Chapter IV | Crush?

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

      

 

 

♡━━━ March | Nayeon's PoV ━━━♡


As I woke, I could smell the delicious scent of food that was being made in the kitchen. My family owns a bakery, and our house is actually on its second floor. 

And I must say, being the daughter of bakers has its perks, we always get to eat delicious bread, cakes, and pastries of all sorts.

I yawned and lazily forced myself to get up from the bed and headed to the bathroom so I could do my morning routine. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and applied some skincare products. I put on some minimal makeup, which was all that my school allowed.

After brushing my hair and changing into my school uniform, I headed downstairs so I could eat something before going out. There weren't any customers yet, as our store would only open in 30 minutes. I like waking up early so I can eat some freshly baked warm bread and have a bit of coffee before going to school. I wish I could say the same for my brother, but he sleeps until the last minute and leaves the house without eating a thing.

I usually walk to school with my friend Sana, who is also my neighbor. Wanting to see if she's awake already, I decided to text her:  

 

I shook my head and chuckled at Sana and her silly antics. She would probably be here soon, so I sat down on a chair and my mind wandered back to Mina, just as it did before I was trying to get some sleep last night.

I thought about the first time I saw her. I was completely mesmerized by how stunning she was and enchanted by her bashful and slightly awkward demeanor.

I remember how disappointed I was that I didn't even get her name, much less any form of contacting her. Then again, she probably would have been creeped out if a stranger asked for that.

But I just wanted to know more about this girl whose beauty made the Christmas lights look dim in comparison. I wanted to find out the reason behind the hint of sadness I could see in her eyes.

I thought I would never see her again, until yesterday, when our paths ended up crossing once again. I took my fingers to my lips, trying to prevent myself from smiling and looking like an idiot, but I miserably failed.

I heard a bell ringing, signaling that Sana had arrived, so I walked towards the glass door to unlock it. I could already see the Japanese girl smiling and waving at me.

"Good morning, Nayeon-unnie~" Sana said as she wrapped me in a hug, which I quickly returned while patting her back and chuckling.

"Morning, Sana," I replied, already used to her constant display of affection.

I gestured for her to follow me to the display so she could choose what she wanted to eat.

"Is it really okay for me to eat here?" she asked, seeming concerned.

"You know you're always welcome here, Sana," I answered.

She smiled sweetly at me and clasped her hands together, saying, "Thank you, Nayeon-unnie."

Sana chose a bagel while I decided on a cheese croissant. I picked the food and put them inside a paper bag so we could eat on the go.

"How is the drama club going so far?" Sana asked while we walked out of the door.

"It's going well, we're mainly familiarizing ourselves with the new members for now, and then we'll start planning something to do," I answered. "What about the archery club?"

"Ah... well, to be honest, it's really hard," she said, sounding a bit discouraged. "I'm having a hard time learning how to position myself, and I keep missing the target."

"Don't be discouraged," I said, trying to comfort her and patting her back. "It's always hard in the beginning but if you keep practicing I'm sure you'll improve."

Sana smiled sweetly at me and answered, "I know, I know... thank you, unnie. At least I'm having a lot of fun with Mina-chan there... and she's so good too, you know!"

At the mention of Mina, I felt myself getting slightly nervous. No matter no much I tried, I couldn't seem to get her off of my mind. I can't believe the effect she has on me even though I had only seen her twice.

"Mina seems nice, " I nonchalantly said, taking a bite of my croissant. "She told me she's been doing archery for a while now."

"Yeah..." Sana said slowly, looking at me with a suspicious look. "She is nice... honestly, I'm still pretty shocked you two already knew each other."

Her stare made me gulp and avert my gaze. I answered, "Well, I wouldn't say I knew her already... I just bumped into her, y'know... "

"Would you like to know her better then?" Sana asked, very calmly.

I was a bit taken aback by the question, and the way it sounded made me blush just a little bit.

"I-I... sure, I g-guess," I answered, biting my lip and wanting to punch myself for stammering. "We'll all b-be hanging out together now anyway, right?"

Even though I wasn't looking at her, I could tell Sana was smirking.

"You seemed way more interested in her yesterday," she said, still in that same annoyingly calm voice.

If I were to answer honestly, I'd say that I feel more interested in her every moment that passes. But I didn't want to admit that to anyone. Especially not to Sana, who would never stop teasing me about it.

While I was trying to think of a reply, Sana giggled and patted my shoulder. I glanced at her and she smiled at me. It was almost like she knew what I was thinking.

"Wanna hang out with us after school today?" Sana asked. "There's a really nice cat café that opened a few weeks ago and I've been wanting to visit it."

Hanging out with Mina? On a cat café? That sounded amazing and just the thought of it made my heart race. I took another bite of my croissant so Sana wouldn't see my smile.

"I don't have to work today, so sure," I answered, trying not to sound too excited.

"I'll talk to Mina-chan today then~" Sana happily said, finishing her bagel and tossing the wrapping paper on a trash bin.

"Okay... should I invite anyone else?"

"Only if you want to have more people around to share Mina with, " she replied, bursting out laughing when she saw I nearly choked on my croissant.

With my face red, I abruptly answered, "I-I have no idea what you're talking about!"

"Sure you don't~"

"I'm never feeding you again..." I answered, shaking my head and finishing up my croissant while trying to calm myself down.

"Nooo! I'm sorry, Nayeon-unnie," Sana said with a pleading voice, although it seems like she was trying hard not to laugh. "I'll stop it, I promise."

"Yeah right..." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Hello? Earth to Nayeon... are you even listening to us?" Jeongyeon said, snapping her fingers to me and sounding quite annoyed.

"Huh?" I asked confusedly. "Uh... sorry, I was thinking about something else and didn't pay attention."

Myoui Mina was once again occupying my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about going out with her and Sana after class. That is, if she's going at all, since the possibility of her not agreeing to go existed. Although I preferred to ignore that option.

We were at art class, but the teacher left the classroom after giving us instructions so most people were just taking the opportunity to talk to each other, including Jeongyeon and Momo, who were talking to me about something I can't remember now.

Jeongyeon shook her head after I confirmed I wasn't listening to them, saying, "You've been acting so weird today."

"You've been spacing out the whole day," Momo agreed, frowning and looking at me as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter