Goodbye Greeted By A Reunion

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

Morning rises and I wake up to the sunlight coming through my window. I sit up and like always, I sit there taking a minute or two to come to.

"Good morning Naraku." I say as I look up at the roof of my room.

I get up from my futon and grab my kimono and head out to wash up. After that, I return to my room. I walk over to the wilted Freesia, its flowers forever bowing. I touch its petals that has lost its firmness, I take out it out of the vase and I walk out to the garden in front of the house. Colorful flowers line along the ground neatly, I find an empty spot beside the Azaleas, in Chinese, they symbolize womanhood. I dig a hold and I place the Freesia inside, I then cover it up. I pat the soft dirt, smoothing it out. I hear faint horse hooves in the distance, I stand back up and look out. It looks like one of the guards that accompanied my parents and Sazanami on their trip, I walk to the front gate and wait for his arrival.

"Lady_________, I have news from the lord and lady. They will be back in 3 days time, and they will be bringing their allied lord and lady with them." He tells me.

"Oh? I thought it was a two week trip? Did something happen?" I ask him.

"Yes, Sazanami will be wed to the allied lord's son." He tells me.

My eyes goes wide, Sazanami's is getting married? That's wonderful but surprising.

"So if they are coming here, the wedding will be held at our estate?" I ask him.

"Yes, it was decided by the two lords." He replies.

"That's wonderful! I'm guessing mother and father wants me to prepare some things for their arrival?" I ask him with a laugh.

"You catch on fast lady_________. Yes, they expect this place to be welcoming and ready for a wedding." He replies with a slight laugh of his own.

"Alright, I understand. Thank you, get some rest, you must've had a long travel." I say to him.

He nods and bows. I go and eat breakfast then have a meeting with the maids and groundskeepers, then we begin to do our work. It's not just a one day preparation, it's literally a two day preparation at most. Half of the maids stays in the estate to clean, and prepare extra rooms for our guests. The other half and I go out into town to see if we need to buy anything. Before we know it, three quarter of the day goes by. Before dinner, I go out to a hill just on the outskirt of our town. The remaining sunlight illuminates the sky with its final orange flames. I look out into the horizon, the mountains lines the distance and birds fly in the air. The gentle spring breeze blowing across the field below me. I begin to wonder what Naraku is doing, is he looking up at the sky as well? I miss him, I can't go back and see him because like he said, I have responsibilities now. I touch my lips and I remember all the kisses that we've shared. I smile at the memories, but I miss him.

"I love you Naraku, I'll come see you as soon as I can." I say to myself.

I go back home and eat dinner, I decide to eat with the maids and groundskeepers. It's much better to make everyone feel like a family. Eventually, the night ends, I go to bed with Naraku in my heart and mind. The next day goes on like usual, we finished most of the cleaning, all of the wedding accessories are stocked and complete, waiting to be put up after the date of the wedding is confirmed. After dinner, I head out to the hill again by myself, the moonlight guides me there. I take one of the large towel with me, now that I think about it, I should have left one with Naraku.

Sazanami's getting married soon, looks like she finally found her special person. I don't regret not going on the trip with them at all, because if I did, things will not happen as they had. She has finally found her love, and I have found mine. Saza deserves happiness of her own, her own family and her own life, a life that's her own. It's time for me to let my older sister go. Eventually, my parents will have to let me go as well. I have found the love of my life, and I want to have a future with Naraku. I sigh and lay down on the soft green grass and close my eyes, I want to sleep out here, because I know that Naraku does every night. He has no place to go because of his missing past, he can only stay in the cherry blossom tree field and in the forest. If I could, I would bring him home with me but I know it will take time. I'll just have to deal with it and tell my parents after their return tomorrow, before the night falls any deeper I return home. The moon shines for hours till it's time for it to set and the sun hangs up high in the sky again, they'll be back soon I'm guessing. I quickly get up and wash up, I eat breakfast and with one final cleaning of the house by the maids, we hear horses and carriages outside our house. I go outside to greet my parents and their guests, there were a few extra people back that's for sure, a few guards accompanied the allied lord. Exiting the carriage are my mother, a lady who looks about my mother's age and Sazanami.

"Mother! Saza! Welcome back!" I say running up to meet Sazanami.

I haven't seen her in a few days but she looks even more beautiful. We hug each other like how close sisters would.

"Missed you_________, glad to see you've been well." She says pulling back.

"Missed you as well, congratulations on your engagement, I'm so happy for you. Who is your soon to be husband?" I ask her with an excited smile.

"Thank you___________, going on this trip was a choice that I would gladly make again if I could. His name is Kazeyoke, he's a year older than me." She says turning back.

I look behind her and from a horse, a young handsome man hops off, he has a sword on his hip. He's wearing a white and pale blue kimono, colors that symbolizes the wind just like his name. His black hair is tied back and he has bangs covering his eyebrows. He walks over to us and bows to me, I bow back in return.

"Nice to meet you Lady_________, Sazanami has told me a lot about her younger "sister." Kazeyoke says with a gentle smile.

"Yes, nice to meet you too lord Kazeyoke. Congratulations on your engagement to Saza, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here." I say to him.

"Thank you for the hospitality." He says.

I greet my parents and Kazeyoke's parents, we lead them to their rooms, we ate lunch together. We went out into town, my parents showed them around. My mother, Kazeyoke's mother and I help Sazanami pick out a wedding kimono. I watched Kazeyoke and Sazanami together, the smiles on their faces were ones of love. In such a short time, they fell in love. I'm happy for Sazanami, I really am. Although I'm happy for her, deep down my own sadness exists. My parents are together, the lord and lady are together, and Sazanami and Kazeyoke are together. All except for me, Naraku and I are a day away from one another. I miss him, I wish I can walk around with him like Kazeyoke and Sazanami. How will my parents take it when I tell them that Naraku is a demon... I know Sazanami knows everything, but my parents are another matter. The wedding is decided the day after tomorrow, another day without seeing Naraku, I'm surprised I've survived this long. When night rolls in, we enjoy a nice dinner together. Talks and laughs fills the eating hall, I joined in conversations. I got to know the lord and lady a bit, and Kazeyoke himself, he was out fighting in battles so he never had time for love. Luckily, he returned home a half a month earlier and met Sazanami on the trip at the right time. The red string of fate is tied on their fingers as well. After dinner, we had a relaxing tea time together. When it creeps closer to midnight, we all turn in. Sazanami came back with me to my room to talk for a while.

"Can you believe it? One more day and you'll be married. It almost feels like you only left yesterday and came back today with a fiancé. It's almost unbelievable." I say with a laugh.

"I know I almost can't believe it myself either. I never thought that I could fall in love with someone like Kazeyoke, someone who's above me in so many aspects especially status wise. Then, to mutually fall in love and soon to be wedded." She says sighing with a smile.

"What do you mean Saza? You've been with me since I was practically a toddler, you took care of me like a real sister. We are practically sisters, my parents basically see you as their daughter. If you weren't, I wouldn't think that they would've allowed you to be married." I tell her nudging her arm.

"I suppose you're right. To able be part of this family is a gift from heaven, and to have someone like you as my younger sister figure is also a gift. I'm grateful to the lord and lady." She says.

"All we want is for you to be happy, it's about time for you to have your own path to follow and a family. Love can take years, and it can take just mere second and minutes to surface and consume us. For you two to fall in love at first sight mutually is destined fate." I say to her holding her hand.

Sazanami places her hand over mine and tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Oh, I just noticed, Atamashi is gone. Did he fly away?" She asks looking around the room.

"Yes he did, Naraku and I set him free." I tell her.

"How are things between you and Naraku? Still good friends?" She asks me with a smile.

"Of course, in fact, we're more than friends now." I tell her with a smirk.

She smiles and hugs me.

"You two are lovers now?! That's wonderful, I'm so happy for you. Guess it took some time, but eventually everything worked out." She says.

"Well not everything." I say quietly.

"What's the matter?" She asks me concerned.

"I've regained my memories from 12 years ago, of that person that I forgot. Turns out, it was Naraku." I tell her.

"12 years prior? Even after losing your memories you two met again. Looks like your fate and his are bound to meet till you two fell in love. You've regained your memories but... something's still the matter." She replies.

"Yes, I've regained my memories, but Naraku still hasn't. And I can't tell him my memories despite us being lovers now." I say with a smile.

Sazanami stays silent for a while.

"You don't want to fill him with what you remember, because if he regains his own memories one day it might be completely different than how you remember it. You don't want the possibility of him resenting you when he remembers everything. You don't want to force a dreamlike fantasy memory onto him from your memories, you want him to remember that night all by himself. Then you can both slowly piece together your respective memories to construct that complete memory from that night. Am I right?" She says.

"Exactly. I want him to remember the encounter all by himself, then in hopes of doing that, our love can deepen even more." I say.

"The past is the past, if you dwell on the past you will never move on. When forgotten memories comes back, let them come back, but the present is what we need to focus on. We don't even need to think about the future so hard either because it will eventually be today. Like I said before I left, treasure that special person in your life, no matter what. True love only comes around once, and you don't want to let that go. Naraku is the one for you I can see that, despite being a demon. So love him and fight for him alright?" Sazanami tells me.

"Of course. Thanks Sazanami." I reply giving her a hug.

"One day, you'll have to tell your parents about him if you want to spend the rest of your life together. Since I know Naraku is a demon, I'm completely fine with him. Your parents may not, things may change when he regains his memories also, so keep that in mind. But when you do need a hand when it comes to telling your parents, send me a letter and I'll come to help you convince your parents. I better get going, tomorrow includes preparations. Goodnight__________." Sazamani says with a smile.

"Yea, thanks Saza. Goodnight and rest well." I say to her.

She nods and gets up, she opens the door and exit to return to her own room. I blow out the candles and sit down on my futon and look out the open window.

"Wonder how my parents will react after hearing that you're a demon..." I sigh.

I descend onto my futon and lie on my side, I inhale deeply and then exhale. I tell myself to put that aside for now and focus on the upcoming wedding preparations, I nod to myself and eventually fall asleep. The next day goes on smoothly, Kazeyoke and Sazanami spent more time together. My parents continue to show Kazeyoke's parents around, I accompanied them to some places so that they won't leave me out. When night arrives, after dinner Sazanami, my mother and some of our maids go to Saza's room to try on the wedding kimono to see if any adjustments are needed and what accessories will go with it. I help the maids with Sazanami's hair, my mother help organize the accesories on the desk for tomorrow. We then choose some lip colors to match her and light makeup, it took almost an hour but eventually we got everything down. The hairstyle, makeup, dress, and accessories, we memorized it all for tomorrow. Afterwards, Sazanami goes and wash up. The adults all head to bed for the big day tomorrow, I just finish changing into my night wear when a knock is heard on my door.

"Come in." I respond.

The door slides open and Sazanami enters. She walks over and sits down in front of me.

"One final conversation with you before I'm wedded to Kazeyoke and move to his hometown." She says inhaling with a nostalgic smile.

"I know. Be happy Saza, tomorrow will be one of your happiest moment in life. Smile, and enjoy the moment alright?" I say taking her hand.

"Of course I will___________. Having my "family" with me on my wedding day that I never thought could happen, it will be my greatest joy." She says with a nod.

She then looks behind me, and has a slight curious look on her face.

"I just noticed, what happened to the Freesia?" She asks me.

"Oh... it wilted." I respond back to her.

"You didn't have time to water it when I was gone..." She says with a slight frown.

"Ya, I was with Naraku for one extra day, one more day after we confessed to each other of our love, I couldn't come back and water it, I neglected it and it wilted. I buried it by the Azaleas." I say to her looking at the ground.

"So it was that decision to stay that one extra day that caused the flower to wilt, but it was a decision that has brought you joy and happiness. The Freesia symbolized one's innocence and youth, I see the wilting of Freesia as "outgrowing" your youth and innocence, and by making the decision to bury it beside the Azaleas, you are saying goodbye to your childhood, innocence, and youth, and finally transitioning into womanhood. It's about time I think, you fell in love, you're taking responsibilities and you've definitely matured beautifully. Perhaps getting a new flower that can symbolize the new you will be nice." Sazanami says rubbing my hands gently with a smile.

"I think I will, after I tell my parents about Naraku and I, and hopefully our future marriage." I say with a wishful smile.

"Have faith and love. They say that love can conquer a lot of things, I'll be rooting for your love. Goodnight my dear____________. I'm honored to have you in the audience at my wedding." She hugs me.

"Of course, thank you Saza. Goodnight." I reply back to her hugging her tightly.

Sazanami then stands up and blows out the candle for me, reminding me just like back then when we were younger, she would blow out the candles for me. Tonight, it will be her last time. The stars lays out across the night sky, dazzling away along with the hours, in no time, morning as arrived. I hear the birds chirping outside and I immediately open my eyes, I sit up and wait for a while to regain my senses after a night's sleep. I already hear noises outside of my room, preparations has already started. I grab my kimono that is used for special occasions and hurry to wash up, decorations are being hung up and cooking in the kitchen. The town can join in for the ceremony if they wish, but the wedding feast will only be within the families. I greet Kazeyoke and his family, Sazanami hasn't seen him yet, it's kind of like a tradition in weddings, it's best if the bride and groom doesn't see each other before the ceremony. Preparations took up all morning, my mother and I and some of the maids has gathered in Sazanami's room to help dress her up. After dressing her up, my mother gives her a hug, and leaves the room to be with my father and Kazeyoke's parents.

"Big day is here. Don't be nervous Saza, be happy." I say taking her hand into mine.

"I will, thank you. Go and be with your parents, I'll see you in a bit." She says tucking a lock of hair behind my ear with a smile.

I nod, two maids will be helping her out later. I quickly exit the room and go out to join my parents, our whole household are out and waiting, some of the townspeople has stopped by to see this celebration. I quickly take the seat next to my parents, Sazanami has really became my sister throughout these years, my parents practically adopted her if you look at it in a different angle. Sazanami and the other maids and groundskeepers has became very close as well, one big family indeed. In no time, from the front door that's decorated with wedding decorations that sways in the gentle afternoon breeze, Kazeyoke comes out in his wedding kimono with Sazanami next to him. Such a beautiful scene. They bow to us as a form of gratitude and respect, then to each other. They then said their vows, then cheers and clapping fills the place. Just like that, Sazanami married Kazeyoke. Such a fleeting moment, but so beautiful and will last forever in one's memory. Afterwards, we had a wedding feast, when afternoon is coming to an end, it's time for Sazanami to leave. We help her pack all of her belongings, she then turns to us and gives us one final bow.

"Thank you my lady and lord for taking care of me all these years, you were like my own parents, even though I've never knew my parents, I'm grateful and so lucky to have been part of this amazing family." Sazanami says to my parents.

"No thanks are needed, you've helped take care of__________ at such young ages when we didn't have the time. We eventually saw you as our second daughter, it's time for us to allow you start your own life now Sazanami, be happy." My mother says hugging her.

Sazanami nods and turns to me and takes my hand.

"I'll miss talking to you, I won't be there to take care of you anymore so you have to look after yourself. Come visit when you have time, and hopefully I'll be able to see my niece or nephew from my non-related sister." Sazanami says with a laugh.

"I will. And I hope I'll see your children as well. Take care Saza." I reply back to her with a hug.

"If you ever need anything just ask, it will be nice if we can all live together." Kazeyoke's father tells my father.

"Same to you dear friend. Yes, perhaps one day we will. Have a safe trip home." My father tells his.

"Take care of Sazanami for me Lord Kazeyoke." I tell him.

"Don't worry, I will, please come and visit when you have time." He responds with a ruffle to my hair.

With one final goodbye, Sazanami went off to her new home. The evening is starting to push away the bright afternoon, I want to go into town to get some fresh air.

"Mother, father, I'm going to go into town for a bit, I'll be back before dinner." I tell them.

They nod, I then head off to the center of the town. People are out and about going on with their day, people eating and selling items. After walking for a bit, I stop by a flower stand. I kneel down and look at all the colorful flowers lining the ground.

"Do you want to buy one?" The seller asks.

"Oh not today, I'm just taking a look a look that's all." I reply to her.

As I look at the flowers, someone gently taps on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but are you________?"A woman's voice asks from behind me.

She sound slightly familiar, I stand up and turn around, she has black hair that falls just below her shoulder, she's wearing a priestess's outfit. Big brown eyes and a bright smile, she looks really familiar. She seems to be quite certain that I'm the person's she's looking for, which is quite surprising.

"Yes I'm her, but I'm sorry priestess, do I know you?" I ask her.

"My, it's only been 12 years and you forgot. I know it was a brief meeting then but one's appearance doesn't change that drastically does it?" She says with a laugh.

12 years ago? I look slightly behind her and I see someone in a bright red kimono, his long white hair gentle sways in the evening breeze. His dog ears standing straight up on his head. My eyes goes wide as I realize who it is right away. It's.... Inuyasha. He smirks and gives me a wave, beside him is Miroku, and Shippo. So that means that this young woman in front of me is...

"Kagome?" I ask her.

"Hey_____________. Nice seeing you again." She waves with a smile.