Chapter II | New Beginnings

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

  ​​

 

♡━━━ March | Mina's PoV ━━━♡


"Would you prefer if I drove you to school, Lady Mina?" asked a calm, mature voice while I was about to open the door to leave the house. It was our chauffeur, Akio. He's a tall, sleek, young man with short black hair. He has been working for my family for a while now, his father is the chief butler of our house. "I'm fine in walking, but I appreciate the offer, Akio-san," I replied while smiling politely. He simply nodded and I left the house. 

Today is the first day of school. We moved to Seoul a couple of weeks ago and I will be starting my second year here. I guess all those Korean lessons will be useful now. Moving to a new country, and transferring to a new school would be an even more terrifying experience if I didn't know how to speak the language.

 

(The school uniform is something like this, only with a dark blue blazer instead of a sweater in the picture.)

Cherry blossoms were blooming near the entrance of the school. It was a very beautiful sight, and I must admit that Spring is one of my favorite seasons. Students were scattered all around, and some stopped to stare at me, leaving me slightly uncomfortable but I simply kept walking until I entered the building.

"That's the girl who transferred from Japan!" somebody whispered as I passed by, clearly not being careful enough to not be heard. "I heard that she's really rich and is some sort of Japanese princess!" someone else said. 

Well, I am definitely not a princess but I suppose you could say I live as one. It's not as good as it sounds though. I spent most of my childhood in lessons that my parents arranged for me. I learned ballet, archery, piano, and a few foreign languages, such as English and Korean. Combining that with my introverted nature, as a result, I didn't really have many friends while growing up. It's too bad my parents didn't arrange me lessons on how to socialize with people.

After walking around a bit, I found the classroom I'd be spending a good part of this year in. I chose a seat that wasn't surrounded by too many people and sat down, reaching for my phone inside my bag and immediately opening up one of my beloved games. I started playing until I could feel a shadow above me, and after glancing up I saw a tall girl with reddish brown hair, a pointy nose and a friendly smile in front of me. I could tell she was also Japanese, and that was further confirmed once she started talking to me in my native language.

"Hi! You must be the new student who transferred from Japan, right?" she said. Her voice was rather high-pitched but it still sounded sweet. "I'm Minatozaki Sana! I wanted to talk to you... I was worried you'd have a hard time here since you're new."

"Hi... I'm Myoui Mina and it's nice to meet you," I replied, hoping I didn't sound too awkward. "I actually speak Korean as well, so you don't need to speak Japanese with me unless you prefer to."

"Oh. I'm impressed!" she said, softly laughing a bit. "Here I was thinking you didn't speak any Korean. Nice to meet you too, Mina-san!" She sat down by my side and rested her face in her hand while looking at me, the smile never fading from her face. 

Sana was about to say something when someone entered the classroom and took her attention. "Ah, Jihyo-chan! Come here!!" she exclaimed to a girl with short dark brown hair and big eyes. She was very pretty and had a friendly aura, much like Sana. The other girl smiled and joined us. 

"This is Myoui Mina-san, she just transferred into our class from Japan," Sana said, gesturing at me. 

"Nice to meet you! I'm Park Jihyo," she slightly bowed her head and offered me a bright smile. Jihyo seemed like the type of person who can make you feel comfortable around her, and I returned her smile. 

"Nice to meet you, Jihyo-ssi," I politely replied while also bowing my head. Jihyo sat down in front of me and kindly asked "How are you liking Seoul so far? Hopefully you'll be able to make yourself at home here."

"Hm, I've only been here for two weeks now," I said, placing the tip of my finger on my chin while I elaborated a better answer. "So far, the people have been very kind to me and my current home isn't too different from what it was back in Japan."

It was true, it was still a big, luxurious house, much like the one I used to live in. I still spend most of my day inside my room playing a game or reading, so I suppose you could say my life didn't change too much. 

"Jihyo and I will do everything we can to make you feel at home, Mina-san, so don't hesitate to ask for anything," Sana sweetly said, smiling and gently patting my arm. "I hope we can be friends!"

I smiled at how genuine and friendly they were. Normally people don't approach me, so this is quite new. But it feels so enjoyable to have people to talk to. "I really appreciate it.... and I'd love to be friends as well." 

The teacher walked into the classroom and signaled for students to be quiet as the lesson would start. Sana squeezed my arm and smiled reassuringly at me before turning to face the teacher.

After class ended, Sana stretched her arms and groaned. "Ugh, I feel like my brain is fried and this is just the first day." Jihyo got up from her seat and playfully hit her in the head with a piece of paper, saying "I can't believe your resistance is this low, Sana. Don't forget we still have an entire year ahead of us."

I couldn't help but giggle at their exchange. They seemed really comfortable with each other and I could assume they were very close friends. Sana also chuckled and hugged the other girl's waist, who was standing in front of her. "I really missed you and your nagging, Jihyo-chan~"

Jihyo rolled her eyes but then patted her on the head, smiling widely while gazing down "It's only been a few days since we hung out... but I guess I missed you too." Sana looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter