Chapter V | Cat Café

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

  

 

 

  ♡━━━ Sana's PoV ━━━♡  

"Hey," Nayeon softly greeted, looking at Mina and smiling brightly. 

Hello? I'm here too.

"Hello," Mina replied, while shortly bowing her head.

"Hi, unnie, I'm here too in case you haven't noticed," I said, waving again to Nayeon.

She rolled her eyes in reply and gave me an ironic smile, saying:

"Hello, Minatozaki. I was trying to ignore your existence until now."

"Wow, you're so mean. I love you too, unnie," I said, laughing exasperated.

Mina quietly giggled at our exchange, slightly covering , and Nayeon was discretely gazing at her with a soft smile. She then looked at me and shook her head, side-hugging me and rubbing my back as we started walking.

Thankfully, today's weather was nice. The sun was shining and warming up this spring day while the wind gently caressed our faces. There were students near us returning home on their bicycles and busy people were walking fast-paced, probably caught up in their routine.

Mina seemed to be rather anxious by my side, and I assumed it was because Nayeon was with us. What I didn't know was if this was her reaction to anyone she wasn't used to, or if it was particular to Nayeon. She's pretty calm with me and Jihyo and we've only known her for a few days.

Nayeon also seemed a bit more quiet than usual, by my other side. The atmosphere was a bit awkward and I wanted to get them to interact more.

I stopped walking and then pretended to be window shopping at a nearby store, approaching it. Nayeon and Mina also stopped and looked at me. I was hoping they might talk to each other now that I was a bit distant, but they just followed me and stood a bit behind, waiting for me to look at the window.

I looked back at them, and Nayeon was staring at me, while Mina was looking at the floor and tightening her lips. I sighed and rejoined them, wondering how I could get these two to start talking to each other. Having an idea, I grabbed my phone and texted Nayeon:

Nayeon noticed her phone was ringing and she grabbed it. Once she read the message, she glanced at me with a confused look on her face. I stared back and shrugged. She started typing something on her phone.

Mina seemed to be staring awkwardly at the floor while we walked and I felt really bad for her. Thankfully she was in the middle now so Nayeon could talk to her. I saw her slowly facing Mina and saying:

"Do you like cats, Mina?"

She sounded a bit awkward, but it was a start, I guess. I noticed Mina light up a bit at her question.

"I do!" she answered, sounding more excited than usual. " I... I actually have a cat. Her name is Mochi and she's a ragdoll."

Nayeon chuckled at her answer and said:

"Mochi? That is such a cute name! Do you have a picture of her?"

Mina giggled and nodded, answering, "Yeah. I probably have more pictures of her on my phone than I have of myself." She then took her phone out of her bag and started looking for a picture of her cat to show us.

"You should have more pictures taken of yourself. You're so pretty," Nayeon said, and I could see Mina blushing at her words, whispering a soft "Thank you."

I bit my lip to hold back a smile. Very smooth, Nayeon. Mina found a picture of her cat and showed us. She was a fluffy white cat with a few beige spots and had bright blue eyes.

 

"Awww," both Nayeon and I cooed at the same time.

"She is such a cute kittie!" I said, putting one hand on Mina's phone and moving my head closer so I could see her better.

"She looks so fluffy and cuddly!" Nayeon gushed, staring at the photo.

Mina giggled, seeming happy about showing her pet to us. She then swiped the screen and showed us more pictures of her cat. A few of the pictures were of Mina and Mochi, and I could see Nayeon staring at it with heart eyes.

I giggled and grabbed my phone.

Nayeon heard her phone ringing but she apparently decided to ignore it, too entertained by the photos of Mina and her cat. She would probably kill me when she saw it, but I could care less. This situation was far too amusing for me to care.

"I also have a dog, his name is Kookeu!" Nayeon said, sounding excited about her own pet as well.

She grabbed her phone and when she unlocked it she seemed to notice the message I sent her and sent me a death glare. I tried my best to hold my laughter and glance sideways, pretending to be looking at something else. Thankfully

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter