Chapter XVIII | Interlude

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

 

♡━━━ January | Nayeon’s PoV ━━━♡

 

The sight of Myoui Mina playing with my dog while sitting on my bed was by far one of the cutest things I had ever seen, so I was sure to capture the most of it with the lens of my phone’s camera.

“I think Kookeu loves you,” I said before sitting down by her side, giggling as he wagged his furry tail while Mina his head.

“He takes after his mother,” Mina responded, with a smile so smug it made me laugh in surprise.

“Well, someone’s getting bold,” I said, playfully leaning in until our faces were just a few inches apart.

I stared deeply into her eyes, and as expected, Mina flinched as her face became bright red and she had to avert her eyes. I placed a kiss on her cheek as she bashfully giggled.

Ever since last Christmas, it felt like I was living a dream. Just a few weeks ago I was so insecure and adamant about Mina not returning my feelings. But I decided that I had to let her know. And if I hadn’t taken that risk back then, maybe I never would have been brave enough to do so.

“You seem lost in thoughts,” Mina commented, tilting her head with a kind smile.

I chuckled and shook my head. “I was just wondering if I should pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming,” I said as a goofy smile formed on my face.

“You’re so silly,” Mina answered, giggling and playing with my hair.

“You know… I used to think you liked Jungkook,” I sheepishly admitted, glancing at Mina to gauge her reaction.

She frowned and her expression became confused as she said, “What? Why would you think that?”

“I don’t know… maybe I was just making up excuses in my mind to mask my own insecurities,” I replied, weakly laughing.

Mina’s gaze softened and she held my hand, raising it to her lips and placing a tender kiss on it. “Even if he is the one our society deems more appropriate for me to love… you are the one I fell for. You are the only one who can make my heart beat faster… and you are the one who I can’t stop thinking about even if I tried.”

Hearing those words instantly made me smile. It was like an open wound slowly healed itself and left no more room for doubt. I kissed her as a response, with the intention of showing her how happy I felt through it.

As I pulled away, I noticed we had smudged our lipstick and laughed as it looked quite silly. By the look on Mina’s face, I could only imagine I was also just as clown-like, so I took her hand and dragged her to my vanity.  

We sat down and started laughing more as we saw ourselves in the mirror. I took a makeup wipe and cleaned her lips, doing the same to mine afterward so we could look presentable again.

Opening a drawer, I grabbed a lip tint and applied it on her, carefully tracing the shape of her delicate lips.

“What’s the point of applying more if we’re going to kiss again?” Mina asked, smirking and I stared hard at her, surprised at how suggestive she sounded.

I wiggled my eyebrows and she burst out in giggles, covering her face with her hands.

“No worries, this one is matte and kiss-proof,” I replied, winking at her as I applied the same product on me, smacking my lips and making kissy faces on the mirror as Mina repeated my actions but ended up laughing right after.

In the spur of the moment, I thought of something really cheesy I could do and went ahead with it, using the lip tint to write in the mirror: ‘Would you like to be my girlfriend?’

Upon realizing what I wrote down, I saw that Mina started blushing again as she melted into one of her adorable gummy smiles.

“What will your answer be?” I said, taking the opportunity to shamelessly throw my best aegyo at her, confident that she would enjoy it even if some people could find it cringy. (Jeongyeon, I’m talking about you.)

“I thought I already was?” Mina said as a reply, coyly smiling, and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“You are… but I still wanted to ask officially, y’know,” I answered, challengingly raising my eyebrows.

“I would love that… more than anything else,” she said, her voice lac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter