Let The Flower Petals Float Free

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

My mother opens the sliding door to their room after walking to the end of the hallway, she enters and I step in after her and I close the door behind me. I turn around and I see my father sitting on the other side of the tea table, my mother walk around it and sits down beside him. I kneel down on my side of the table and I look at them.

“What is it that you want to talk about?” I ask them.

“First, we hope you can understand our concerns earlier about you and Naraku. I know that we’ve been busy when you were younger and didn’t spend a lot of time with you, but just know that as parents, we worry for your safety and happiness. We wanted to make sure that Naraku is right for you, and that he’s a good despite being a demon and someone who will love you and care for you for the rest of your life.” My father says.

“Mother, Father, you don’t need to apologize for anything. Although I was frustrated, I understood why you were asking all of those questions. I’m just glad that we were able to to convince you and show that Naraku is the one that I love and how much I want to spend the rest of my life with him.” I answer back with a bow.

“We worried about your love life, but I suppose we don’t need to anymore. Now, that leads to what we are going to tell you next.” My mother says.

“Oh? What is it? Is it serious?” I ask them with a slight furrow in my brows.

“It’s nothing bad, in fact, Sazanami came to visit us a month ago.” My father says with a smile.

“Really? Saza came back to visit? How is she?” I ask them with a happy smile.

I haven’t seen Sazanami in so long, I wish I could meet her again. Such a shame that we passed each other in such bad timing.

“She’s doing fine, she and her lord are doing well. To add on to good news, Sazanami is pregnant.” My father answers.

“How wonderful, she's going to start her family soon, is this all you want to talk to me about?” I ask them again.

“No, Sazanami came here for a visit and to also ask us something. We have told Sazanami where you were since she was wondering, she has come up with a suggestion for us. Since we’re aiming for our 60’s now, Sazanami has asked us to live with them when you have found your other half. The Lord and Lady are also dear friends of ours as well, I suppose she thought that after you leave we will be lonely.” My father adds.

“Sazanami said that she wants to repay us for everything that we have done for her while she was with us, we were family and still are. It seems that when the child is born, she wants us to be there for it and act as its grandparents.” My mother says.

“That’s great, what did you say to her?” I reply back looking at them with happiness for them.

“We told her that we would think about it, since we didn’t know when you’ll be able to find your other half. Also, after we leave what would happen to the maids, housekeepers, and the house itself?” My father answers.

That’s is true, there are a lot of things to think about and organize. My mind starts to tick, then everything seem to fall into place. I smile and I look at them.

“Father, Mother, since I have found my other half now, I also know where I want to live, you can send a letter to Sazanami. You can rest easy and go and spend a peaceful life with your dear friends and Saza, I’ll be fine.” I say to them.

They look at me slightly surprised.

“___________, are you sure? Will you be alright?” My mother asks concerned.

“Of course I will be, I’m not a child anymore, it’s time that I take responsibility. Can I ask a question?” I ask them back.

“Of course what is it?” My father replies.

“I’ll inherit the estate is that correct?” I clarify with them.

“Indeed, why do you ask? What do you have in mind?” He answers.

“Rest easy and go live with Sazanami, I’ll be inheriting the estate, but I won’t be living here. I want to live with Kagome and the others back at Lady Kaede’s village. Although I won’t be living here anymore, but I want to turn this estate into something more.” I say with a smile.

“Oh? And what would you turn it into?” My mother asks me lifting her eyebrows slightly.

“I want to turn this estate into a botanical garden, I want this place to display flowers that I loved so much. I want flowers to surround this whole estate and display their beauty for everyone to see.” I say.

My parents’ eyes goes wide but then softens with a smile, they both nod after hearing my idea.

“Looks like our____________ has finally grew up, and we’re proud. Alright, after hearing you say that, your mother and I can finally rest easy. We will pass down everything to you and retire to Sazanami’s town. I’ll send out a letter in the morning and let her know of our arrival.” My father nods.

“Thank you father and mother, and thank you for trusting me and believing in me. I’ll take care of everything before my departure.” I say with a bow.

“Familial trust is a must, you have so many people that cares for you and loves you, and we can trust you to them. We have to let you go eventually, just didn’t though it would be this early. Now, go, get some rest, Naraku is waiting.” My mother says softly with a smile.

“Of course, goodnight father, goodnight mother.” I reply.

I bow to both of them and I stand up, I walk to the door and slide it open, I step out and close it shut. How nice it is to hear from Sazanami again, I wish I can go visit her but I have some of my own things to take care of first. Although it has been a while, but to hear that Saza’s pregnant along side me is such great news. We grew up together as sisters, and we will become mothers together as well. I smile at the thought, I then remember Naraku. I walk back down the hallway to my room, I place my hand on the door, through the cloth screen door, I can see a dim flicker of a candle in my room. I slide the door open slowly and I look inside, Naraku is standing by the open window of my room and looking out at the star lit sky. His long black wavy hair gently swaying in the subtle breeze, I can’t see his face.

“Naraku.” I say his name quietly.

Naraku turns around and our eyes meet, they are like rings of fire that’s reflecting off the candle light. How gorgeous and unique, he shows me a gentle smile. He holds out his left arm out to me, I close the sliding door behind me and I walk across the room towards him taking his hand. His cool skin soothing me, he pulls me gently to him. His other arm comes around my waist and I relax my body against his, our faces just near centimetres. I can feel his soft and rhythmic breathing against my face.

“You’re back.” He quietly says.

“Yes, my parents wanted to talk to me about them and they gave me some good news.” I tell him with a smile.

“You look happy, do you mind telling me what it is?” He asks me.

“Not at all, I’d be happy to tell you. My personal maid when I was younger who I grew up with, Sazanami, has married off to a lord in another town about half a year or so ago. I never looked at her as my maid, she was more like my older sister. She came to visit my parents not too long ago and had asked them to come live with her in her estate, she is also pregnant. My parents are nearing their 60’s soon, Sazanami thinks it would be good for them to be with their friends, who also happen to be Sazanami’s husband's parents, that is when I’m gone living with you.” I tell him.

“I see, I assume they had their worries and wanted to make sure that you have everything taken care of.” Naraku says.

“Yes, but I believe everything’s figured out now. Since I’m an adult now, I’m going to take responsibilities. I told my parents to rest easy and go live with Sazanami, because I know I won’t be living here although I’ll inherit this estate.” I tell him looking out.

“You want to live in Kaede’s village. Am I correct?” He asks me with a smile.

“You know me quite well, yes, I would like to live in Lady Kaede’s village with Kagome and the others. Also, I think it’d be nice to live at your castle once in a while as well.” I tell him looking at is vivid orbs.

Naraku gently caresses my cheek lovingly, he shows me a nod.

“Of course, if it will make you happy. It’s not my castle anymore, it’s ours. It will always be a place for us to return to. What would you do about the estate then if you’re not going to live here?” He says.

“If you remember, I always loved flowers when I was younger, and it was because of a cherry blossom tree that we met. I want to turn this estate into a botanical garden, I want flowers to surround the whole place. A place where people can come and enjoy the beauty of the flowers in full bloom, and come in and rest. I don’t want this place to be abandoned, I want to preserve my childhood here and fill this place with something that I always loved, and those are flowers.” I say quietly.

“How can I forget, that cherry blossom tree brought us back to each other so many times. That would be nice, keep this place preserved. I assume your housekeepers and maids will look after the estate?” Naraku says, his eyes looking at mine.

I never thought of that aspect, Naraku’s right. I’m glad that he brought it up, now I don’t have to worry about finding people. The people that has been in this family has always been here, and I’m sure that they would stay to help preserve the history of this place.

“Thanks for reminding me Naraku, now, I have everything in place. Come on.” I smile at him.

I close the window till only a slit remains, I take Naraku by the hand and I guide him to the two person futon. I hold his gaze as the two of us sit down onto the silk fabric, it’s time for us to rest. I gently take off his vest, and then untie the knot of his kimono, the fabric rustles as I slide it off of his shoulders. His bare and pale skin is so flawless it seem to reflect off the candle light, he’s exquisite. I look at his bare body, and I begin to wonder about something. I think I know everything about him that their is to know, life wise, history wise, mentally and intimately, but there’s something that I haven’t asked him yet and I’m curious.

“Naraku?” I ask him.

“Yes?” He replies.

“This may sound a bit stupid, or late, so don’t laugh or anything. I know that you’re a demon, but I never really asked you or knew what type of demon you are, or were. So… what kind of demon are you?” I ask him feeling slightly embarrassed that I don’t even know that aspect of my love.

Naraku looks at me, his eyebrows slightly rising but then he shows me a smile with a gentle shake of his head.

“It’s nothing to feel embarrassed about, it’s not like I go around telling everyone what I am. Besides, my outer appearance doesn’t show what demon I am unlike Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, who are dog demons. If you want to know, I am a spider demon." Naraku says looking to the side with a chuckle.

“Ehh…. spider, not really my favourite type of bug in the bug and insect world.” I say scrunching my nose together.

Naraku smiles and looks down at the ground, I smile upon seeing his smile. I take his hand in mine and I hold it with love. He looks back at me, his black bangs just barely covering his eyes.

“Although they are not my favourite thing in the nature world, but you’re an exception, you’re special, so special to me. You’re the only spider and spider demon in this world that I will love unconditionally. Do you know if you’re able to turn into your spider form now?” I ask him softly.

“I appreciate your love for me_________. I was able to shift forms in my past life whenever I wanted to, now I’m not sure anymore since I haven’t changed after being reborn. But, if I have to guess, I’ll be able to if I try since I am still a demon. “Naraku says.

“Although I’m use to you in this form, but I think it will take a while for me to see you with 8 extra arms.” I say looking at him with a slight squint of my eyes.

“ I won’t change into my spider form, I’m content being in this form. I'm able to touch you and feel you intimately. I would like to hold you now, don’t worry, I won’t bite.” Naraku tells me with a chuckle.

He pulls me into him and I fall against his strong chest, his lips finds mine. His soft silky lips caresses me with love, I close my eyes as I feel his tongue finding mine. The heat of our kiss causes my mind to slowly fade away, I feel Naraku’s hands untying my obi and then proceed to untie my kimono knots while our tongues dances. He then slides my attire off of my shoulders. I break the kiss and I rest my forehead gently against his chin as he sheds my kimono, the two of us now bare, holding each other on the silky futon. I can feel his chest rising and falling as he holds me to him. His breath fills my senses.

“I wish that I can make love to you tonight, but with everyone so close to us, I think it might disturb them all.” Naraku says above me with a smile.

He lightly brushes aside a few strands of my hair away from my face. I can’t help but smile with a soft chuckle, how I want to feel him too, but he’s right. I lift my head and look at his eyes that are so close to mine.

“I wish that too, but you’re right. We will have all the time in the future to love each other as much as we want.” I tell him quietly with a smile.

Naraku smiles and nods, he lowers his head and kisses me softly. The two of us descend onto the cool futon, we lay side by side. I pull the cover over the two of us, and I rest my arm underneath my head as we gaze at each other. Our black hair are like obsidian silk laying around us. We are holding each other’s hands, I rest my head just under his chin again and I close my eyes. Although we are holding each other bare to the skin, we are going to pass tonight’s opportunity to show each other our love for one another.

“Goodnight love.” I whisper.

“Goodnight my love.” He replies.

I fall asleep in the arms of the demon that I love so dear, I feel the gentle sunlight on my bare skin. I open my eyes and I see black silk strands reflecting off the sunlight, they’re Naraku’s hair. I look up at the being beside me, I’m greeted by a pair of bright red eyes gazing at me with a gentle smile.

“Naraku, you’re awake?” I ask him slightly surprised.

“Yes, I’m a demon, I don’t require rest. I did sleep for a little while last night and woke up a few hours earlier.” He tells me.

“Right, forgot about that part. You said you woke up a few hours earlier, did something wake you up?” I ask him thinking on his words.

“Yes in fact, I sensed a faint life aura inside of you. It finally surfaced.” Naraku tells me.

My eyes widens slightly as I hear that, Naraku can finally sense our child’s beating heart that’s slowing forming inside of me. I smile and I sit up, Naraku sits up as well. I take his hand with my left as I rest my other on my stomach, I feel so happy. I can feel my stomach has become bigger in the smallest sense. I look at Naraku, he’s smiling as well as he gives my hand a gentle squeeze.

“We’re going to become parents in a few more months, but he will be born as a half demon. Will you be alright with that?” I ask him.

“Of course, to me, it doesn’t matter if our child will be a demon, a human, or half. I was a demon and a half demon but you’ve accepted me for who I am and what I am, and to be able to start a family with you one day is a gift.” Naraku tells me caressing my cheek.

“I’m glad.” I quietly reply.

I lean my forehead against his strong chest and I take in his scent. The two of us dress up and head out of our room, I wash up quickly and the two of us meet up with everyone else at the eating hall. My parents are sitting on one side of the table, Miroku, Kagome, and Inuyasha on the other side.

“Morning.” I greet them all.

“Thought you guys were never getting out of that room.” Inuyasha says with a smirk.

I clear my throat and glance at Naraku, he has his eyes closed. I think he’s tolerating Inuyasha’s remarks. I see Kagome’s left arm roughly smack Inuyasha on the leg underneath the table. Inuyasha’s dog ears twitches and he glares at Kagome, Kagome glares back. How funny. Everyone else greets us back with a smile, we all sit down and have breakfast.

“___________ your mother and I have sent out a letter to Sazanami, we should get a letter back within the next day or two.” My father tells me.

“That’s great, in the meantime you and mother should prepare for the trip.” I say to them.

“We should.” My mother says with a sigh.

“Sazanami? As in your personal maid?” Kagome asks.

“Yes, she has came to visit us but I was away with you all. Sazanami has suggested my parents to go live with her and lord in her estate when I have found the one that I will be spending the rest of my life with. She suggested it because her husband’s parents are dear friends of my parents, and when I move out they would be lonely. So she thinks that by living with them will keep my parents company, also, Sazanami is pregnant, she wants to repay my parents for giving her a home here for so many years. When the child is born, she wants my parents to act as her children’s grandparents. ” I fill her in in the conversation.

“I see, and now that you have found the one that you truly love, your parents can rest easy and go live with Sazanami. We’re will you be living then when they leave?” Kagome asks me.

“I was hoping to live in Lady Kaede’s village with you all.” I say looking at her.

“We would love to have you living with us back at the village with Naraku, you have became family to us.” Miroku tells us with a smile.

“We appreciate your acceptance.” Naraku thanks Miroku.

“And the house? Who will take care of the house if the masters are all gone?” Inuyasha asks.

“The master of the house will be gone, but the estate will still remain. Since I have loved flowers ever since I was little, I want to turn this place into a garden, a garden filled with flowers for people to enjoy and rest at. I want to preserve a part of my memories here, and I will ask the maids and groundskeepers to make that happen.” I tell them my idea.

“That sounds wonderful__________, everything will work out fine.” Kagome smiles at me.

We finish up breakfast and we get ready to start our day, Kagome, Miroku, and Inuyasha will stay a few days with me until my parents’ departure and until I can hand down the estate and legacy of our home to our housekeepers. My parents have started to pack, The 5 of us head out to town and see if we need anything to take back with us on the trip back to Lady Kaede’s village, Naraku’s hand and mine are entwined as we walk side by side. People are out and about in the morning sun.

“So how are Sango and the others, are they doing alright?” I ask them.

“Sango’s fine, and so are Lady Kaede, Rin and Shippo are doing alright as well.” Kagome replies.

“That’s good, I must have surprised them all with my sudden departure, guess I’ll have to tell them everything.” I say with a smile.

“Eh, don’t think you need to, they already have a hunch that you’re fine. Just say hi to them when we return.” Inuyasha says.

“We will, I can’t wait to start the second half of my life with you all.” I tell them.

“Indeed, although we were enemies once, and to think that I’ll be living alongside you all in this life still feels out of place, but in these few months has shown me that the past will stay in the past and the present and future is what matters.” Naraku adds.

“Yes, our differences has been resolved, and__________ has helped us all to understand each other a bit more.” Miroku replies with a smile.

The 5 of us went around each stand looking at the goods that are being sold, I show them around town and had lunch together. Some people around town looked at Inuyasha and looked at him with curiosity and wonder, his dog ears and white hair aren’t hard to miss. Naraku’s eyes stands out quite vividly as well, some people glances at him as we walk pass them. Naraku paid no attention to them, I figured that living at a place where everyone knows Naraku and accept him as him will be a better place, and that is Lady Kaede’s village. Before we know it, afternoon has ended and evening has come around we all head back to my estate, my parents has finished packing half of their belongings. We all sit down for dinner together.

“Are you planning on taking any of the furnitures and things with you all?” I ask them.

“No, we don’t need to, besides, where would we put them in someone else’s estate? I believe this soon to be botanical garden and tea house will need these more than we will.” My mother says with a laugh.

She has a point, it would be a bit weird to decorate someone else’s house with your own things.

“So when do you think Sazanami’s letter will arrive?” I ask them.

“Perhaps tomorrow, and when we leave, will all of you as well?” My father asks.

“Yes, that’s our plan.” Inuyasha replies eating his rice.

My parents nod in understanding, we finish dinner and have some tea before bed. Kagome, Inuyasha, and Miroku return to their rooms to rest, and Naraku and I return to my room. I close the sliding door behind us and I turn around, Naraku is waiting for me in the middle of the room with a gentle smile. Finally our alone time, Naraku’s red eyes shines in the candle light, he looks absolutely flawless. His fair white skin and pitch black wavy hair compliments each other, I step onto the silky futon and I take his hand that is stretched out to me. The curves of our hands fits with each other perfectly, almost as if we’re made for each other. He gently pulls me into him, his other arm slides around my waist. I rest my face against his strong chest just below his chin, his scent fills my senses and I close my eyes.

“A few more days until things go back to how it use to be.” I say quietly as I hold onto his kimono.

“It doesn’t matter how many more days or where, as long as you’re with me that’s all that matters.” I hear him say next to my ear.

I nod in response, we shed our respective kimonos and lay down onto the futon beside each other. I suppose this is the pros of not having your nightwear with you, I get to feel Naraku’s bare skin so close to mine. The two of us fall asleep, and another day ends. I open my eyes with sleep still lacing my consciousness, the warm sun shines through the window of my room and lights my vision. It took me a while but I force myself to open my eyes completely, I see someone sitting beside me clad in their kimono. Their dark navy blue fabric reflecting off the sunlight, and I know by the kimono that it’s Naraku.

“Good morning Naraku.” I murmur out.

“Good morning my love.” He replies gently.

I feel him loom down and kissing me lightly on my temple, having our first interaction of the day being in the form of a kiss wakes me up completely. I quickly get dressed and the two of us head to the eating hall after washing up. We see Kagome and the others sitting on one side of the table like usual, and my parents on the other.

“Morning.” Naraku and I greet them all.

The all reply back with a greeting a smile, we all sit down and enjoy a nice breakfast together. I begin to think, after we all head on our way, when will we have breakfast like this again. Everything seem melancholic all of a sudden, but then someone squeezes my hand gently. It pulls me back into reality and I look at who it is, it’s Naraku. The red of his eyes flared like fire as they gaze into mine with gentleness, yes…I shouldn’t think too far ahead into the future, the present matters the most. After breakfast, my parents go out to run some errands and to take care of some business. Kagome, Inuyasha, and Miroku go around town by themselves and to explore what’s around outside of town. Naraku and I have our own alone time, I want to take this opportunity to go to a flower shop and buy flower seeds for my visionary botanical garden. The two of us finally come upon a pretty large flower shop, and like it’s name, flowers in pots are outside the shop and inside.

“I think this place is new, I haven’t seen this shop before.” I say looking around.

“It looks like it would have many varieties of flowers, enough to fill your own estate.” Naraku says.

Naraku holds his left arm out and brushes the petal of a red Camellia flower, but then retreats his hand. His movements were subtle but I caught it.

“Why did you retreat your hand?” I ask him.

Naraku smiles and turns to me, his bangs moves slightly as he turns.

“I was reminded of who I was when I touched something so delicate, I would assume that an evil demon like me would have destroyed the life force of such beauty.” He tells me.

I smile at his words, and I shake my head in disagreement. I pick up the pot of red Camellia flowers and I touch the velvet like petals, I look back at Naraku. His eyes bright red just like the flowers.


“If you were still evil, you would have killed the flower by now by draining its life force and beauty, but you didn’t. You touched it, but look at it, it’s still alive isn’t it? I think you chose a nice flower, it suits you.” I tell him with a smile.

He looks at me slightly confused, he looks at the Camellia flower and back at me.

“It suits me?” He asks.

“Yes, at least I believe it does. Coming from someone who understands flower on a professional level, it does quite a bit. Well one, the red of the petals matches perfectly with your unique red eyes. The other reason being, the flower symbolizes a noble death among samurais and nobles. You have died the second time by trying to protect me, although you’re not a samurai, but you died without fear when protecting me. For that, I like to see that as noble and selfless. Also, the Camellia symbolizes love as well, which you have come to understand after being reborn.” I tell him.

Naraku looks at me slightly dumbfounded, but lets out a smile. I hold out the flower pot to him and he takes it, he touches the petals again and gazes down at it.

“Thank you__________, for seeing that I’m so much more than what I am.” Naraku replies with a gentle smile.

“You’re not just something more Naraku you’re everything to me. I suppose the Camellia will be the first flower.” I reply with a chuckle.

Naraku nods, I go around the stores picking out a few packages of flower seeds. I’ll just buy a few flowers for now and hopefully when things work out, more additions will be added. I bought some seeds of Camellias, Sunflowers, Hydrangeas, Daffodils, Bellflowers, Irises, Lavenders, Red Roses, and Carnations. I didn’t buy a lot of seeds, just a few for starters. I bring the packages back home with Naraku by my side holding the pot of Camellias that I bought. After walking through town, we finally arrive back to my estate. I see my parents talking with one of the groundskeeper and he hands my father something of a letter.

“Father what is that?” I ask him walking up to them with Naraku.

“A letter came from Sazanami.” He replies with a smile.

He opens the letter and reads it along with my mother, I smile and look at Naraku.

“That’s great, what does the letter say?” I ask my parents again.

“She says that the lord and lady are waiting for our arrival and her as well, she wishes you happiness with Naraku and that she misses you. She’s says that we can leave as soon as we are ready. She says by the time we arrive everything will be prepared for us.” My mother reads the letter.

“I guess the time is finally here, when will you be leaving?” I ask them.

“We’re basically finished packing, so I guess tomorrow morning will be our departure. How about you and the others____________?” My father says and asks me.

“We have decided to leave whenever you are, so I guess we will be leaving with you and mother tomorrow morning.” I say to them as I take Naraku’s hand in mine.

“I see, I suppose tonight will be the last night of all of us being together. How I wish we can all live together.” My mother says with a sigh.

“I know mother, but eventually, we will have to leave each other. Although Saza wasn’t part of our family to begin with, but she has became my sister and a daughter to you both in time. She’s taking my place to spend time with you when I have my own path to walk, let Sazanami take my place so that you won’t be lonely in the future, I have a lot of things to take care of for the time being so I suppose I could use the time. Don’t worry, I’ll visit you both and Sazanami when I have everything figured out.” I tell them with a smile.

“Alright, and since you’ll be leaving tomorrow, it looks like you have to settle everything that involves the estate by tonight.” my father reminds me.

Right, I almost forgot. Everything’s moving so fast but I need to have everything taken care of, afternoon eventually ends and evening rolls by, We finally have our last dinner together, friends and family. We told Kagome and the others about tomorrow, dinner became a bit melancholy but it’s still home. After dinner, I ask Naraku to wait for me as I call in all of the estate’s staffs, maids and groundskeepers of a meeting about the future of this place. There are about 14 staffs all together, I smile at all of them, faithful people that has served this house and me for over 20 years. I’ll be handing this estate down to them as a master.

‘What is this about Lady________?” One of the groundskeeper asks.

“I’ll get straight to the point. As you all know, tomorrow the lord and lady, my parents will be leaving to live with Sazanami. My parents have passed down the house to me as I am the heir, but, I’ll be leaving as well.” I begin.

They look at each other in surprise and back at me, I guess they didn’t think I was leaving. I give them a slight bow as an apology.

“If you’re leaving, then who will look after the estate? Where will we go? This place has become our home.” One of the maid says.

“I know, I’m sorry that it’s a bit uncalled for but I’ll be living somewhere else with Kagome and the others. I understand that this estate has become your home, and I won’t let this place be given to someone else. Our legacy dwells here. So, I'll be preserving that.” I tell them.

“We don’t understand Lady _________, how will you do that when you won’t be here?” Another groundskeeper asks.

“I want this estate to be turned into a botanical garden and a tea house, a place for people to come and admire the beauty of nature. Since I won’t be here to see that happen, I’ll be passing that dream of mine to you all, I hope that you can make it happen for me. Since this estate has been your home ever since each of your arrival, then live here as you wish, decorate this place however you see fit, you are all the masters of this place starting tomorrow after our departure.” I explain to them.

They all look at me slightly taken aback, I guess this is something that for people of their social status could never imagine. But, I’m giving this imagination to them and I want them to live it, see it happen. I take out the packages of flower seeds and two bags filled with money that could last for about a year for the amount of people present.

“Lady__________.” One of the groundskeepers says.

“These are some flower seeds, after our departure, I ask of you to take the first step of creating the botanical garden. Take these sacks of money, use them as living expenses and when necessary, use them to help advance the estate. You are all my family members, and I ask you all to plant these seeds, let them grow and accompany the few flowers that already reside outside. Will you do that for me?” I ask them.

All of them look at each other and smile, they turn back to me and straighten their backs. They all bow to me in unison.

“Our young Lady of the house adored and loved flowers ever since she was a child, we will preserve that aspect of our dear lady by building the botanical garden you so wish for. It will be our last request to this household, before our masters depart.” One of our oldest groundskeeper says.

“Thank you all, thank you for your loyalty and your services. Goodnight to you all, and may we see each other off tomorrow morning.” I bow to them.

I bid all of them goodnight and I dismiss them. I return back to my room where Naraku awaits me, he is sitting down in the middle of the futon facing the door with his eyes closed. I close the sliding door behind me and I smile when I see the face of the demon that I love so dear. His eyes slowly opens as I draw near, his red ring of fire eyes flicks up to meet mine. I finally let out a long sigh as I kneel down in from of him, Naraku lifts his left arm up and gently caresses my cheek. His facial expression slightly furrows as he looks at me.

“You look conflicted, is everything alright?” He asks me.

His low and rich voice fills my ears and it soothes me. I hold his hand and I shake my head.

“Everything seem to happen so fast, my mind almost can’t seem to catch up. We’ll be leaving here tomorrow, my home will become a botanical garden in the years to come, and my parents will be living in another town far from here. It seems my childhood and my home is slowly leaving me.” I say with a sigh.

“Do you regret it?” He asks me suddenly.

“Regret? Regret what?” I ask him confused.

“For meeting me, and to leave your home.” He clarifies.

I shake my head side to side as I reassure him, I hold his hand tightly in mine as I look at him.

“No, never. I’ll never regret meeting you, all of this, I have no regrets at all. Because of you I have found happiness, I have grown up, understood the world around me and demons. I have met people and understood what love can do, I was able take responsibility for my thoughts and actions. You made me open my eyes Naraku, and you and I are going to have our own family soon. Yes, my home will be turned into something else, I might miss it but I won’t be homesick. Because you, Naraku… you are my home. As long as I’m with you, I can go anywhere and do anything.” I tell him with a smile.

“As will I, no regrets, I want a future with you that will last for years to come. You are the light that lit my once blackened heart.” Naraku replies with a gentle smile on his face now.

I nod, I lean in and find his lips with mine, his smooth skin caresses mine with love as we shed our attire almost ritualistically. Naraku and I descend back onto the soft silk futon with me under him, his arms incasing me as I look up at him in the moonlit room. His eyes shine as he gazes down at me, our bare skin touching each other.

“Since we’re not truly alone, I can’t show you my love for you intimately.” Naraku whispers the furrow of his brows appearing again.

I smile at him, if only we were alone. Our night would be filled with bliss and sounds of pleasure, but unfortunately that will have to wait. I look at him but then something comes to mind.

“Remember that night under the cherry blossom tree not soon after we met? You rested your head onto my chest and you listened to my heartbeat, I want us to fall asleep like that again, I want you next to my heart Naraku.” I say quietly to him.

Naraku gazes at me, his eyes blazing into mine. He then shows me a gentle smile, he caresses my cheek and nods.

“I’d like that too.” He whispers back.

I wrap my arms around his neck, his black hair brushes against my bare arm. I gently pull him down to me, he rests his head onto my chest with his face facing the right. His cool skin sending slight shivers through my body, I can feel my heartbeat through my own ears so I’m sure Naraku can feel and hear my heartbeat as well. I hold his head and caress his cheek as he rests his arms around my waist, his body laying on top of mine almost molding to my curves without flaws. I feel overwhelming love for him, he is my rock, my love, everything.

“See you when morning arrives, goodnight my love.” I say to him.

“Yes, goodnight my love.” I hear him reply softly.

I close my eyes as I hold his head close to my chest, I can feel his cool fingers gliding alone the side of my stomach and it lulls me into a deep slumber.