Chapter XXIII | Epilogue

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

  

 

♡━━━ December | Mina’s PoV ━━━♡

 

Everything around us was white and frosty, as the coldest time of the year was here again. But ever since I met Nayeon, what became my favorite thing about Winter is the warmth that we feel when we are together, rendering the season’s effort to freeze us useless.

We’ve been together for a year now, and like every relationship, we’ve had ups and downs. But there wasn’t one time in which I wasn’t grateful for having her by my side. There wasn’t one time in which I was unhappy when the end of the day came.

Our love signified the end of my relationship with my father and brother. But in return, it also allowed me to rekindle my bond with my mother. Soon, I would be the one graduating from high school and starting a new life in university. I only planned on relying on my mother financially until I was able to walk on my own. Every day I was reminded of the hardships that awaited us simply by walking hand-in-hand with my girlfriend on the streets and receiving disapproving glances from strangers.

But as long as I had Nayeon with me, I knew that I could surpass all of these obstacles. Our future could be full of uncertainties, but the one thing I was sure of was that I always wanted to stay by her side.

This was the first Christmas we were spending together, as just the two of us. I surprised her with a trip to Jeju Island. Walking in the deep snow, our boots left an indentation in it with every step we took, as our arms gently swayed, connected by our intertwined hands.

The crystal drops that fell from the sky melted upon meeting our skin. Even scenery as simple as endless snow became strikingly beautiful when we were together.

I stopped in my tracks to lie down in the snow, in a desire to engage in closer contact with the frozen surroundings. Nayeon turned around to see what I was doing, and there was a beautiful smile on her face that showcased her bunny teeth.

“What’cha doing?” She playfully asked as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter