Chapter XIII | Savior

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

     

♡━━━ May | Mina's PoV ━━━♡

 

After a lot of insistence from Chaeyoung, I finally agreed to join them in the video game club this afternoon. I was outside the first years’ classroom, waiting for her so we could go together. When I was about to open up a game on my phone, I heard some familiar voices.

“Oh, hi, Mina-unnie,” said a smiley Dahyun, leaving the classroom with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung by her side.

“Hi, girls,” I greeted them, locking my phone’s screen and placing it inside my bag.

“Are you ready?” Chaeyoung asked, excitedly, clasping her hands together.

“Yes, I’m ready,” I nodded in response, then looking at Tzuyu. “Are you going to archery practice?”

“Ah, no, today I have rehearsals for the play,” the tall girl replied.

“We're going now,” Dahyun said, saluting us before walking away with Tzuyu. “Have fun, you two!”

“C’mon, Mina-unnie, let’s go,” Chaeyoung exclaimed, grabbing my wrist and starting to drag me around the school.

The video game club room was actually surprisingly close to Chaeyoung’s classroom, so we arrived there sooner than expected.

“Ta-da!” Chaeyoung exclaimed happily opening the door and extending her arm to show the place. “Welcome to the best place in the entire campus~”

As we entered, I quickly looked around the room. The lighting was mostly dim, apart from the glow that came from the screens. They had two large televisions and a few computers to be used for gaming. The walls were decorated with posters and there were some bean bags and sofas for students to sit in.

“Wow, this place is pretty impressive,” I said, looking in awe at all of the things they had available and wondering how they were able to afford all of this.

“I know, right?” Said a female voice I didn’t recognize at first. When I looked in the direction it was coming from, I realized it was a girl from my classroom.

“I’m Jisoo, the president of this club,” the girl said, cracking a friendly smile that made me feel like I could trust her. “We’re so glad you finally decided to show up. From what I’ve heard, you sound like quite a prowess in gaming.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Jisoo-ssi. I’m Myoui Mina,” I politely replied, bowing my head to her. “Thank you for having me here.”

“You came!” I heard Jungkook’s voice say as he walked over to greet us, with another boy beside him. He had a cute bunny smile on his face that I quickly returned.

“Yep, I’m finally here,” I replied, chuckling. “Thank you for inviting me.”

“This here is Taehyung, he’s my best friend,” Jungkook said, pointing at the other boy.

Taehyung had dark brown hair in a cute mullet hairstyle that really suited him. He was tall, slender and remarkably good-looking.

“Nice to meet ya~,” Taehyung said, doing a “v” sign with his hand and showing a boxy smile.

“Pleased to meet you,” I replied, smiling at the pair.

“Okay, now that we’re done with introductions, let’s go play something!” Chaeyoung said, excitedly. “We should let Mina-unnie pick since she’s a visit.”

Looking around so I could see the options, I noticed there was a Nintendo Switch. “Do you have Mario Kart?” I inquired, placing the tip of my finger on my chin.

“We do,” Jungkook answered, walking towards the shelf where they kept the games and grabbing the game I asked for. “Good choice.”

“Play with her, Jungkookie,” Jisoo said, plopping on a bean bag and eating a piece of fried chicken.

I could quickly notice how this club had a laidback aura, Jisoo was the complete opposite of our diligent club president Joohyun.

“Jungkook is unbeatable in this game,” Taehyung commented, putting his hands inside his pockets and seeming amused. “I’m hoping he will lose this title today.”

“Me too, it’s not fair when he wins everything,” Chaeyoung agreed, walking over to a minifridge and grabbing a box of strawberry milk. “Do you want something to drink, Mina-unnie?”

“If you have any carbonated drinks,” I replied, and Chaeyoung walked over to me and handed a can of coca-cola. “Thanks.”

We both sat down on a sofa as Jungkook handed me a controller. He had a cheeky smile on his face, and I smiled challengingly at him as he sat on a bean bag beside Taehyung.

“Are you ready to lose?” Jungkook asked before starting up the game and I could see Chaeyoung rolling her eyes.

“Oh, I’m ready,” I replied, gripping on the controller. “I don't plan on losing though.”

“May the best gamer win,” Jisoo chuckled as the race started.

He was good, I must admit, even better than I expected. We were pretty much tied the entire gameplay, but a little bit before it was about to be over, I managed to surpass him and won the match.

Chaeyoung opened widely, blinking twice. “Whoa, I can’t believe you actually defeated him.”

“Finally, Jungkookie has been dethroned,” Jisoo said, laughing while clapping her hands.

Jungkook had a smile in his face as he looked at me, using his hand as support to rest his chin on it, saying, “You really are as good as they say.”

I simply shrugged and smiled in response, saying, “I just had a lot of time on my hands over the years.”

 

 

♡━━━ May | Sana's PoV ━━━♡

 

Archery practice had just ended, and I was preparing to leave, putting my club uniform inside a bag so I could laundry it today. I was the only one of my friends who participated today, so I was going home on my own.

As I left the archery range, I picked up my phone from my bag to see if I had received any new messages.

“Hey, I was waiting for you,” I heard a voice that I unfortunately recognized. When I looked forward, I saw Hanbin resting his body against the wall and crossing his arms, smirking at me.

I looked at him, confused and starting to feel frustrated that he kept insisting on this. But not wanting any trouble, I forced myself to smile at him.

“Hello, Hanbin-ssi, I’m confused on why you’re waiting for me though…?” I asked, playing dumb.

He propped his body forward and started moving on my direction, that annoying grin never leaving his face. “I figured yesterday you might have been embarrassed to accept my invitation in front of your friend,” he said, and I almost flinched at his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter