sesshomaru let our a low grumble. I stop laughing and clear my throat, but it's still pretty funny. That night was a special night as well, because without Sesshomaru, things would have not turn out alright. I'm grateful, very grateful.

"Since you have told me everything that you wanted to tell me, I'll be leaving." Sesshomaru says turning around.

"Sesshomaru." I call out to him as he took a few steps.

He turn around and looks at me. I wonder if he'll ever find someone that he'll come to love.

"I'm not sure about how a great demon like you find love or how demons find love in general but, have you ever thought about finding that special someone? Someone who's right for you?" I ask him.

Sesshomaru doesn't say anything, he just looks at me. His golden colored eyes looks like honey in the rising moonlight. He looks deep in thought.

"No, I don't have time for love. Goodbye____________." Sesshomaru replies and turns to walk away again.

I want to ask him more when a sudden gust of wind comes out of nowhere.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" A high pitched voice echos in the sky.

I look around and up and I see this creature on the air coming down towards us, it looks like a dragon with two heads. Sitting on it is a small imp like creature with big eyes, green skin, wearing a brown kimono and hat, and he's holding a staff. I turn around to look at Sesshomaru, he has stopped walking. Looks like they know each other. The creature lands in the tall grass, the imp hops off and skimpers towards us. The imp stops and looks at me up and down, it then walks up to Sesshomaru.

"Oh Lord Sesshomaru, here you are, A-Un and I have been looking for you all night.

A-Un? I'm guessing that's the dragon horse like creature. Are they aquatints? Friends?

"I wanted some peace and quiet Jaken, but since you found me, I have no choice but to leave with you. Let's go Jaken." Sesshomaru replies with a slight irritates tone.

Now I see, I'm guessing they're master and servant. Sesshomaru must have wanted some peace and quiet from Jaken, I can see why, this Jaken demon has a voice of a screeching bird. I can't help but find it funny, without knowing I let out a laugh. Jaken looks at me with a curious look.

"And who are you?" He asks me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm____________. Sesshomaru and I know each other and I consider him to be a big brother figure. Nice to meet you uhm, Master Jaken." I say with a bow.

"Ah... nice to meet you too___________. Shall we go now Lord Sesshomaru? He quickly greets me and turns back to Sesshomaru.

Without saying anything, Sesshomaru starts walking. His white hair swaying behind him and his kimono rustles. Jaken skimpers back to A-Un and hops on it. He then snaps the reigns and follows after Sesshomaru.

"See you around!" I shout at him.

Sesshomaru stops, he turns his head slightly. The magenta strips on his cheeks greets me as I look at his side profile, he then faces forward again and dashes off. I wave goodbye at Jaken and A-Un and watch as they fly off after Sesshomaru. In no time, the field becomes quiet. I return back to the village to help with dinner, the stars officially lace the night sky now. I put my towels back inside the hut that Naraku and I share, and then I head to the big hut. Candles light the room from the outside, and I can hear voices inside. They must be back, I smile and I run up to the hut. I lift the curtain and I look inside, everyone's sitting around the big table, Inuyasha and Miroku are sitting beside Kagome and Sango respectively, and sitting on the right is Naraku.

"Naraku!" I shout happily.

Naraku turns to face me, a gentle smile lace his face, his bright red eyes finding mine immediately. I take off my sandals and I literally throw myself onto him as I hug him. Naraku had to brace himself as my momentum almost made the two of topple over. I can hear Sango, Kagome, Rin, and Lady Kaede laughing on the side and across the table.

"Slow down________, you'll hurt yourself." I hear Shippo say.

"Sorry, Im just happy that Naraku's alright." I reply with a laugh.

"You act like a child_________, we didn't hurt Naraku so calm down." Inuyasha mutters.

"We actually managed to dissolve or diminish the wedge and distance between us on this trip. So be happy__________" Miroku says with a smile.

"Thank goodness." I reply hugging Naraku.

I feel Naraku's right hand coming up and gently gliding his hand down my hair while holding me.

"To know that someone in this world that cares for my wellbeing it's comforting. To have________'s love and worry is enough for me." Naraku says quietly.

"Always. So what if I act like a child Inuyasha? I did meet Naraku when I was a child, although I'm 22 now but deep down, everyone wishes that they were young and carefree again." I say with a laugh as I rebuke Inuyasha.

"Aghhh" Inuyasha grumbles, his ears twitching as he flops onto his back.

We all burst out laughing. We then enjoy a nice dinner together, the crickets chirped outside and the moon lights the world. The night ends, Naraku and I bid everyone goodnight and we head back to our hut together hand in hand. I change out of my red kimono and into my nightwear, Naraku doesn't have to change so he just waits for me. I blow out most of the candles except for one, I then stand in front of Naraku, the single candle giving the whole room an orange glow. I take his hand and I hold it.

"Let's head to bed." I say to him with a smile.

Naraku replies with a smile and nod. I then guide him down onto the futon and then we both lie down on our sides, our eyes never losing each other. The soft silk pillow touches my cheek and I shiver slightly from the coolness, Naraku's left hand touches my face.

"You alright?" He asks me.

"I'm alright, the sudden coolness of the pillow caused me to shiver slightly." I say with a smile to assure him.

"Come into my arms." Naraku says opening his arms to invite me.

I smile, with no hesitation, I snuggle closer and I rest my head against his warm chest, his arms wraps around my body and I feel warm immediately. I can hear his steady quiet breathing, and the gentle thumps of his heart.

"If we were to have a child in the future, do you think the child will look more like you or me?" I ask him.

Naraku doesn't reply for a few seconds, only his quiet breathing answers me.

"It would be nice if the child looks more like you. The child may be half demon and human, but I hope that it will look more human so that it can live a normal life." Naraku finally replies.

Normal life? Everything seems alright right now, why would he want that. I look up at him, Naraku's looking down at me with a slight sad expression.

"Hey, why would you say that? You know I would love it if our child will hold more of your traits. To have your beautiful red eyes and your flawless features, the child will be like an angel." I tell him with a smile.

"But I'm a demon." Naraku reminds me.

"Yes... you're a demon, you were born a demon, demon blood runs in your veins, but it doesn't have to define you. Ever since meeting you, the very first time, which was 12 years ago. I knew you were a demon, but never have I viewed you as one. I only saw what was beautiful and that was your eyes and you going out of your way to save me despite being evil then. When our future child is born, I will tell him everything about you, the past and how you changed into a being capable of love. Embrace all of you Naraku, everything, the good and the bad. It will all help you change into someone that you want to be. Besides, your eyes have always been unique and beautiful, I don't want our child to have plain brown eyes like mine." I say ending with a laugh.

Naraku looks at me, a small smile tugging at his lips. He then leans down and rests his forehead against mine, I can feel his inhales and exhales, he closes his eyes.

"I'll never forget that day that you told me that my eyes were beautiful, and to know that you still see them as that, it makes me happy." Naraku quietly says in the dim room.

"Then it's decided then, it's better if our future child will look more like you?" I ask him.

"If it makes you happy_________." Naraku replies with a smile.

I smile, I then tilt up and I find his lips with mine, his smooth skin touching mine sending small jolts through my body, I'll never stop loving him. I'll love him and show him that someone in this world cares about him and loves him. I release his lips and I look back at him as I lean my forehead back against his. Our eyes lock onto each others again with just mere centimetres away, his red eyes and white pupils reflecting the dim light. With just our eyes, a connection snaps between us and we know what we want. My hands gently go to untie his kimono knots, and Naraku does the same with my nightwear. The candle crackles as our night together quietly passes. A day eventually turns into 3, then 4, then a week. A week turns into another week and another, before we know it. Naraku and I have lived another month with Kagome and the others. Spring has officially ended and Summer arrives. Naraku feels like part of the family now, which is amazing. If only the future will be like this, then it will be everything that I want. I wake up to a sunny day in early Summer, the sunlight shines In through the window and the room feels warm. My eyes feels slightly puffy from my slumber but I feel refreshed. I look to my left and I come face to face with Naraku's flawless eyes, his porcelain fair skin reflecting the sunlight and his pure black hair falling just above his eyes. A gentle smile laces his face as he gazes at me. I turn onto my side as I admire this being.

"Did you sleep at all?" I ask him.

"I did, but I always wake up early in the morning so that I can watch over you." He replies.

"I don't need you to watch over me, I want you to get the rest you need. I know you're a demon but everyone will have a point when they'll collapse, I don't want anything happening to you." I say taking his hand in mine.

His eyes glimmers as it slims down as he smiles. He kisses my hand and holds my face in his hand.

"Nothing will happen to me. You don't need to worry." He says.


"Alright. Say, how about let's all go out and enjoy a picnic together? The weather is so nice today." I say sitting up and looking out the white window.

"That'd be nice. You can ask Kagome and the others." Naraku says sitting up as well.

I nod in response. I quickly dress up and I go and find Kagome and the others, I ask them to take a day off and go out all together. They all agreed, we packed some food and we all set off. The sun is high in the morning as Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Lady Kaede, Shippo, Rin, the kids, Kagome, Naraku and I walk through the tall grass to a big open field not too far away from the village. After about a hour or so of sightseeing and traveling, we finally stop in the middle of a big open field. Trees line the edges, and the tall green grass sways in the gentle breeze.

"Shall we eat here? We're surrounded by the fresh smell of grass and with the sky clear above us." Sango asks with her kids beside her.

"I think this place will be absolutely perfect." Kagome says with a smile.

"I feel like I'm going fall asleep." Inuyasha grumbles and flops down onto his back on the grass.

"No you can't Inuyasha, it's not like we can do this everyday, spending time together." Kagome scolds him.

We all burst out laughing. We spent time eating and laughing, the children ran around with Shippo and Rin. The only person who's missing from our group is Sesshomaru, knowing him, he would hate these type of things. The morning soon ends and the afternoon arrives, we eventually all calm down and just sit around and enjoy the quietness of the open nature. I leaning into Naraku's warm embrace, Sango and Miroku are playing with their children. Rin and Shippo are talking off to the side. Lady Kaede sat with Kagome and Inuyasha is lying on his side, his eyes are closed but his ear are twitching.

"So how was today for you Naraku? Did you enjoy it." Kagome asks him.

"I did, I thought I was alone, and was always meant to be alone. I knew no one after being reborn again, but then I met_________, and to finally come to an understanding with you all and to spend today with you all like this. It's almost unrealistic." Naraku replies.

"Well open your red eyes you ex-world destroyer, this is reality now. So deal with it." Inuyasha mutters to Naraku.

"What Inuyasha meant was, there will be days like this in the future, so even if you don't want it, you'll be spending more time with us and build our bond." Miroku says with a laugh.

Suddenly I feel Naraku tense up from behind me, the hold of his arms tightens slightly as well. I look over and I see Inuyasha's dog ears twitching and his nose crinkles, he opens his eyes an his amber orbs suddenly becomes big and he shifts his gaze. Are they sensing something wrong?

"Naraku what is it?" I ask him sitting up to look at him.

Kagome turns back to look at us and same with Miroku and Sango.

"Inuyasha what's wrong?" Kagome asks.

"What are you sensing Inuyasha? A demon?" Miroku asks sternly.

"Naraku? What is it?" Sango asks.

"Something's coming our way, it doesn't seem human." Naraku finally replies with furrowed brows.

"It doesn't seem like any demon that we have encountered so far, it seems much stronger, and foreign." Inuyasha says standing up.

Naraku lets me go and stands up as well. Both he and Inuyasha looks out behind us, Lady Kaede calls Rin and Shippo back, Sango and Kagome holds the kids. We all turn towards the direction that Inuyasha, Naraku, and now Miroku are looking at. In the far distance, we can see a figure walking towards our direction. The figure is too far away to see clearly, but it seems to be a female figure, she doesn't seem to be wearing a kimono. Who is this person? Inuyasha says that this figure is stronger than any demons that they have encountered. Whoever this demon is, I hope that Miroku, Inuyasha, and Naraku can take it down.