Silver Silk, Amber Crystals, and Crescent Moon

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

I don't know how long time has passed, but when I open my eyes, it's almost dark around me. I lift my head up, the sun is almost gone. The sky is fiery orange and red. I look down at my wrist again, the two bracelets wraps around my wrist side by side. I say that I'll give it back to Naraku the next time that we meet, but will that day ever happen. I close my eyes and tilt my head back, the quietness fills my senses.

 

"__________." A soft voice calls from behind me.

 

I open my eyes at the surprising call, I turn to see who it is. It's Kagome, she walks through the tall green grass towards the flowers. Her priestess outfit flowing softly, I show her a smile.

 

"You feeling better?" She asks me as she sits down beside me. 

 

"Uhm... well, I never really felt sick or anything, it's just emotional pain..." I say quietly looking around for the moon that is about to hang itself up in the night sky. 

 

"Over Naraku? I don't know what happened between you two but if you're comfortable telling me about your relationship perhaps I can help you ease that pain." Kagome says.

 

"Really? You think it's possible?" I ask her with a small giggle.

 

"Well you know, I wasn't from this time period, I actually came from the future and landed in this world. And in the future, relationships are even more complicated than now, more cryptic. I had my fair share of frustration with Inuyasha so I think I know a little bit in this field." Kagome says with a laugh. 

 

Oh... Kagome is from the future? I suppose in this world, anything is possible. Demons exists and time travel seems to exist too, I suppose. Kagome is one of my closest friends, it's better to tell someone instead of just bottling all the pain in. I sigh and look up at the shimmering stars.

 

"All right. Well, everything was perfect. To me, he is the love of my life, and I like to believe Naraku still is. We were happy ever since we became lovers, these few days were the happiest. But, although happy, you can see that he's constantly in a state of conflict. It shows in his eyes. Then within the past few days, he became more distant with each passing day. I knew something was wrong, but he kept on insisting that everything's alright. Then yesterday... he ended everything." I say looking out into empty space.

 

"He just ended everything just like that?" Kagome asks me.

 

"He was out the whole day yesterday, he came back close to night time. He told me that he figured everything out, that he didn't love me, that everything was all a lie... everything. That he was still the old him. The same lying and traitorous him.” I say looking at her.

 

"What was he like in the past few days? Was he acting out of the normal?" She asks me again.

 

"Well... not particularly anything too strange, everytime that I find him, he's always sitting outside, looking out with a furrow on his brows. Sometimes, I have to grab his hand to get him back into reality." I say looking at my hands.

 

"I see... was there anything that stuck out to you that he said during the.... break up yesterday?" She asks me again.

 

I don't respond, I think back to everything that he said during that painful conversation yesterday. Nothing particularly sticks out. As I try to remember everything that he through out at me, I finally remember something that he said. I turn to look at Kagome, I furrow my brows as I try to remember word for word.

 

"Well I remember one thing that stuck out, and it confused me slightly." I tell her.

 

"What was it?" Kagome ask me turning to me.

 

"After he told me that he didn't love me, he... he asked me if I must be hating him, despised him after knowing that he didn't had any feelings for me. He said to release all of my anger, it's what gives him strength. I felt heartbroken yes... but... I never felt hate towards him. Even now..." I say quietly. 

 

Kagome listens, then nods her head subtly. She takes a deep breath and looks out.

 

"This is just what I think after coming upon such things, I don't know if it's true or not but I hope it can ease your aching heart a little." Kagome says.

 

"I'll give it a listen and see from there." I respond. 

 

"Under some circumstances, to protect the one you love, hate is used." Kagome says.

 

Hate is used? To protect someone? How does that work really? I'm confused. But after hearing Kagome's theory, it made me think. 

 

"Really?" I ask her.

 

"Well, it's just a theory. But don't hold on to that thought for dear life, things may be different." She says patting my back.

 

"Yea... thanks Kagome. It eased everything slightly." I say to her with a smile.

 

"No need, you were such a lively girl, full of happiness and spirit. It's sad to see you lose all of your charm over something like this." She says.

 

"I know... it seems pathetic. Don't worry, I just need some time to comprehend everything." I say taking her hand.

 

"As long as you need to, you hungry? Dinner is almost ready." Kagome asks me.

 

"No... not really. I know it's been a whole day but I'm just not hungry today. Can you tell the others I'm sorry that I couldn't join them?" I ask Kagome.

 

"I understand. No worries, just make sure you get some rest at least tonight. Don't stay out too long alright?" She says with a smile.

 

"Yea, thanks Kagome." I reply with a smile.

 

Kagome hugs me and ruffles my hair. She then gets up and walks away. The moon is out now and the beautiful blue sky has completely transitioned into black. I close my eyes again, I can feel the wind blowing across the field, the flowers rustles as they graze pass each other. After all of that talking, I feel slightly better. The weight on my heart has reduced a bit, but Naraku still lingers on my mind. Wondering when I'll see him again, if I'll ever see him again. If I could, I would sleep out here, it's calming and serene. I then suddenly feel a strong gust of wind, I open my eyes at the sudden interruption across the beautiful field. I look around, just like it happened, the strong wind stops. Quietness fills the place again except for my racing heart, I look around the open field. I feel vulnerable all of a sudden. All over the place... except behind me. I turn around hoping to find the source of the disruption, and I do. His hair are like silver silks, his eyes bright as amber crystals, and the crescent moon in the middle of his forehead, it's him, the demon that tried to kill Naraku that night. I stand up and face him, he's still as a statue. His pure white kimono sways gently in the soft night wind, the big bundle of fur on his shoulder ruffles, no words exchanged between us. There's a sense of hostility, how can I see him as someone I can get close to? He tried to kill the man that I loved. 

 

"You didn't die..." He says flatly.

 

Nice way to start a conversation, yes I'm still alive thanks for asking.

 

"Yes, I was injured by your demonic whip, but as you can see I'm still alive." I reply back with hostility. 

 

"I didn't expect you to be here. I assumed that you went with Naraku." He says.

 

"That is none of your concern what goes on between Naraku and I. If you ask me why I'm doing here then I can ask you the same thing. If you don't want to answer that then don't expect me to answer back." I say to him.

 

He looks at me with his amber eyes, they're so emotionless you can't tell what he's thinking. 

 

"I came back here after searching for Naraku, I caught your scent and came here. There's also a girl named Rin that I visit often." He says.

 

His reply surpised me, I thought he was cold, but he actually answered me. He visits Rin a lot? He actually interacts that much with humans? But I'm still going to keep my distance from him.

 

"Well... I'm staying here with Kagome and Inuyasha for a while, that's why I'm here." I say flatly.

 

He doesn't reply but continues to look at me.

 

"Why did you, a human jump in front of a demon such as Naraku that day? Were you not afraid of death human?" He asks me.

 

I look back at him, I feel defensive all of a sudden.

 

"Well first, my name is___________, not "human" I remember your name, Sesshomaru right? Well listen here, I am afraid of death, I'm afraid of dying, who isn't? I don't know about you demons but we humans are. It's because I love Naraku that I forgot about my own safety and jumped in front of him, I did it to protect him, when you love and care for someone so deeply, you would do anything to protect them." I say to him.

 

He looks at me and furrows his brows, the crescent moon on his forehead slightly changes shape from the wrinkles. I don't even know why I'm talking to him. 

 

"Quite brave and foolish aren't you?" He asks me.

 

I feel my annoyance boiling. I close my eyes and sigh.

 

"I heard that you're Inuyasha's older brother, no wonder you have the same rash personality as him, except I'm more fond of Inuyasha than you. Perhaps I am foolish and brave in a foolish sense, but you want to know something? I don't have any regrets, I don't regret jumping in front of Naraku to protect him that night. I don't regret falling in love with him either. If you have nothing else to say, I'd like to leave. Nice meeting you." I say with surpressed irritation. 

 

I see him furrow his brows slightly more, I must have hit a nerve. I feel a slight sense of fear, he did almost kill me once, but it's not like I didn't come close to dying once already. Not waiting for any of his responses, I begin to walk towards the trees, away from the open field. From the corner of my eye I can see Sesshomaru turning and walking towards the same direction as I am, his silver white hair floating behind him, is he following me? Feeling a bit uncomfortable, I begin to walk faster. He did too. Without knowing I start to dash towards the trees, I then see him lunging forward and starts dashing through the flowers and grass. I feel my heart beating faster, a sense of dread fills my mind. Why is he following me? Is he trying to kill me for being such a brat to him? I feel fear, but do I regret telling him off? No. I've interacted with Inuyasha and Shippo, they are demons who are kind, I even fell in love with a demon, but Sesshomaru, I know nothing about him except coming close to death from his hands. Is he trying to finish me off like he was trying to do to Naraku? I run as fast as I can, my goal is to get into the trees, at least. As I come closer, I turn my head to the right to see where Sesshomaru is. My eyes go wide as I see him, pure white like a ghost, he has switched direction and is coming towards me. Seeing him lunging and dashing towards me stops me in my spot, the speed that he's coming at me can leave anyone blank and frozen. I want to move but I can't, why can't I? Is it because of his demonic aura or his sudden gracefulness? My mind does go blank, and the next thing I know, I see Sesshomaru's golden amber eyes right in front of me. He lunges and pushes me back onto the grassy ground, it's almost like he's the predator and I'm the prey. Everything happened so fast I couldn't comprehend anything, the ground hits me hard as Sesshomaru pins me down with his two arms on my wrists. I let out a groan of pain as it shoots through my body suddenly. I feel my heart stop for a second or two during the whole ordeal,I open my eyes and look back up. Sesshomaru is looming over me, his silver white hair falling to the side. His amber eyes burning into mine with no emotions, he just looks down at me and it makes me feel small. I'm breathing heavily, my heart is beating out of rhythm. What is he going to do? Kill me? I begin to squirm trying to free myself from his hold, but I can't. He doesn't budge at all, in fact his grip tightens even more, I feel that if he tightens just a little bit more he'll cut of the circulation in my wrists.

 

"Why are you running?" He asks me emotionless.

 

"Because I don't want to talk to a demon like you. Now let go of me, or if you're going to kill me then kill me." I say to him.

 

I see his eyes slightly widening.

 

"Even in moments like this, you're still asking things such as death?" He asks me.

 

"Well what else am I going to say? Let me live? I asked you to let me go but you aren't loosening your grip either. So the only other thing I can ask for is for you to kill me." I say with a huff. 

 

"What makes you so sure that I want to kill you?" He asks me.

 

I look at him dumbfounded, well isn't that why he followed my scent here? To finish me off? Due to me associating with Naraku. 

 

"Well... isn't that why you're here? To finish me off because you didn't kill Naraku that night? I'm associated with Naraku so aren't I an enemy to you?" I ask him slightly confused. 

 

"Foolish I see. You sure don't treasure your life like others." He says.

 

I look at his amber eyes, they seem to hold a sense of curiosity. His insult doesn’t seem to bother me as much as earlier. I suppose he does have a point, perhaps I should value my safety and life more. I want to ask him something. I relaxed my body and I look back up at him. At this point, Sesshomaru doesn't seem... so bad as I thought. 

 

"You were set on killing Naraku that night, but you pulled back your whip when I jumped in front of him, knowing you during that brief moment at our first meeting,you seemed like the type that wouldn't hesitate to killed anyone that stood in your way. So why did you retract your whip when I jumped in front of Naraku?" I ask Sesshomaru looking at his flawless face. 

 

He looks at me slightly taken by surprise from my question. I feel his grip on my wrists slightly loosens.