Chapter VI | Warming Gift

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

      

 

 

 ♡━━━ March | Nayeon's PoV ━━━♡  

This month will soon be coming to an end. It's already been three weeks since school has started. I'm trying my best to do well on my classes and I've been working hard at the bakery too. 

At lunch break, we usually gather to eat together as a group of 9, consisting of me, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu, who was introduced to us by Sana and Mina, since they are in the same club as her. She is also classmates with Chaeyoung and Dahyun, so I see them hanging out together sometimes too. 

But the highlights of my days have definitely been Mina. I've managed to become a bit closer to her, and I must admit that Sana did help me out even though she does it in an obnoxious way.

At this point, I am completely sure I am falling for this girl. And my feelings are completely different from the juvenile crush I had on Lee Jieun, whom I barely knew. When it's Mina, I always end up messing up my sentences because I'm too distracted by her beautiful dark eyes. I love it when I manage to make her laugh, or smile. It's a bonus if it's a gummy smile. I feel my heart beating so fast in my chest just by hearing her say my name. I love how she lights up whenever we're talking about her cat and how she shyly blushes whenever I compliment her. 

"This is not good, Nayeon... you're falling for her too fast..." I thought, sighing, as I opened the door and entered the drama club room.

"Nayeon-unnie! Good afternoon!" Dahyun greeted me excitedly, with a bright smile on her face that was too contagious for me not to return.

"Hey there, Dahyun-ah," I replied, patting her head a few times. "Is everyone here already?"

"I think now we're just missing Jihyo-unnie before we can get started."

I nodded in reply, and shortly afterward, Jihyo entered the room and smiled at us.

"Sorry I'm late, Nayeon-unnie! Sana wouldn't let go of me and you know how she is..." she said.

I laughed and shook my head in reply, letting her know that she didn't need to apologize, and then the three of us walked over to where the rest of the club members were. 

"Hey everyone, good afternoon!" I greeted them. "Today, we're gonna start deciding what play we'll be doing for the first semester. Any ideas are appreciated, so if you have any, please raise your hand."

Bae Suzy, a classmate of mine who is also a member of our club, raised her hand. I nodded, asking her to proceed, and she said:

"I'm not exactly sure what we could do, but I know what we probably shouldn't do. Honestly, I think we should avoid clichés. Stuff like Cinderella and Romeo & Juliet have been done so many times already..."

"You have a very good point... I think we should avoid the obvious ones as well," I replied, scratching my cheek.

"I think it would be nice if we did a musical," said Park Jimin, a kind second-year student.

"Oh, I like the idea of a musical too!!" Dahyun said, sounding excited.

"A musical would be really nice, and different from the stuff we usually do," I said, nodding. "Does anyone have any objections with a musical?"

Everyone remained silent while exchanging glances, some shaking their heads.

"A musical it is then. Any ideas?" I asked.

"How about West Side Story?" Jimin said.

"Isn't that basically a modern-day Romeo & Juliet though...?" Suzy said, scrunching her brows.

"Oh, I guess you're right," Jimin replied.

"We could do La La Land, maybe..." Jihyo slowly said. "I know it's originally not a play, but I think we could adapt it into one."

"It would probably be a bit more work since we'd have to write our own script," said Kang Seulgi, another one of my classmates. "But I think it'd be worth it because it has a lot of nice songs and the story is fun."

"I like that idea too!" I said. "If you agree on La La Land, please raise your hand."

It was unanimous. Everyone raised their hand, apparently seeming excited by the idea. I smiled and clasped my hands together, saying:

"Very good! Now that we have decided, we can start our preparations. I think Jihyo and I could write the script. We'll need to plan costumes too. Could you work on designing them, Seulgi?"

The girl nodded excitedly. Seulgi is an amazing drawer and always comes up with amazing designs for our plays. 

"I think we could also translate the songs into Korean..." Jihyo said. "Sure, it's more work, but I think it'll be easier for the actors to sing and for the audience to understand."

"That's true... does anyone here think they can translate the original lyrics into singable Korean lyrics...?"

"I think I could do it," Suzy said, smiling.

"Great!" I replied, smiling widely, then looking at Jimin. "Do you think you could sew the costumes, as usual, Jimin?"

The boy smiled at me and nodded, giving me a thumbs up as an affirmation.

"Thank you," I replied gratefully. "We'll also need to find a cast. For this play in specific, I was thinking we should visit the dancing club to see if anyone wants to participate since dancing is a big part in the two main roles and I don't think any of us are particularly good at it."

"I think that would be a good idea, Nayeon-unnie," Jihyo replied. "We can probably try going there next week after we have everything a bit more planned out."

"I was thinking that too... Dahyun-ah, do you think you could help them out with some acting lessons?"

She saluted to me and said:

"Leave that to me, Nayeon-unnie~"

"Okay, great!" I replied, smiling widely and then turning on the TV and opening Netflix. "I think we should watch the movie now before starting our work. Everyone, grab a notepad so we can make annotations while we watch it."

We all sat down and watched the movie, writing down what we thought would be useful for planning the play. By the time it was over, it was near the time for club activities to be over.

"Alright, guys, I'm glad we managed to decide what we're doing today," I said, smiling at everyone. "I think we can end our activities now. I want you guys to write down any ideas you might have at home as well and see you tomorrow."

Everyone nodded and left the room after saying goodbye until only Jihyo, Dahyun and I were left. I grabbed my stuff and locked the door after we left the room. 

"I need to go now, guys, I'm hanging out with Chaeng and Mina-unnie now," Dahyun said with a big smile on her face and sounding excited. "We're going to the arcade!!"

I was surprised to find out that Mina would be hanging out with them, but I felt really happy that she was getting along so well with everyone. And I've learned that she really loves video games so she'll probably have a great time there.

"That sounds great, Dahyun-ah," I said, smiling back at her. "Have lots of fun, okay? And make sure to include Minari in everything, you know how shy she can be."

"Of course, unnie, we'll make sure to do everything together with her!" Dahyun answered.

"Take pictures with them to show us, okay?" Jihyo said, ruffling her brightly colored hair and causing her to giggle and nod.

"See you two tomorrow!" Dahyun said, waving goodbye at us and walking away.

Jihyo then turned to face me. She had a smirk on her face. I wasn't sure what it was, but she definitely had something on her mind. 

"What...?" I asked, laughing.

"Nothing... I was just thinking about how you're always worrying about Mina," Jihyo replied, placing her hand on her chin.

I blushed and looked away, flustered that Jihyo had noticed that. It's true, I do worry about Mina a lot.

"I just want to make sure that she's doing well," I said, while shyly hiding my mouth with my hand. 

"You really have a soft spot for her, don't you?" Jihyo asked, smiling widely.

"Is it that obvious?" I slowly asked while bashfully smiling.

Jihyo giggled and shrugged, replying:

"It kinda is... but I think it's really sweet."

I smiled gratefully at her support. Jihyo really managed to do it in a less... frustrating way than Sana and I felt relieved about that.

"Especially considering how you two met..." Jihyo continued, still smiling at me. "I don't know, but I'm just glad you guys found each other again?"

I hugged Jihyo's side as we started walking towards the school entrance. "Yeah?" I murmured.

 She then continued saying:

"Who knows? Maybe fate was just really keen about bringing the two of you together."

I couldn't help but smile brightly at her.

"Do you really think so...?" I asked, feeling happy with Jihyo's words and hoping it might be true somehow. 

"Yes, I really do think so, silly," she replied kindly while patting my back a few times. 

Later that day, I was hanging out in my room with Jeongyeon and Momo, who had been going on for five minutes about how she was bitten by a mosquito in class. Jeongyeon couldn't handle it anymore and covered her ears with one of my pillows and I just stared at Momo, incredulous about how a person could talk so much about a mosquito bite.

"Kookeu, could you do us a favor and bite Momo's mouth so she'll shut up?" Jeongyeon said, gesturing at the small dog who was sleeping on my lap.

I laughed and my dog's fur, saying:

"It's too bad my Kookeu is an angel who wouldn't hurt a fly."

"I wish he could hurt a mosquito though," Momo said in a serious tone and Jeongyeon threw a pillow in her direction.

Momo laughed and then threw the pillow back at Jeongyeon, and I could sense a pillow fight was about to start, so I quickly intervened since I didn't want them breaking anything in my room.

"Stop it, dorks, you're gonna end up waking Kookeu," I said, shaking my head at them chuckling.

Jeongyeon, who was about to throw the pillow back at Momo, stopped herself and said:

"Okay... in respect to Kookeu, and Kookeu only, I will stop. Can we please talk about something that doesn't involve mosquitos though?"

"Fair enough," I laughed, glancing at Momo, who seemed amu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter