Fleeting And Falling Feelings, Fair Flowers Wilt, But Will Bloom Once Again

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

Naraku gives my hand a kiss and heads out. Lady Kaede instructs me to position my legs in a way so that they won't be in the way of my delivery, she puts a towel under my body. Sango and Kagome sits on both side of me and takes my hand, Kagome wipes the sweat from my forehead. My stomach contractions are becoming overwhelming.

"Kagome, Sango, is this normal? To give birth when the due date hasn't arrived?" I ask them nervously and laboured breath.

"It's normal__________, you don't have to worry. It's called premature birth, it's when the baby is born around the 36th or 37th week and not the 38th. You're due date is only about a week or so away so it's normal. Then again, your child will be a half demon so it's different from human babies, but everything should go smoothly." Kagome assures me with a smile.

"Now___________ I need you to take a deep breath try to endure the contractions and then push when the pain has reduced whenever you're ready." Lady Kaede instructs me.

I nod and take a deep breath, I prepare my mind and I start to endure the labouring session. I shut my eyes tightly as my muscles tenses and becomes painful. Minutes goes by and eventually it turns into half an hour, how am I still alive I wonder. Half an hour turns into an hour and I feel the pain slightly reducing after the hour.

"I think I'm ready to push?" I breath out quickly.

"Alright, whenever you're ready." Lady Kaede nods.

I begin to start pushing and holding my screams.

"Good, keep going and repeating." Lady Kaede says.

I keep doing what she tells me, Kagome and Sango holds my hand tightly to keep me steady. I let out screams once in a while to ease my pain. Minutes goes by and it soon turns into another half an hour I don't seem to be making and progress. I feel exhausted and about to pass out.

"Lady Kaede,__________ is almost at her limits, do you see anything?" Sango asks.

"Barely, I can see the top of the head but it's not coming out properly. I might have to pull the head out or it will suffocate." Lady Laede says lifting her sleeves.

Suffocate? Oh gosh, I don't want that. I then feel Lady Kaede's hands reaching just past my womanhood and grabbing hold of the form at the entrance.

"Alright_______, on the count of three I need you to push as hard as you can. I'll support the head and pull it out at the same time. Alright? 1...2...3." Lady Kaede instructs and counts.

I take a deep breath and push as hard as possible with a scream, pushing aside my pain and focusing on getting the baby's head out at least. I then feel slight pressure disappear as something comes out.

"Alright, the head is out. The dangerous part is over, it's just the rest of the body now." Lady Kaede says with a smile.

I nod with laboured breaths. Another 10 minutes goes by and we only managed to get the baby's shoulders out.

"Why is the birth so difficult?" Sango asks Kagome.

"I'm not sure, it shouldn't be like this unless something has happened to the mother or the womb." Kagome answers with furrowed brows.

"Perhaps, it's due to the injury that she sustained on her stomach?" Sango says.

"Maybe." Kagome says quietly wiping the sweat away from my face.

I can hear them talk, but I can't really grasp onto their words long enough to talk to them. I'm almost about to pass out, another half an hour goes by and then another, it's deep in the night and I'm here screaming and in pain. An hour soon turns into two without us realizing it, and I managed to get most of the body out.

"A few more push and the baby's out." Lady Kaede says urging me to continue.

Sango and Kagome gives my hand a squeeze and I prepare my mind and body to give that one final jump, I shut my eyes and scream as I pushed. All of my muscles tenses and a few second passes and my pain slowly fades and the pressure goes along with it. My stomach feels immediately lighter and no more foreignness feeling at my entrance. I'm mentally and physically exhausted at this point I feel my body go limp. I take in a deep breath of air, my body is laced with sweat and I feel hot. I breath heavily as I let my mind take in everything around me, Sango let's go of my hand after giving my hand a gentle squeeze, she walks over to Lady Kaede. Then, I can hear faint crying. It's the crying of the baby, my baby. Lady Kaede and Sango wash the baby in the warm water.

"You did well____________, very well. It's a healthy girl." Kagome says wiping my forehead.

I smile at the announcement, it's a girl. It's Hohanabira, petals of flames. I rest my head back onto the pillow, I feel sleep taking over me and fatigue.

"Thank you Lady Kaede, Sango, and Kagome for helping me get through this." I croak out.

"We didn't do much at all_____________, it was all you." Sango replies.

"I'll go get Naraku." Kagome says getting up with a smile.

She exits the hut, Lady Kaede wraps the baby up in a towel and place her beside me. I don't even have the energy to roll over to look at her, I turn my head and my eyes widen a little. She's gorgeous, but a bit peculiar.

"______________." A low voice says from the entrance.

"Naraku." I answer back with a tired smile.

Naraku comes in followed my Miroku and Inuyasha in their nightwear, Naraku kneels down beside me and takes my hand.

"I'm sorry for preventing you guys from resting" I say to all of them.

"You kidding, this is a big moment___________. Of course we will be here." Miroku says with a smile.

"Ya, if we didn't Kagome and Sango will be like, oh you heartless men, a woman is in labour and you can't even get out of bed to congratulate her when she gives birth. It will make us look bad. So congratulations____________ and Naraku." Inuyasha says stretching.

We all burst out laughing. Naraku squeezes my hand in his and he kisses it, he shifts his attention to the baby.

"Is it Hohanabira or Shinkutama?" He asks me.

"Hohanabira, it's a girl Naraku." I answer him with a smile.

Naraku smiles and kisses me on the lips.

"Thank you for all these months___________." He tells me softly.

"It's nothing, glad that everything worked out." I croak out.

"Guess the kid takes after her father aside from those two things on her head." Inuyasha says as he examines the baby with his amber eyes.

All of us look at the baby, different indeed. Since her father is a full demon and I'm a human, she's a half demon. Half demons I'm assuming have some qualities of a demon that runs in its blood. She has fair fair skin like Naraku, although her eyes are closed but I assume they are crimson red or red like Naraku's. She has 6 small black dots in the shape of teardrops running diagonally above her eyebrows, beautiful face markings they look almost like eyes in a way. She has two small faint purple lines running up from either side of her jawline to the middle of her cheek, very pale you have to focus to see it. She has black thin hair on her head, but the thing that stands out the most are these two protrusions on her head. Small protrusions that I expect will grow as she ages, they are coming out from both sides of her head and pointing in a slight diagonal manner towards the center of her forehead, they are gray in color and pointy. Aside from all of those things, she is beautiful and like her father, unique.

"I'm sorry guys, but I think I'm going to have to call this a day. You guys should all rest too." I tell them pushing myself up and giving them a bow.

"You sure you don't need someone to stay up and take care of you and the baby?" Sango asks.

"Well..." I trail off.

"Allow me to take the baby with me and have her sleep with me tonight. You could use a good rest__________." Lady Kaede offers.

"Really? Thank you Lady Kaede." I smile at her and giving her bow.

Lady Kaede pick the baby up gently and head out of the hut.

"Rest here for tonight, we'll see you in the morning." Kagome tells me covering me up with a blanket.

"Thanks Kagome. Goodnight." I say to them all.

After cleaning everything up, they then all head out, I scoot over a little and Naraku lies down beside me. I am so tired but I want to stay awake and admire Naraku's face, I'm finally back to my usual self, the me before my pregnancy. He caresses my cheek gently and his eyes glazes over my face, he leans in and kisses me, he looked so worried a few hours earlier, and now, he finally looks relaxed.

"It's finally over now, Hohanabira is healthy and breathing, and you made it all in one piece. Thank you for pulling it through_________, for Hohanabira and for me." Naraku whispers.

I smile and I nod, I prop myself up slightly and I slide my left leg over his body, I shift myself onto him and at the same time I use my body weight to make him lie onto his back, I then lower myself onto him and sit on his pelvis. I gaze down at Naraku and he looks at me with vivid eyes, my loose kimono slides off my shoulders and pools at the bottom of my arms revealing myself to him. Naraku then sits up and his arms glides along my waist and to my back, he pulls me to him gently and he kisses my shoulders and collarbone. I close my eyes as he showers me with feather light kisses, sending shivers and goosebumps throughout my body. I rest my face against his head as he lavishes me lovingly.

"My love, my___________, how I've waited months to hold you close to me like this and wanting to make passionate love to you. How I wanted to thank you and pleasure you and make up for all the months that we've missed." Naraku breathes out between kisses as his hands caresses my back and waist.

I hold his head gently against my cheek and I smile, it has been forever since we've made love, almost a year. Because of my terms, we thought that it wouldn't be right.

"I'm finally back to the me before all this, I can hold you again without bending myself forward to embrace you. I wish to give you pleasure as well Naraku, we both deserve it." I tell him.

Naraku then rests his face against my collarbone and I hold him to me as his arms wraps tightly around me.

"But tonight is not the night, you need your rest. We have all the time in the world." Naraku says quietly.

He's right, I'm exhausted. I'm just barely holding on to my consciousness before fatigue takes over me, I'm sorry Naraku but as much as I want this tonight, I don't think we will reach our highest when I'm in this state. Naraku then pulls me back with him and I lie on his stomach, he covers me with the futon blanket and I close my eyes in the arms of my love. Sleep consumes me and I fall into darkness. I wake up to the morning sun coming through the window of the hut, I'm laying on my back and I look up at the wooden ceiling. I lift my head up and look at my stomach, it's flat now. 9 months of carrying a life within me and just in a night's time, it's finally over.

"You're awake, how are you feeling?" A low voice asks from beside me.

"Good morning, Naraku. I'm feeling like the old me again." I reply with a smile without even looking at the source of the voice.

I then turn my head to look at him, there he is, sitting beside me in his navy blue kimono and purple vest, his fair skin accents his black hair and red eyes. He gazes at me with soft eyes, I sit up and hold the cover to my chest.

"That's a relief to hear. Let's get you dressed, our daughter needs her parents." Naraku says helping me up.

"You're right let's go." I reply with a nod.

I get dressed and the two of us head to the big hut, I haven't seen Hohanabira since last night. I didn't even get the chance to hold her. Thankfully, Lady Kaede took her with her last night and took care of her. I'm so eager to bond with her, not long, the two of us arrive and we enter into the hut. Everyone was there, the kids, Rin, Shippo, and everyone else. Lady Kaede has Hohanabira in her arms as she cradles her gently, The younger ones are around her, Sango and Kagome are preparing breakfast, Miroku is helping out and Inuyasha is sitting across from Lady Kaede. They all stop what they are doing and look at us with a smile.

"Look who showed up." Inuyasha says with a smile.

"Morning everyone." I greet them all.

"I believe this child is yours." Lady Kaede says standing up and handing the baby to me.

"Thank you so much again for taking care of her when I was too weak to do so." I say to all of them.

"A life is important, especially a child's. We were just helping out as much as we could, but it's time for us to step down and give the role of motherhood to you again___________." Sango tells me with a chuckle.

I look down at Hohanabira, she is letting out soft whines. Her facial markings are cute, since they are not fully developed yet they just look like little colourful stubs on her face. The two gray protrusions on top of her head aiming towards the centre of her forehead is something that I need to get use to in time but otherwise, she's beautiful. Naraku comes over and touches her chubby cheek gently as he gazes down at her.

"Our family is finally complete." I say to him.

"Yes, it finally is and everything is from your effort and persistence." Naraku reminds me.

"I don't know if you know this or not Naraku, but it took quite a while for Hohanabira to be born." Kagome suddenly says.

"It did?" Naraku asks surprised as he hears it.

"Yes, well it was longer when I gave birth. Her head could not come out properly and it took forever to get half of the body out. We think that perhaps the injury___________ has sustained across her lower abdomen to her ribs may be the cause." Sango adds.

"Now that you mentioned it, It just may be, when I healed her internal wound the night that she got it, the wound was deep and may have caused some damage and internal scarring to her womb." Naraku says taking my hand.

"The scarring may have altered the womb's original form and that may have caused the baby to be born with extra pain involved and difficulty." Miroku adds.

"It just might be, but look, everything turned out alright. Hohanabira is healthy and I got passed it." I say to assure them that everything's alright.

"We're just reminding you two that it has happened, maybe if you plan on having more children in the future it may not be like this again or it could happen again. It's just something to put into consideration." Lady Kaede tells Naraku and I.

I look at Naraku and he takes my hand, he gives it a gentle squeeze to tell me that he understands.

"Thank you for letting me know about what happened, and thank you for all you have done." Naraku bows to all of them.

We then switch to lighter topics and we all sit down and enjoy a nice breakfast together, I get to feed Hohanabira milk and cradle her as a new mother. Days soon turns into a month, and the two, then three. Months soon turns into another half a year, times flies when you're occupied everyday with busy schedules and a baby on your hand. A year soon turns into 2, then 4. I have aged 4 years already, I'm in my mid to late 20's now, 27 to be exact. Hohanabira has aged along with me, since she's a half demon, she matures faster than normal children, She looks like a 6 year old at age 4, but I know that when she gets to my age, she will stop maturing and when she reaches her 500th or 600th birthday, then maybe her appearance will change more. Now that Hohanabira is 4 years old, she looks more beautiful. She has long black hair that falls behind her back with gentle waves from the combination of my straight hair and Naraku's heavy waves. She has full bangs that just covers her eyebrows covering 4 of the 6 now darker teardrop shapes on her forehead. The two lines on each side of her jawline has grew in length as well. Her skin is fair and light. She has started to have fang like teeth as canines, slightly longer and sharper than humans' teeth. The two protrusions on her head has darkened and has a gentle lustre to the gray color, Her hair covers the roots so it looks like she has downward angled horns, but as I look at it and think about it, her father is a spider demon, if she has 6 teardrop shapes it would make 8 along with her real eyes, which would represent the 8 eyes of a spider. Then with the two protrusions that angles towards her forehead, they remind me of spider fangs. Just like Inuyasha who's also a half demon, I guess you have to have some aspects of the demon blood that you have. The one aspect that I'm more thankful than all the others, was that Hohanabira inherited Naraku's crimson red eyes. She looks more like me in human appearance but more like her father with the unique features. Hohanabira, or Nabi, which is her nickname by Kagome and the others are loved by the others, Rin and Shippo acts like her big brother and sister figure or aunt and uncle figure, and the twins and Sango's son are the siblings she can go to for help and play with. Over the years, Naraku, Hohanabira and I lived at Lady Kaede's village and then some days we will go live at Naraku's castle, and we would switch back and forth occasionally so that we can have our own private family time. One day, all of us managed to have the day off. We decided to go out for a walk in the afternoon, Rin and Lady Kaede decided to stay behind so that they can get some work done if anything comes up. The rest of us go out for a stroll a bit further away from the village, with the sun high in the sky and the blue of the world, it's been a long time since we spent time like this, last time that we did, All of us almost died from the hands of a god, and Naraku actually died again. Today, everything is serene and peaceful. The young ones and Shippo are running ahead of us as Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Naraku and I walk side by side with the one we love. Our hair sway behind us as our feet walks through the tall grass in the open field.

"It's been years since we all went out like this, it reminds me when we were out on our journey for the Sacred Jewel Shards." Kagome says.

"Indeed, but when we were on our journey, we weren't there for enjoyment, we had a mission to see through, and that was to find the jewel shards before Naraku can obtain them all." Miroku says with a chuckle.

Yes, Naraku was once a demon who was filled with darkness, but now, he has been reborn as a demon who was taught love and the importance of people who cares for him. I take Naraku's hand in mine and I smile, I gaze at the children head of us.

"I remember when all I focused on was the sacred jewel and betrayed any who I deemed useless, but now, none of that matters to me anymore, not in this lifetime. I have a family now, I have Hohanbira and__________ that are the light in my life. We were all enemies once, but all of that are in the past now, we have accepted each other and have lived years already with one another. It's a future that I never thought could happen, but it has, and each moment is precious." Naraku tells them with a low calm voice.

"It was a future that we never even imagined could be possible, but a person can be saved if their soul still clings on to a sliver of hope." Sango smiles.

"The tiniest bit of hope will be enough. We all have our families now and children that will succeed us in this life, what could bring more joy than this? I ask closing my eyes and breath in the fresh air.

"You guys all have children, it's only Kagome and I that doesn't so take us out of that group." Inuyasha pouts.

"Sorry Inuyasha, being a priestess has some sacrifices, and that is giving birth to a child. Maybe when I decide to retire as a priestess, then we can try and have a baby. Believe me, I want a child as well but being a priestess is what I am in this life." Kagome apologies to Inuyasha with a giggle and hook her arm around his.

Inuyasha's ears flattens to the side and his face softens a bit and he sighs.

"Retire soon then, I do feel a bit left out after seeing Sango's twins and son, and _____________ and Naraku's Nabi." Inuyasha says with a sigh.

We all let out a laugh, and we continue walking.

"Since Hohanabira is old enough now, have you thought about returning back to your home village and see how much your old estate has grew? And perhaps visit your parents at Sazanami's?" Kagome asks me.

"I suppose I should, it has been years already, I do want to see how much my dream garden has developed. See how my parents have faired." I reply.

"Then go and visit them tomorrow." Inuyasha adds.

"What do you say Naraku? I suppose it's about time that Hohanabira meets her grandparents and her aunt, not by blood." I ask Naraku with a smile as I look into his red eyes.

"If it's what you want then we shall." Naraku replies my cheeks gently.

"Then it's decided, we'll pack some things for you tonight and you can set off tomorrow morning." Sango says with a nod.

"Thank you." I give them a nod in appreciation.

We enjoy the afternoon together and head back at evening. When we return, it's practically dinner time. Rin and Lady Kaede made dinner, felt bad for not helping them but they said that we all deserve a rest. We all have dinner together with joy and laughter, Hohanabira played with the others.

"I just want to let you all know that Lord Sesshomaru came to visit me today." Rin says almost at the end of the dinner.

"Oh? That's a surprise, he finally came back after 4 years. Guess he finally figured things out." Kagome says with a smile.

"That's great, It has been forever since he came here, hope he hasn't changed much. What did you and him talk about?" I ask her.

"He hasn't changed at all, he still looks like the him 4 years ago." Lord Sesshomaru talked with me today and he said that he wants to go travel, he asked me if I want to accompany him." Rin answers.

"Well, it's not a surprise is it, I mean I still look the same in 4 years. It's not like Sesshomaru's gonna look like an old man now that we haven't seen him in a while." Inuyasha stretches.

"Oh? And what did you say to him?" I ask her with a smile.

"I said that I would love to, it's been forever since I've seen him, and I want to spend some time with him again, bringing us back to when I was a child and he took me with him everywhere that he went." Rin smile nostalgically.

"You're alright with that Lady Kaede?" Kagome asks.

"Rin is not a child anymore, she's an adult and she should be able to make her own judgement and choices in how she sees fit, if she want to be with Sesshomaru then we have no obligations to stop her." Lady nods to Rin.

"Indeed, it just shows how time stops for no one, we have all aged. When will you be leaving?" Miroku asks Rin.

"Tomorrow morning." Rin replies.

"What good timing, Naraku, Nabi, and ___________ are going to visit _________'s home village tomorrow morning as well." Sango chirps in with a chuckle.

"In that case, we wish you all a safe journey back to wherever the wind takes you all." Kagome nods her head to all of us with a gentle smile.

'Thank you Kagome." Naraku smiles.

"Who's Lord Sesshomaru?" Hohanabira's soft whimsical voice asks all of a sudden.

We all turn to her, she comes over and kneels down between Naraku and I. I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear and glide my hand along her protrusions.

"Lord Sesshomaru is someone who's dear to Rin, Inuyasha's half brother, and a dear dear friend to me." I tell her with nostalgia in my voice and mind.

Hohanabira nods in understanding. We all end the night and bid goodbye to everyone, We have decided that it won't be necessary for them to see us off tomorrow because we'll be back in a few days. After tucking Hohanabira to bed, Naraku and I lay down on each side of her.

"It's been forever since I last returned." I say to Naraku quietly.

"You miss them a lot by the sound of your voice." Naraku replies.

"To be honest, missing them has never crossed my mind, because you and Hohanabira has occupied my mind and heart every single day that I had no time to let my mind wonder into sadness." I answer him with a smile.

Naraku smiles, he props himself up quietly and leans over Hohanabira to reach me, I lift myself up slightly to meet him. Our lips comes together as we kiss each other with love, it has been years but our love never wavered or diminished. We pull away and we gaze at each other, his red eyes flickers in the dim light.

"You as well_________. Goodnight my love." Naraku says softly.

"Goodnight my love." I answer him with words of affection.

We lay back down and drift to sleep, awaiting for tomorrow. I wake up to the morning sun, I'm sleeping on my side and I look around. No one's sleeping beside me, Hohanabira and Naraku aren't here. Guess they're up already, man wish I was like them, not needing much rest but I can still have a lot of energy. The door then opens, and Hohanabira skips in with Naraku following behind her with a tray of food. I smile as I see them, their equally beautiful red eyes lands on me as they come in. I sit up and stretch.

'Morning mother!" Hohanabira chirps happily as she sits beside me.

"Good morning dear, good morning Naraku." I greet both of them.

"Morning, we brought you breakfast. I also loaded the food that Sango and the others made for the trip onto Boshi." Naraku says sitting down in front of me.

"Oh? You don't want to fly there?" I ask him with a chuckle.

"I do want to, but travelling by feet and enjoying the beautiful world around us would be nice. It would be nice to have Hohanabira see the world outside of this place as well." Naraku says brushing his finger down Hohanabira's cheek.

Hohanabira giggles, and we both smile. It does sound nice, Letting Hohanabira experience the world beyond the village will be good for her, I finish eating breakfast, change into my crimson red kimono and wash up. Since we already told each other that we won't need anyone coming out to see us off, I didn't go see Kagome and the others. We got Boshi and we head out the village, The gentle morning breeze brushes against my skin awakens me, the fresh air fills my lungs. As Naraku, Hohanabira and I walk along the dirt road with Boshi by our side, we can hear faint footsteps coming from not far away in front of us. There's a small hill that blocks our view, but I assume that it's just someone from the village, but it's quite early.

"Wonder who it could be at this time coming back into the village." I say.

"It's because it's not a person, it's a demon." Naraku suddenly says.

"A demon?" I say curiously.

"Yes, and he has his companions with him as well." Naraku adds with a gentle smile.

Up ahead is a crossroad, one leading towards the direction that we will be heading towards, and the other towards the further horizon and the mountains. As we walk towards the hill, I can see something white not far away. As we reach the top of the hill, my eyes goes wide as I see who it is. His graceful footsteps comes to a mellow stop as he looks up at us, his long white hair sway gently behind him, the magenta stripes on his cheeks defining his facial features, the crescent moon on his forehead compliments his bright amber eyes beautifully. He is wearing his majestic white kimono with his two swords at his hip and his bundle of fur on his shoulder, Rin was right. He hasn't changed at all in these past 4 years. It's Sesshomaru, beside him is A-un and Jaken. I smile as I see him, Sesshomaru's eyes are gentle as ever as he looked at me, just like how he looked at me 4 years ago before we parted.

"Shall we?" Naraku asks me pulling me out of my nostalgia.

I turn to Naraku and his red eyes brings me back to reality, I nod with a smile. Naraku takes my hand and I take Hohanabira's as the 3 of us walk down the hill towards Sesshomaru. Eventually we stop in front of them, a few meters distance between us.

"Ah it's____________ and Naraku." Jaken says in his high pitch voice.

"It's good to see you again Master Jaken, Sesshomaru, it's been years since we have last seen each other, hope you have been well?" I greet them.

"Yes, I have been well. Naraku." Sesshomaru says flatly and greets Naraku.

"Such a peaceful reunion after years Sesshomaru, to meet at a crossroad that leads us to different directions." Naraku says.

"Life is filled with twists and turns that can lead you from one place to another in seconds without us realizing it or have enough time to object it. It's good to see that you are all doing well, it has been a long time." Sesshomaru replies with a subtle smile.

We all smile at each at such a nostalgic reunion, suddenly I feel a gentle tug on my other hand.

"Who is this?" Hohanabira's voice asks me suddenly.

I look down at Hohanabira and I smile, I feel bad that I haven't introduced her to Sesshomaru yet, we were so busy catching up in these few seconds that it just slipped my mind.

"Hohanabira, this is Sesshomaru, he's a great daiyokai and a powerful dog demon. He's a very dear friend of mine, and an acquaintance of your father. He is Inuyasha's older half-brother. Sesshomaru this is Naraku and my daughter, Hohanabira." I say introducing her to Sesshomaru and vice versa.

Sesshomoaru looks down at her and he walks up close to her and kneels down to her eye level, Hohanabira doesn't move or wavers at all, she looks at Sesshomaru head on. Crimson and Amber eyes looks at each other with strong gazes, the white hair and black hair creating such contrasts between each other. Sesshomaru's eyes looks at Hohanabira's appearance from her fang like protrusions on her head to her facial markings, his expression is soft as he examines her.

"It's nice to meet you Lord Sesshomaru, I'm Hohanabira." She says giving Sesshomaru a gentle bow.

"Hohanabira is it? Who came up with such a name that represents all the beautiful flowers in the world with petals of fire?" Sesshomaru asks her.

"Father did." She replies.

"Didn't expect someone with a name that means "hell" can come up with such beautiful names." Sesshomaru says looking at us.

"It's all because of__________ that I'm able to see beauty." Naraku replies with a smirk.

Sesshomaru looks back at Hohanabira, he then stands back up and turns to us.

"Aside from the demonic features and crimson eyes, she looks just like you____________." Sesshomaru adds with a subtle smile.

I smile at his words, I'll take that as a compliment.

"So what are you here for?" Naraku asks Sesshomaru.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" A voice shouts from behind us with joy.

We all turn to see who it is, her bright smile and her black hair accompanies her as she runs towards us with a bundle on her back, she's wearing a beautiful light orange kimono with green flowers on the design.

"Looks like the purpose of my visit has arrived." Sesshomaru smiles gently with his reply.

"Lord Sesshomaru, Master Jaken, A-Un,_________, Naraku, and hello dear Nabi." She says with happiness as she stops in front of us.

"Hello dear Rin." I greet her.

"Hello big sister Rin!" Hohanabira shouts as she greets her.

"Rin." Sesshomaru greets her with a subtle nod.

"It's good to see you again little Rin." Jaken says waving his wand.

A-Un snorts and his two heads sways side to side.

"It looks like you guys are ready to start on your journey to see the world, Guess we won't hold you back anymore." I say to Sesshomaru.

"Yes, and where are you heading off to?" Sesshomaru asks.

"We're going to visit__________'s home village and her parents for a few days." Naraku answers.

"Hope you will have a lovely journey back__________." Rin says to me with a smile.

"We will. You have everything figured out now I assume, especially your feelings?" I ask Sesshomaru.

"4 years was enough time, you do not have to worry anymore." Sesshomaru replies with a gentle smile.

He looks over at Rin who has walked over to talk to Jaken and A-Un, I smile as I see his gentle gaze directed towards her.

"Well then, it was nice to see you again Sesshomaru, it looks like it's time for us to be on our separate ways now." I say softly.

"Thank you for all you have done for_________ and I, we've came a long way to get to where we are now, and my third life is in your debt." Naraku says to Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru nods in agreement, we then bid each other goodbye. Who knows when we will meet again in the future, it could be a month or it could be years away. But I know that my mind will always remember the last moment that we saw each other. Rin hops onto A-Un's back along with Jaken, Naraku helps Hohanabira and I onto Boshi. With the men on our sides, we set off with one final nod to one another. The days go by so fast, we went to go find my parents first at Sazanami's place. My parents are well and same is Sazanami, our reunion was happy and bright, it's almost as if we returned to our childhood moment. Sazanami has a daughter as well who's a few months older than Hohanabira, her name is Ameuta, which means the song of the rain because she was born on a rainy day. At the same time, I realized that it's the first time that Naraku and Sazanami has met, Sazanani was not afraid of him she talked with him like he is family. My parents bonded with Hohanabira although they were slightly taken aback by her appearance upon first meeting but the love as grandparents eventually took over and they fell in love with Hohanabira. We stayed at Sazamani's for two days and then we travelled to my home village, 4 years should be enough for a flower garden to bloom right? And it sure has, it is now a public flower garden filled from the entrance to all the way around the house and to the enlarged back field. The estate has been altered slightly and it has turned into a tea house for anyone that wants to rest and enjoy the flowers. Our servants are still residing in the place, they look like new people, free and living life as how they should. The place is blooming beautifully. They all got to meet Hohanabira and some of the women staffs took her on a tour around the garden as we caught up with the rest of my former servants, each year they plant new flowers and they hold special events, people from nearby villages come by to see the beautiful flowers. My dream has finally come to light, everything is going into a bright future. After visiting my home village we decided that it's time for us to head back home, we we ride through the fields with the trees lined on each side of us, the scenery becomes so familiar.

"Naraku." I say his name slowing down Boshi as we come upon the place that is so familiar to us.

"Yes_________?" He replies.

"Let's go to the cherry blossom tree." I say to him.

Naraku smiles and nods as he hears my request. His bright red eyes glimmers in the sunlight. I tie Boshi to the same tree as always and we take Hohanabira in the forest towards the familiar open field. In time we finally see it, bright and beautifully bloomed with pale pink and purple flowers. The green grass covers the open field like always, forever eternal and never fleeting.

"This place is beautiful!" Hohanabira says with joy in her voice as she races towards the big tree.

Naraku and I hold hands as we watch her dash across the field, the two of us walk slowly side by side towards the place that brought us together years before.

"Cant believe the first time that we met here, I was still a kid, stubborn and foolish like you said." I say with a chuckle.

"Yes, but without that foolishness of yours, I would have never met you. I should thank your foolishness." Naraku replies with a smile.

I give his hand a gentle squeeze, I then lean my head against his shoulder. The gentle breeze brushes against my face.

"We have went through a lot haven't we?" I ask.

"We sure have, but you never gave up, and that is why today exists." Naraku answers me, his soft voice travelling to my ear.

"It's not just because of me not giving up, it's because of your words Naraku. I remember like it was yesterday, "Keep up that hope, it can get you places." At first I held on to those words and that hope of seeing you again, but then it became so much more to me, it was for me to fight for the love that I have for you, the hope of giving you a second change at life. To hope that you and I will one day be together and have a future together, and it did. I remember everything, and I will never forget them ever again." I assure him.

"Thank you for everything that you have done___________, you are the love of my life, the only woman that has believed that I can be saved from darkness and give me a place in this world. You gave me a beautiful daughter and a family to live for, I was a demon who rose from hell but my name and my past will not bound my future to darkness, because you are here with me." Naraku says caressing my face gently.

He kisses me on the top of my head and we eventually stop at the bottom of the tree, Hohanabira is looking up at the tree with fallen flower petals in her hands.

"What do you think of this place?" I ask her.

"This place is beautiful! I have never seen such a beautiful tree before." She replies.

"This was the place your mother and I met years prior." Naraku tells her.

"Really!? Maybe one day I will find my soulmate here as well." Hohanabira says with a gentle smile.

"Keep that hope, maybe one day you will find someone who will make you his world." I tell her with a smile.

Hohanabira goes and runs around the field while letting the flower petals float around her. I turn back towards the tree and look at the vibrant ever lasting flowers.

"I wonder how Atamashi is doing, do you think he has a family of his own? I never really knew what kind of bird he was, when we found him he was a yellow brownish bird. I hope his broken wing is all better now." I ask Naraku as I think of the bird that we have come to raise together.

"Years has passed, he was an injured bird with a broken wing, but now I believe he does have a family of his own and has recovered to his original state. He has grown up into an adult and it is his destiny to have young. Whichever bird he is, I'm sure he will mature into a beautiful one." Naraku answers me.

"I believe that too, wherever he is he will live out the rest of his life in the sky and earth. I will cheer for his new life and the joy he will have." I say closing my eyes with a smile.

"And I will cheer along with you, shall we go home?" Naraku asks taking my hand.

"Let's." I answer him with my smile.

We mutually lean in and we kiss each other, sparks of love ignites within me again. My love for Naraku will never fade and it will never die, we went through so much together, we died for each other, sacrificed for each other and let each other go for love. I met Naraku once upon a time when I fell from a beautiful tree because of my love for flowers, I was forced to forget him because it was what he wanted. Years later we met again at the same place, we fell in love because I taught him love. We fought against the heavens and travelled far to keep each other. We convinced the people that were once his enemies to see the new him, and they did. Darkness is an endless mass, it will cover everything and blind us, but if there's just a tiny bit of light, than the darkness will fade away and when the light is bright enough, the darkness will completely disappear, that was Naraku, and I shined away the darkness that chained him. I look at Naraku's face from the side, his black hair sways as we walk. The crimson red eyes of his catches the sunlight that shines down onto the earth, the same eyes that I found beautiful and captivating, but specifically unique. I thought that Naraku will be the only one that will have this one of a kind eyes, but I was wrong. Now I have another life that I can admire the same crimson eyes of, Hohanabira's. Naraku and Hohanabira will both outlive me, that's the downside of being a mortal. I will die one day but I will have no regrets, because I have lived a beautiful and fulfilling life, and I will in the years to come. I will not mind when my time comes, but to forget all the beautiful memories that I have lived through, that will kill me. Especially if they are memories of Naraku and Hohanabira, I forgot Naraku once and I almost couldn't bare it. I promised him that I will never forget again, and I will hold that promise to the end. The two of us finally caught up with Hohanabira and together we walk back to where Boshi is, back home together. Naraku and I hold each other's hands as we walked, and on our wrists, are two red bamboo bracelets, bracelets that I gave him that symbolizes the red string of fate between two lovers, between us. Even to this day, we still wear it to show our undying love and our entwined fate. As we walk away from the cherry blossom tree, a bird flies over head towards it, it's a Red Flanked Bluetail. It lands in the tree where a nest is hidden among the pink flowers, a female Bluetail stands up from the middle of the nest and 4 chicks opens up their mouth and awaits for food that has been carried to the nest by the bird, as the Bluetail folds its wings after landing, one of its wing folds slightly off and awkwardly from the other, it feeds its young as the chirps fills the space around the never dying cherry blossom tree.

THE END❤️