Just One Kiss

Fleeting Embraces, Falling Feelings ~ Naraku X Reader

The field is silent for a few a brief moment, then Naraku lowers his eyes slightly to the ground.

“___________, why are you here? Are you not tired?” He asks me.

His voice is deep and rich, and a bit sad. To be honest, I think his voice is nice to listen to.

“No, I’m not quite tired yet, I wanted to come to the flower field, I’ve been wanting to come here since this afternoon, but I got occupied by something else. You mind if I sit down?” I ask him.

Naraku doesn’t say anything but he shows me a gesture to go ahead, I take a seat on his right and the two of us look out into the darkness together side by side.

“It seems like you’ve been in this field since this morning, is everything alright?” I ask him again breaking the silence.

“If I said I was alright, I would be lying, a lot of things has happened lately and my mind is in a state of despair. About the kiss, I’m sorry if that shocked you.” He says.

“Oh uhh yea about that, it took me by surprise, but I’m not mad or anything. I mean, Kagome and others did tell me that you and I use to be in a love so it was normal for you. I hope you’re alright now? Even if it’s just a tiny bit.” I say with a smile.

Naraku turns his head to look at me, his red irises gazing into mine, longing for something if I must say.

“Do you really not remember anything? Nothing about us?” He asks me again.

“I really don’t, but perhaps, we can be friends? Start from there?” I suggest.

Naraku’s face slightly shows a slight expression of shock, but he then takes control again, he then shows me a subtle smile, a smile filled with pain. I feel bad that I’m saying this, but I think it’s better than not talking, and besides, I don’t think I can do anything aside from being his friend. I feel that it’s the only thing that I can do.

“Are you not afraid of me?” He suddenly asks me.

“No, I don’t think I was afraid of you ever since our meeting, I suppose the kiss just made everything a bit awkward between us that’s all. Not to mention, I find your eyes very…unique and pretty. They're nice to look at.” I tell him with a friendly smile.

Naraku’s eyes seem to glow slightly as I said that, they look glamorous.

“Someone once said that to me years ago.” Naraku says with nostalgia in his voice.

“They are unique indeed. I also know that you are a demon, and what you have been through kind of. Since we are friends now, I think, how about telling me a bit about yourself, your past. If it’s alright with you? I ask him pulling my legs to my chest.

“Do you really want to know about my past?” He asks me looking at me, his red eyes looking like crimson fire.

“Well, it’s completely up to you, but I feel that getting to know a demon wouldn’t be so bad. Perhaps it can bring us closer as friends.” I smile at him.

“What if my past isn’t a pleasant one?” Would you still listen to them?” He quietly says.

“Uhm, I guess I’ll try my best to listen to you with an open mind.” I assure him.

“Someone once said that to me a long time ago as well, how much I miss them.” Naraku whispers quietly, but I managed to hear it.

Naraku returns back to me, his eyes holding mine.

“Yes, I am a demon, in fact, I use to be a half demon, I was born out of darkness and hatred. I was the demon of deceit, I was born to kill and destroy. I was out to acquire an orb called the Shikon Jewel in order to gain power, what other way to get it then to deceive and kill. That was when Inuyasha and the others had to hunt me down and extinguish me from existence, but along the way, I met a child before my last few days alive. The child was pure and innocent, and because of that child I was able to see beauty. In the end Inuyasha and the others did kill me, but I was revived by a deity from a single fragment of my soul. I found out that I was a puppet of a greater demon, but with my death I was finally free.” He tells me while looking out.

“I see, I’m glad that I met you now, the good you. I’m glad that you’re alive.” I say.

“Why is that?” He asks me slightly surprised.

“Because there’s a lot of things in life that are beautiful, the old you just never got the chance to see it, except from that young child that you said that you met years prior. Now that you got a second chance at life, you can take this opportunity to see things that you never had before, and to experience it. I’m also glad that you’re on good terms with Inuyasha and the others now, it just shows that things has changed and the past is the past.” I tell him taking a deep breath of the fresh air.

“I have, I use to be a demon that only new hate, power, and deceit. But after being reborn, I have come to know love, I have come to know friendship, and the beauty of innocence and persistence…” Naraku says with a smile of nostalgia.

“Is it because of that young child?” I clarify with him.

“Yes, I only met that child for a brief moment that night years ago, the young soul wasn’t afraid of me. The young soul was climbing a cherry blossom tree that night wanting to save an injured bird, I caught that soul when they slipped and fell from the tall branch. I was still the me that was evil, but the young soul was not afraid and instead told me that my eyes were unique and beautiful. The bravery and innocence has caught me that night, and it still follows me to this day.” He says tilting his head back to look at the stars.

“That child must be so important to you.” I say to him.

“Indeed, every minute that I’m alive, I think about that beautiful soul.” He answers me, his voice filled with emotions.

After hearing this, I can’t help but wonder how he and I use to be in a relationship. I turn to face him, Naraku turns his head to look at me.

“I know this might be a bit hard for you, but if you don’t mind me asking. How did we become lovers?” I ask him curious.

Naraku’s red irises searches my eyes looking at one and then the other. He lets out a sigh and a tired smile.

“Perhaps one day I will tell you, but now that we are friends, I would rather focus on that since friendships are just as important. Don’t you think?” He asks me.

A slight pang of pain emerges deep inside me as I hear that, the faintest of pain.

“I suppose you are right. Well, now that we got past the awkward moment between us due to the kiss, we are finally friends. It’s pretty late now, I’ll be heading back. Are you going to turn in and rest?” I ask him standing up.

“I will soon, but for the time being, I’d like to stay here a bit longer.” Naraku replies with a smile.

“Oh alright, goodnight then Naraku, it was nice talking to you finally.” I tell him.

I turn to return back to the village, when Naraku’s voice echos from behind me.

“___________, why did you want to talk to me tonight?”

I turn around to look at him, his eyes gazing into mine. I feel my body turning back to face him. Did he see through me? Well, he’s a demon after all, it shouldn’t be surprising.

“I heard that you were lonely, so I wanted to check on you and see that you were alright. Because, no one deserves to be alone. I apologize for taking so long to open up to you, but I think tonight was pleasant talking to you.” I finally tell him.

Naraku smiles and lowers his gaze down to the grass again, I lose sight of his beautiful red eyes.

“Hasn’t changed at all. Thank you, and goodnight…____________.” Naraku says but whispering the first part.

“Goodnight.” I answer back.

I then turn around and walk back to town, leaving Naraku in the field. I return back to my hut, change into my night wear and lay out the two person futon. I yawn and then I lay down onto the pillow, I look up at the ceiling once again.

“Talking with Naraku wasn’t all that bad… he went through a lot to be where he is today didn’t he…” I think to myself.

I unknowingly smile, I close my eyes and I slowly drift off to sleep. I wake up to the morning sunlight greeting me in rays, I stretch and I sit up. My head is slightly woozy from a night’s rest. I change into my red kimono and head out to wash up, I then head to the big hut. Lady Kaede, Kagome, and Sango has arrived as well.

“Good morning, and good timing.” I greet them with a smile.

“Indeed, good morning to you too___________.” Lady Kaede says.

“Did you rest well last night?” Sango asks me.

“Yes I did, thanks for asking. Oh, I talked with Naraku last night.” I say remembering.

They all look at me with an awed expression.

“How was it? Did you manage to remember anything?” Kagome asks me holding my hand.

“No, I still don’t remember anything, but the conversation was nice. I asked about his past and he told me, he had a dark past but I’m glad to see that the him now has changed. He told me he met a child years prior and the child’s innocence saved him you could say.” I tell them.

“Did he say anything about the past that you two shared?” Kagome asks me again.

“In fact, I did ask him, but he told me that since we’re friends now, he would like focus on that then our past together. He said that maybe one day he’ll tell me.” I say quietly.

Kagome turns to look at Sango, they both have a slight furrow in their brows, but then Kagome turns back to me. She shows me a gentle smile.

“I see, at least you two are now friends, I hope that you’ll cherish that.” She tells me.

“I will, but I have to get to know him a bit more first, that way we can strengthen our friendship.” I reply with a smile of my own.

Kagome nods. We then all head in to prepare breakfast, a few minutes later the curtain parts and the others came in. Miroku comes in followed by the children, Rin, Shippo, Inuyasha, and Naraku. I smile as I see him, his red eyes lands on mine and he shows me a gentle smile. We all sit down to have breakfast, the atmosphere at the table became less awkward than the last two days now that Naraku and I got the awkwardness out of the way. Still we didn’t say much to each other, but I know that we are working on our friendship. After cleaning up the table, we all head out of the hut to start our day. Naraku heads out first and then I follow after Sango and Shippo. I see Naraku standing not too far away when the sunlight hits my eyes. He’s looking up at the clear blue sky, I suddenly want to talk to him.

“Naraku!” I shout after him.

Naraku turns to look at me, his black wavy hair moving like black silk. His crimson red eyes locking on mine, I walk up to him.

“___________?” He says, his porcelain fair skin so flawless and white.

“Are you busy?” I ask him.

Naraku looks at me with slight awe, his mouth curves up into a smile.

“I’m no...” he begins.

“_____________, dear child, can you help me with something?” An elderly voice says from the side.

We both turn to see an old woman from the village carrying a large basket of vegetables. I quickly help her carry it, I turn to Naraku.

“Do you need me to help you?” He asks me.

“No, it’s alright, I got this.” I reply with a smile.

“Naraku! Can you come with us for this job?” I hear Miroku shout from not too far away.

I peek through the loaded basket of the vegetables that's blocking my face to see Miroku in the distance. I don’t think they saw me due to the large basket of vegetables, I turn back to Naraku again.

“Looks like you have some stuff to do after all, go ahead. Let’s talk some other time. I have to help out too.” I say with a chuckle.

Naraku’s face suddenly seem to fall slightly, he looks solemn again. But then he looks back up at me with a forced smile.

“Let’s talk some other time then.” He says.

I nod. Naraku then walks past me, a gentle breeze follows after him and it caresses my face. I turn slightly to watch him walk away, his black hair swaying side to side. I feel a bit regretful. I then return to help the old lady carry her basket of vegetables, that one help actually carried on till afternoon. It felt rewarding though to help out whenever I can, the afternoon sun hangs high above the village and illuminates the world around me. I smile at the clear blue sky, I guess I’ll go for a walk. My feet creating crunching sounds on the rocky road, I don’t really know where I’m going but this isn’t half bad. I walked for about 10 minutes or so, I realized that I’m inside a forest. The sounds of birds fills the still beauty, the air around me is clean and fresh. I walk through the tall trees that looms over like umbrellas, I walked without any designation. Suddenly I hear a faint crunching sound on my left not too far away, I turn my head to the direction.

“Wonder what that was...” I think to myself.

Doesn’t seem like an animal, I walk to the direction of the sound. I walk for about a minute, I then come upon to what appears to be a small clearing. I hide behind a tree and glance at the small clearing to see if there’s anything, I peek behind the tree trunk and my eyes slightly goes wide as I see what is leaning against a tree not to far away.

“Sesshomaru?” I thought to myself.

Indeed it’s him, he’s sitting down on the vibrant green grass and leaning against a tree trunk. His eyes are closed, showing the two magenta stripes on his eyelids. He has his bundle of fur behind his head as a pillow, the 4 magenta stripes on his cheeks defining his features nicely. He’s sleeping, his chest rise and falls in a consistent rhythm. I smile as I look at him, I lean my shoulder against the tree trunk and I take a deep breath of the air. I look up at the sky through the spaces between the leaves on the trees, I’ll let him rest. I turn to leave and let him carry on with his day.

“Didn’t expect you to be here.” A low but rich tone says from behind me.

The sudden voice causes me to flinch slightly, I turn around. Sesshomaru is still motionless, but then his eyes slowly open and his amber gems travels to find mine. When his finds mine, my heart start to beat faster. He is indeed majestic.

“Yea, I didn’t realize that myself either till I stepped into the forest. Guess it’s fate for us to meet here today.” I say walking to him.

“Fate does not apply to demons especially for me.” Sesshomaru says without emotions.

I take a seat in front of him in the soft grass, Sesshomaru doesn’t move or get up, he just continues to sit there relaxed. 

“I didn’t want to bother you resting so I was just about to leave, but then you surprised me.” I tell him.

“If you were planning on leaving, then why are you sitting in front of me right now?” He asks me.

I listen to his question and it starts to sink into my mind, I look down and around me. He’s right, why am I sitting here.

“I have no idea actually, I’ll let you rest.” I say with a laugh.

“It’s fine, stay here and talk with me for a while.” Sesshomaru says looking to the side.

I look back at him, his outer exterior is cold, but his heart and mind are warm.

“Alright, so what do you want to talk about?” I ask him.

“Doesn’t matter, whatever is on your mind.” He replies.

“Hmmm… alright. Oh, I talked with Naraku last night, he told me about his past and who he was. I learned a lot about him in such a short time.” I tell him with a smile.

“I see, did last night’s talk with him help you regain any of your memories?” He asks me.

“Unfortunately no. I actually wanted to get to know him a bit better this morning but circumstances prevented that from happening.” I say with a sigh.

Sesshomaru turns his head to look at me.

“Do you care for him?” He asks me.

I look back up at him, he’s looking at me with a captivating stare, his amber eyes seem to be more orange. My heart starts to beat faster again as I look at him.

“He is a my friend, I do care for him but there’s still a bit of distance between Naraku and I. I care about him, but I think I care about you more because I feel closer to you.” I tell him.

Sesshomaru’s expression changes into slight surprise, but then returns back to his normal face.

“You surprised me by your action since the first day that we met, and you did it again with your words.” He says.

“Uhm, I’ll take that as a compliment.” I reply with a chuckle.

He doesn’t say anything but continues to look at me, his expression soft but also unreadable. He then stands up, the bundle of fur back on his shoulder.

“Are you leaving?” I ask him.

“I suppose I am.” He replies looking out.

“Any designation?” I ask him again.

“No, what are you thinking?” He says looking down at me.

“Since you have nothing to do, want to go for a fly in the sky together?” I suggest to him with a smile.

Sesshomaru’s eyes shifts from one of my eye to the other, he then relaxes his brows. He then turns and start to walk away, I stand up and watch him as his white hair sways side to side following his graceful steps. Is he just going to leave like this?

“If you want to rise to the sky, then what are you still standing there for?” He asks me, his voice cutting through the silence.

It takes me a second to register what he said, but I smile. His words contradicts his actions greatly. I follow after him, keeping a short distance as we walk out of the forest. When the clear blue sky finally displays itself again, Sesshomaru stops walking, he then turns to face me I stop in front of him. His majestic figure and gracefulness fills my vision.

“Should I?” I ask him awkwardly.

All he does is nod, I take a deep breath. I feel my heart starting to beat faster again, I take a step forward and I step on my toes, I wrap my arms around Sesshomaru’s neck. His face is now just mere centimetres from mine, we’re so close I can feel his breathing from his nose. I look up into his eyes, golden brown gems flicks to look at me. How gorgeous they are. I feel Sesshomaru place his left arm around my waist and he holds me close to him, then he jumps into the sky. I close my eyes as we soar higher in the empty space, the air around us picks up drastically. I open my eyes and I look around me, Sesshomaru and I are flying in the air, traveling without a designation or goal. It feels peaceful, and to be flying in the air with Sesshomaru, it feels nice. We’ve done this many time already since we’ve met, although it is an out of this world experience, but somehow, this time doesn’t seem as special as a previous flight that I had…that I can’t seem to recall when. But all in all, this is an enjoyable moment. The two of us fly in the sky for about 5 minutes or so, green grass covers the world below us and the white clouds floats in the sky above us, the quietness is lulling me to sleep slightly. I begin to feel my eyelids starting to droop, my hold around Sesshomaru neck is slowly to lose it’s strength. I then feel his arm tighten around my waist a bit more, I feel his breathing against my face again as he lowers his face to mine.

“Are you getting drowsy?” He asks me.

“Hmm? Yea, a little bit.” I tell him feeling my consciousness fading in and out.

“Then sleep.” He tells me quietly.

“I don’t want to, I want to look around a bit longer.” I tell him, but I feel that no matter what I do to stay awake, I’m going to fall asleep.

Sesshommaru’s other hand, gently holds the back of my head and he pulls me closer to him. My head rests against the base of his neck, I can smell his scent, it’s alluring and out of this world. The smooth skin of his neck brushes against my forehead, now I feel even more sleepy.

“You can sleep.” I hear him say from above me.

“Alright…” I finally say giving in to the temptation of sleep.

I close my eyes, and I feel my consciousness fade away. But before it does, I feel someone’s hand gently caressing my face. Who is this? It feels so warm and loving. Somehow I felt that someone held my face like that a long time ago once, the fingers on the hand glides along my face. As I drift off and lean against this comfort, I remember that this hand belongs to Sesshomaru. I wake up inside a room, my eyes falls on the wooden ceiling. I sit up, the sun has just started to set. The flaming orange light shines through the window, I look around. I’m back in my room in the village, Sesshomaru brought me back. I smile that I got to spend the day with him, I remember his touch on my face before I dozed off. I touch my face as if his hand is still there. My heart begins to speed up again, why does it do that? Do I really like him? Or is it something else?

“Perhaps... I am in love with him...” I think to myself.

I get up and head to the big hut, I should help Kagome and the others with dinner. I walk through the oranges color laced village and finally arrive outside the hut, I lift the curtain and enter. Sango turns around and smiles at me.

“____________, you’re awake.” She says.

“Yea I am, sorry for sleeping on you guys while you were busy.” I tell them.

“No need to apologize, Sesshomaru brought you back. We understand your tiredness, rest is really important.” Lady Kaede says.

“Thank you. Did Sesshomaru leave right after he dropped me off?” I ask them.

“He did. _____________, tell me something, is there anything between you and Sesshomaru?” Kagome asks me.

The question surprised me, I blink at her with a dumbfounded expression.

“No, there’s nothing between us. Why do you ask?” I answer waving my hands in front of me.

“I ask, because you seem happy when you’re with him. Do you have any kind of feelings towards Sesshomaru?” Kagome asks me again.

I think on her question, I suppose she is right. I do smile when I’m with Sesshomaru, but do I call this love? Or something else.

“I’m actually not sure Kagome...” I finally say.

Kagome and Sango look at each other with a slight furrowed again. Sango then looks back at me with a solemn smile.

“Whatever that feeling is, I hope you’ll be able to see it clearly and truthfully soon.” She says.

“Yea, I hope so too.” I reply back with a nod.

We finish preparing dinner, Miroku and Inuyasha comes in a few minutes after setting up the table with the children, Rin, and Shippo like always.

“Is Naraku not with you guys?” I ask them noticing that he’s not with them.

“He went to the field, he told me that he’s not hungry and for us to eat without him.” Inuyasha answers me and sits down beside Kagome.

“Oh… well, I’ll go find him. Don’t wait for us.” I tell them.

“Wait___________.” Sango starts.

Before she can finish her sentence, I’m already out the door. I speed walk, and jog my way to where the flowers grew. The stars are out in the navy black sky already, why is Naraku by himself again? Whatever the reason may be, I can’t let him be alone like this. Something deep inside tells me that I shouldn’t let him be alone. As his friend, I won’t allow that, I hurry to the field. When I arrive, I can see the silhouette of the tall grass. Sitting in the centre of the field, someone’s head pokes out from within the tall blades. I’m assuming it’s Naraku. I walk in and up to him, as I get closer I can see his form better.

“Naraku?” I ask the figure.

The figure turns his head around and the familiar red orbs looks at me, his face turns into slight surprise.

“_____________.” Naraku says.

“What are you doing out here by yourself? We’re having dinner right now, come join us.” I say to him.

Naraku turns his back to the empty distance, the night wind making his black hair sway gently.

“I’m not hungry, besides, demon’s don’t require food. Thank you for coming to find me, but you do not need to worry about me__________.” He says softly.

I frown at his words, I sit down beside him on his right, as my hand touches the ground I felt it brushes against his slightly. His skin is cool to the touch and soft, he flinches and looks at me. I move my hand away slightly and I clear my throat, my heart beats rises drastically. 

“Hope you don’t mind me sitting down here and spend some time with you. I’m not really that hungry myself either, besides we didn’t get the chance to bond a bit better in the morning so I guess now is the make up time?” I say with a chuckle.

Naraku’s facial expression softens and he shows me a smile.

“I suppose you’re right. No I don’t mind at all.” He says.

“Good.” I say stretching.

I glance at Naraku, he then stretch out his left arm towards the sky, as he does so his kimono sleeve draws back. I see a red wooden bamboo bracelet on his wrist, it’s beautiful.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what is that bracelet?” I ask him.

Naraku lowers his arm and he touches the bracelet and looks at it with a nostalgic face.

“Someone gave this to me a long time ago, it is one of the most treasured thing that I own, and as of now, one of the only thing that reminds me of that person and the past that we’ve shared, the other being my memories.” Naraku tells me twisting the bamboo around his wrist.

“I see, that person must have been very dear indeed if you’re still wearing it.” I say to him.

“Indeed. That person has the other half, that person told me about the red string of fate. How when two people in love and are fated to be together are tied together by a red string of fate.” Naraku says while looking up at the night sky.

“Oh, ya I know about that. I also know about the story about a cow herder and a goddess who fell in love but was separated by the heavens. So the person who gave this to you was your lover? I ask him again.

“Yes, the person who gave me this bracelet is the one that I love. I wouldn’t call her my lover, I’d like to believe she is my soulmate. I haven’t seen her in such a long time… I miss her greatly.” Naraku corrects me with a subtle smile and becoming quiet as he says the second half.

As I hear those words and remembering what I asked him earlier, something pops back to me. Sango and the others told me that I use to be in a relationship with him, so his soulmate could have been me. Except I don’t remember anything about him or even meeting him, exactly what made me forget him. Also, if he and I were in a relationship, then why am I not wearing the bracelet? I feel my cheeks beginning to heat up slightly and my heart beginning to beat faster. Maybe I’m overthinking a bit, perhaps he mistaken me for someone who looks like me? Should I clarify it? But even if I do clarify it, what’s going to happen next?

“Can you tell me who that person was?” I ask him slowly.

Naraku looks at me as he hears my question, his brows furrows a bit, but then he relaxes them.

“In time.” Naraku says.

I look at him, a bit disappointed but I let it go. For some reason, I feel sleepy again. Why am I so sleepy today? I feel my centre of balance slightly swaying.

“Are you sleepy?” He asks me suddenly.

His sudden question snaps me awake, only for a second or two though. I nod my head slightly in response.

“Ya, I am slightly, I’ve been feeling sleepy all day today. I’m not trying to be rude.” I say with a slight chuckle.

“I understand, humans need their rest. It’s night time as well, go ahead and sleep. Tonight has been nice, I was able to tell someone some of my inner most feelings. Thank you for listening____________.” I hear Naraku say.

“Yea…of course…” I reply feeling my consciousness fading in and out more drastically this time.

The next thing I know, I tip over and I feel myself fall onto Naraku’s shoulder. His silky black hair brushes against my face, my eyes closes immediately, and I start to fade out. Before I completely fall asleep though, I feel something hold the right side of my face. It feels like a hand, gently caressing my face, but it feels very far away. I don’t know if I’m dreaming or if I’m still in my conscious state, I can’t grasp hold of it. But I think it’s Naraku’s hand. As I’m about to completely fade away in slumber, I think I hear someone’s voice, Naraku’s.

“I miss you so much,__________ I miss you with the only heart that I have. I remember everything and I cherish it all, I’m waiting for you to come back, but I can’t have you back until you…” I hear this faint voice say from far far away, I almost have to strain my ear just to hear the words.

It seems to hold so much emotions, sad, melancholic and longing. I then black out before I can finish hearing the sentence. The days that follow all seem to be the same, I see Sesshomaru almost everyday. I spend time with him a lot, and I suppose the time spent with him may help me figure out my feelings bit by bit. And I’d like to think that I might be in love with Sesshomaru. Naraku on the other hand though, I can’t seem to find the right time to talk to him when the sun’s out, when he’s available I’m not, and vice versa. We seem to slip pass each other constantly. It’s a bit frustrating to be honest, somedays, I don’t see him at all. It’s only at night that I can find him in the flower field, but we never talk for long because being a human, I have to rest. A bit regretful, but our conversations are never dull. Although I don’t know much about him, but I feel that I’ve known him for a long time in just these few days of talking. I cherish the friendship that I have with Naraku, the demon with crimson red eyes. One day after finishing up the daily routines, I decide to go out for a walk. The evening sun lights my way, my sandals crunches the sand beneath my feet. I close my eyes, and breath in the fresh air. I don’t have any plans right now, I suppose I just want to take some time by myself and try to take in everything that has happened in the past week or so. I’m just walking around aimlessly, until I come upon an open field with trees all around. The world is dyed in golden brown and orange, how beautiful. For some reason, I want to go to somewhere special. Somewhere that I’ve been to before. I look around the field and into the trees, something catches my attention. Someone that stands out drastically in white, could it be? I walk through the empty field to get a better look, as I near it is indeed him. He is sitting on a branch on a tall tree, his eyes are closed, the magenta stripes on his eyelids are a beautiful maroon color under the evening light. He seems to be resting.

“Sesshomaru?” I ask him.

His eyes slowly opens and he shifts his head to look down at me, his long white hair falls from his shoulders and sways in the air. He looks at me slightly taken aback.

“____________?” He says.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” I ask him touching the tree trunk as I look up at him.

“Resting, and you, what are you doing here?” He asks me the same question.

“I see, just taking a walk, we seem to be find each other in the most interesting places, a lot huh?” I point out with a chuckle.

“Indeed.” He says quietly.

I look out to the setting sun, the tall mountains seem to be blocking out some of the views in the far distance. I stand on my toes hoping to see beyond them, I put a hand above my eyes to block out the sunlight.

“What are you doing?” Sesshomaru’s voice asks me from above.

“Oh, I was hoping to be able to see beyond the mountains. Stupid of me to think that when I’m down here.” I say embarrassed.

I inhale and look out again, I then hear a light thud near me. I look around to find the source, I then see Sesshomaru in front of me. The suddenness surprised me.

“Sesshomaru? What are you doing?” I ask him slightly taken aback.

“Without saying anything, he holds out his left hand to me, I look at it confused.

“What?” I ask him.

“You said that you want to see further into the distance, I’ll help you.” He finally tells me.

My eyes widen as I comprehend his words, but then I smile. I place my right hand inside his, he closes his fingers around my hand. They are cool and big, they feel safe. The next thing I know, he swiftly pulls me into him. I can smell his scent again, he wraps his other arm around my waist. He then jumps into the air and the next thing I know we both land on the same tall branch that Sesshomaru was on earlier, it’s a good few meters off the ground. I start to lose my balance, but Sesshomaru’s hand keeps me stable.

“Sit down or you’ll fall.” He advise me.

“Ya, good idea.” I reply.

I sit down on the branch, Sesshomaru sits down behind me and leans against the tree trunk. The two of us look out towards the setting sun, indeed I can see more now that I’m in a higher place, the perspective changes greatly. It’s beautiful. Everything is covered in rich orange and red.

“Thank you for this Sesshomaru, for everything that you have done for me.” I say turning to him with a smile.

He’s looking at me, I look back into his amber eyes, those golden brown eyes reflecting the sunlight. The magenta stripes on his cheeks and the crescent moon on his forehead making him look majestic as ever, for a second I forgot he’s a demon. He’s just looking at me, gazing at me with a soft expression.

“Sesshomaru?” I say his name.

The next thing I know, he leans forward slightly, his left hand comes up. I look at it confused and then back at him, he’s still looking at me without any words. Then I feel his hand gently caressing my cheek, his cool skin glides along my face. The closeness making my heart beat faster, but I can’t seem to pinpoint what this feeling is. My eyes goes wide slightly and my mind start to go blank, unable to get a grasp on things I begin to tip backwards as I’m unable to come to my senses on what is going on. I feel myself going backwards and when my whole body weight finally weighs me down I finally realize that I’m falling backwards. I try to hold onto the tree branch but it’s too much for me to grab onto especially in a backward falling position.

“Ah!” I let out.

“_____________!” I hear Sesshomaru say.

I fall back and I lose my grip on the branch completely at this point, I’m falling at a fast speed from a great height. Now my mind is completely blank at this rate, with no other options I close my eyes. Before I feel the hard ground beneath me, someone catches me.

“Oof!” I let out at the suddenness.

My arms instinctively grabs hold onto something, I open my eyes to see who it is. Familiar amber eyes looks into mine, my arms has wrapped themselves around his neck as he holds me.

“Sesshomaru.” I say surprised.

He’s looking at me with a slight furrowed expression, if I have to say, a bit worried. He looks slightly pained as well, I couldn’t look away.

“Are you alright?” He asks me.

“Yea… I’m alright, thanks for saving me.” I reply still dazed.

He then gently lowers me onto the ground, I let go of him and I look back at him. He’s standing right in front of me, his left hand comes up and touches my face again gently. Why is he doing this? Does he?

“Sesshomaru…” I say without realizing it.

“My feelings has finally showed itself.” He finally says with a sigh.

Those words surprised me, feelings? Does that mean what I mean?

“Sesshomaru, do you perhaps… love me?” I ask him slowly and cautiously.

Sesshomaru’s eyes gazes into mine, he then turns around and faces away from me.

“Yes____________, I do. But I know I can’t have you, you’re not mine. Goodbye for now.” He says quietly and start to walk away.

I watch his back view as he walks away, his long white hair swaying and the fur on his shoulder trails behind him, I’m in a daze. Sesshomaru just confessed his feelings to me, and he’s walking away because he says that he can’t have me and that I’m not his. He loves me, but how do I really feel? He and I have spent so much time together, I see him as someone dear to me. My heart beats faster whenever he’s close, but do I call it love? What if I believed that it’s love, what if I follow this feeling and call it love? Perhaps I can make this work, days of confused feelings should be resolved by now, and it should be now. I look back at Sesshomaru, he’s in the near distance now still walking. I think, I’m in love with Sesshomaru as well. I run after him, my hair flies behind me as I run as fast as I can to catch up to him.

“Sesshomaru!” I shout after him as I near him bit by bit.

Sesshomaru stops and turns around slowly, perhaps a kiss will help me figure it out more. I stop in front of him, out of breath. Sesshomaru looks down at me, his amber eyes gazing into mine like stars. I smile at him while breathing heavily.

“_______________…” He says my name quietly.

“Stay still.” I tell him.

He looks at me slightly confused. I take a step forward, I stand on my toes and I hold his face in my palms, I then find his lips with mine. Sesshomaru’s eyes widens slightly, his lips are soft and smooth as they touch my own. I close my eyes and try to take in this moment, my heart is beating faster again. Yes a kiss will help me figure out my true feelings, he loves me, and I think I love him too. He says that he can’t have me, but I cherish him. I'll make this work...somehow.